Pondering A Few Things

I have been pondering this for a while. Our flight leaves at 8:30 which means we are to be picked up at 5:30 by the disney magic express. If we took a cab, how much would it be to the airport? How much longer would we be able to stay? Would it be worth it?

Also, it would be nice to see the city walk (i think that is its name) at Universal, however we would need a cab. Again does anyone know how long it is away and how much it would cost, also would they pick us up and take us back to our Disney resort?

Thanks a Million
:pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:
A Pirates Life For Me

I think a cab ride to MCO runs about $50. You might look at a town car, it won’t be much more. I think you’ll get an extra hour or so by doing either one. I’m not sure it’s worth it for an hour but that’s me.

(Are you pondering what I’m pondering Pinky?
Why do they call them grape nuts when they aren’t?)

City Walk isn’t really worth the side trip unless you’re going to Hard Rock Live for a show or you’re eating at Emeril’s. Not when you don’t have a car. If you’re staying at or near Universal, that would be different.

Instead of using Magical Express, DH and I are planning on taking a cab back to the airport…it should run around $50, and for us it’s worth it because it allows us to adjust our schedule and spend almost an extra full day at WDW.

However, I don’t know if a $50 cab ride would be worth it in your case because it really doesn’t save you more than an hour or so?

I don’t really think it would make that much difference. You would still have to leave WDW by 6:30 just to be on the safe side. So that would only be an hour’s difference. We always rent a car when my dh is with us. If it’s just my
daughters and I we use Magical Express. Personally, Magical Express is MUCH less stressful.

I used to think that! I haven’t posted the last day of my trip report yet but we had less than 10 minutes once we arrived at our gate last month. It was so close, I’m glad I don’t wear a watch because I didn’t know it was THAT close. We used DME a couple of other times and had more than enough time but not this trip.

Both times we’ve gone to Disneyland we hired a limo to take us to and from LAX. We could make due with a sedan, but we pamper ourselves when we go on vacation. Even if there were a Magic Express on the west coast, I think I’d still get my own transportation. After flying cross country, I want the room and solitude, and on the way to the airport, even more so before dealing with TSA. You do also arrive faster and more directly. I like being met by a guy holding a sign with my name on it as soon as I leave the gate or at least at baggage claim.

I should add that if it were me, I think I would rather have that extra hour to ensure I get to my flight on time, rather than cut it too close…plus I’d rather save the $50. :smile:

I wouldn’t enjoy my time because I would be worried that we might miss our flight. I always worry about an accident along the way, that alone can back traffic up for more than an hour sometimes.

Me too. I love to maximize my time at Disney, but an extra hour or so isn’t worth it to me when I know that it means I’ll spend the entire trip to the airport stressing.

I’m one of those people who HAS to get places early even if I know I’ll just have to sit around and wait. I hate being late and cutting it close for our flights isn’t something I want to do, I’m stressed enough as it is.

I am definitely the same way…I stress so much when it comes to vacation plans and making flights, etc. I need to be early just so I have time to remind myself to breathe! :laugh: If I’m not leaving early, then I already feel like I’m late and I will stress out bad. :pinch:

I would take ME- $50 for an hour isn’t worth it.