Polynesian, Animal Kingdom...HELP

My husband and I are going to DW in September. The only place I’ve ever stayed is the CB. We are leaning towards the Poly mainly because its right on the monorail. Any feedback from anyone who has stayed there is appreciated!!! Or if there is somewhere else you would recommend let me know!

1st Welcome to MB and now to your question. We stayed at the Poly last year and just loved it. There were 4 Adults and 1 child and we all fit fine into the room and had plenty of room. We would stay there in a second again. The grounds are beautiful.

The Poly is my favorite. I love anything Hawaiian themed. The gardens, the lobby, the pool, everything is beautiful and romantic.

The only thing I’ve seen that I haven’t liked about it, is all the rooms have two beds instead of a king. Its just my hunsband and I so I guess if we get mad at each other we will have our own beds hahah:laugh:

The Poly is hands-down my favorite Disney resort. It is GORGEOUS and the convenience of being on the monorail can’t be beat! Plus you have 'Ohana and Kona Cafe on-site (two of the best restaurants on Disney property, IMHO). :smile:

The only thing that prevents us from staying there every time is the price, so if it fits your budget I would recommend it in a heartbeat!

[QUOTE=dznygrl;935499]The Poly is hands-down my favorite Disney resort. It is GORGEOUS and the convenience of being on the monorail can’t be beat! Plus you have 'Ohana and Kona Cafe on-site (two of the best restaurants on Disney property, IMHO). :smile:

The only thing that prevents us from staying there every time is the price, so if it fits your budget I would recommend it in a heartbeat![/QUOTE]

Well since this is our first time going to DW together we are going all out because we probably won’t be back for a while after this trip! I’m also hoping they might extend the buy 4 get 3 until the end of September one can always wish!

Ooh yes I hope they do too! It is such a great deal!!

I don’t blame you for going all-out. It is worth it when you know you won’t be able to get back for a while. :happy: And the Poly would definitely be my choice if I were going all-out!

P.S. I almost forgot to say welcome to Mousebuzz! :biggrin:

Use one bed for the stuff you’ll buy when there - Ha HA

I’ve never stayed at the Poly, but I just wanted to welcome you to MB!

Welcome to MB!

I’ve never stayed at the Poly, but I took a self-guided tour on our last vacation. :happy:

It’s a beautiful resort, and very convenient to the parks. It has great dining and shopping (we found the GF to be somewhat lacking in resort and Disney merchandise). I’d definitely recommend.

Both resorts are great, but the Polynesian is truly a romantic resort. The resort is gorgeous both day and night, but at night with the torches lit set the tone. You also have the fireworks over MK and the nightly water parade. If you are looking for a king size bed at a resort on the monorail line, I believe I read that the Contemporary Resort has them.

Any advice on the view is it worth the extra money for a lagoon or the even extra money for a theme park view?? I don’t know how much time we will actually spend in the room so right now I’m thinking just the garden view but i’m afraid we will be looking over the parking area!!

If you don’t think you’ll be spending much time in the room, a garden view is perfect. We were overlooking the quiet pool and it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I honestly don’t know that I would pay more for the view; we loved the view we had and it was a quick walk to the beach if we wanted to gaze at the MK or watch the fireworks.

Great, that is what i’m thinking its not worth the money!

Yeah, I recommend Garden View. That’s a lot of extra cash to fork out for a better view. At any resort other than Disney, we’d blessed with a view of the dumpster, but we’re often surprised by our Garden Views. At the GF, we got a nice view of the monorail!

Well this makes me feel better about it!!!

My family loves the poly.We love the whole Hawaiian theme.The restaurants are great.The rooms seem to be a bit bigger than the normal rooms at WDW.All the rooms seem to have a good-great veiw.

I am mixed in the Poly. I had always wanted to stay there…I remember being 3 yrs old and telling my mom I wanted to stay there. As an adult I had really only been able to afford an occasional stay at the AKL or the moderates. Finally, at age 36, I broke down and did it. We went last August. There were pros/cons…like any place else. I think I such high expectations that maybe that is why I was a little disappointed.

The room size was fantastic. Especially since we invited my parents to stay with us. There was more than enough room for 4 adults and my 6 yr old son. The daybed was very comfortable and a good size for my son. The beds and pillows were very comfortable as well. The water pressure in the bathroom was not very good and the counter space was not adequate for 4 adults. We made due and did not make a big deal out of either. The grounds were very relaxing and it was fun to see the water parade at night. Being on the monorail system was great! My son made us ride the monorail just for fun about 4 times. The weekend we were there was very rainy. No fault of disney’s obviously. We still ventured out to the pool, as did alot of people. However, the pool was FREEZING! My son’s lips honestly turned purple. You would think for the $300 plus a night people pay they would heat the pool. The quick counter service was disappointing as well. They offered the same food whether it was lunch or dinner…they did not have juice boxes readily available. If you did not know to ask you would think they did not have them. They were not in the open fridge where you could take them at your leisure. You could not customize any foods to our knowledge. Again, for $300 plus a night I expected more. You get more customized service and attention at the French Quarter for alot less per night. The restaurants at the resort were very good…so maybe they intentionally slack off at the counter service to get guests to the pricier restaurants.

The resort was very nice but do I think it is worth the extra $$$ overall?? My opinion is no. I think it is over-rated and overpriced. It was nice to stay there once but do not really have a desire to go back. I would much rather try the Beach Club.

You definitely should book the Poly. Gorgeous resort.

welcome to Mousebuzz firstly! I vote for a stay at the POlynesian. A truly beautiful resort also a great choice as it has the Monorail link which is invaluable. AK is also a lovely resort ( although I still have yet to stay there ) but it is a long way out from the other areas of WDW and is served by buses only. Both would be a great choice but my heart is always with the POLY . :wub: