Polynesian Tips, Reviews, Pointers etc

For our 2010 trip my mom wants to stay at Poly. Her reasoning is that it is on the monorail and it looks pretty in pictures.

(Note, my mom has never stayed at WDW. She went to MK for one day 6 years ago and Epcot for one day 8 years ago)

Anyway, she has been asking me all about it being what she has dubbed her very own Disney Cast Member.

Well, the Poly is one of the only resorts i have never been to. I have never visited or anything! I can’t help her.

I have checked out All Ears of course but I thought I would come back to my Disney pros and ask for any Poly Tips, reviews or pointers.

One of my main questions I would like answered is which Longhouse is the best for the least walking to transportation?

Note: My mom in the past 5 years has suffered a broken back (hurt in the line of duty as a Chicago cop) in the middle of that ordeal she was diagnosed with breast cancer and beat it. A month after all of that was over she was hit by a bus and broke her neck, ribs and finger. Also she Had knee surgery She is better and doing well but does get sore and loses stamina.

So please let me know what long house you think would be best and also any other tips etc.

Thanks everyone. I have missed it here!

Lisa

Tokelau is a short walking distance to the buses, but is a longer walk to the Great Ceremonial House, which is where you catch the monorail. The GCH is also where Ohana and Kona Cafe are.

Hope that helps!

We’ve missed you too Lisa!!!

Check out Tikiman’s site too!! It’s really great and really informational!!!

TikimanPages - The Unofficial Polynesian Resort Pages

Well, Poly is my first love, though I have only ever visited, never actually stayed there…but I had to reply just to congratulate your mom on over-coming so many obstacles, I hope she has a wonderful trip.

[QUOTE=momofaprincess;959288]We’ve missed you too Lisa!!!

TikimanPages - The Unofficial Polynesian Resort Pages[/QUOTE]

No that site doesn’t know what it is talking about.:wink:

I think Tokelau is a good choice being somewhat central to things. The walks look like they can be long but really from Tokelau everything is less than a 5 minute walk and the beach, pool and bus stop are less than a minute. I think Samoa is a good request but it puts you one building farther from the Transportation and Ticket Center but that much closer to the lobby and monorail. If you really want to make things easy I would say get her a garden view club level room so she has the lounge close by to watch the parade and fireworks as well as get snacks, food and drinks without leaving the longhouse. There are some great specials out there for club level rooms.

Rarotonga would be my next suggestion but the view is not as nice as from some of the rooms in Tokelau and Samoa.

If you tell Disney- she might get a magic kingdom view. She deserves it after all of that!

Your Mom definitely deserves this vacation after what she has gone through. Definitely check out the Tikiman site, it gives so much information. You will find the Polynesian very easy to get around. My favorite thing to do it get a drink and watches the electric water parade and fireworks from the beach. It’s magical.

I agrre with Hanwill after everything she has been thru and overcame she deserves it and I hope Disney also agrees and gives her a nice upgrade or someother special treatment…I don’t think Police get enough rewards for what they do and are expected to do day in and day out…

The only thing I know is they have an awsome character breakfest there…

[QUOTE=momofaprincess;959288]We’ve missed you too Lisa!!!

TikimanPages - The Unofficial Polynesian Resort Pages[/QUOTE]

thank you that site was awesome! I printed a bunch of stuff for my mom to read!

Lisa

[QUOTE=Tikiman;959355]No that site doesn’t know what it is talking about.:wink:

I think Tokelau is a good choice being somewhat central to things. The walks look like they can be long but really from Tokelau everything is less than a 5 minute walk and the beach, pool and bus stop are less than a minute. I think Samoa is a good request but it puts you one building farther from the Transportation and Ticket Center but that much closer to the lobby and monorail. If you really want to make things easy I would say get her a garden view club level room so she has the lounge close by to watch the parade and fireworks as well as get snacks, food and drinks without leaving the longhouse. There are some great specials out there for club level rooms.

Rarotonga would be my next suggestion but the view is not as nice as from some of the rooms in Tokelau and Samoa.[/QUOTE]

OMG! I already looked at your cool site before I read this.

thanks for everything!

Lisa

Poly is my fav but some of the longhouses are a LONG walk to the monorail. (Will Poly be the next DVC site?!?!?)

Has she considered renting points and staying at Bay Lake Towers? The 4th floor bridge connects right into the monorail station.

We did our anniversary at the Poly last year and it COULD NOT have been any better. We were right beside the TTC and that was amazing, but you are right, it was a LONG way to the great house. And, like you guys say, tell them it is her first trip. We got a Park View (sorta, we had a tree in the way you had to look around) and LOVED the Poly. It is worth every penny and beautiful.

Wish we could afford Poly (sigh). One day.

We will one day, and when that day comes we will appreciate it that much more!:heart:

You need to find the good discounts. I just got a family a garden view club level room for less than their standard garden view room.

Definitely follow the advice offered here!! (Thanks for all the great info and pix.) My DH showed me this site before our last stay at the Poly and it covers pretty much everything about it!!

I can’t afford it either! Don’t give up b/c I never thought I would ever stay there.

My mom offered Poly or GF. We chose Poly

Lisa

We have stayed at the Poly five times in the last ten years and have loved it everytime. Make sure your mom takes the small boat from the dock to the Magic Kingdom as well as the monorail. And also make sure to get off the monorail at the Grand Floridian at least once just to see main lobby, it is grand.