Pooh Party

I opened my mouth and volunteered to host a Pooh-themed party in honor of A.A. Milne’s birthday tomorrow.

I made a hunny pot cake! I’ve never used fondant before, so this was something fun to learn. For a complete amateur, I think it came out pretty nice!

Of course, I took that last night… since I have two layers of fondant on it because the first looked so awful, this morning one side is sinking because of the excess weight! :laugh:

I also made rice krispies bees… which are a little awkward… but still fun.

WOW!!! Those are amazing! Great job!

[QUOTE=Andrea;1099403]I opened my mouth and volunteered to host a Pooh-themed party in honor of A.A. Milne’s birthday tomorrow.

I made a hunny pot cake! I’ve never used fondant before, so this was something fun to learn. For a complete amateur, I think it came out pretty nice!

Of course, I took that last night… since I have two layers of fondant on it because the first looked so awful, this morning one side is sinking because of the excess weight! :laugh:

I also made rice krispies bees… which are a little awkward… but still fun.
[/QUOTE]

I, for one, think it’s a fantastic finish! Just make sure you sing a rousing rendition of “I’m just a little black rain cloud!” :pirate:

Awwww they look so cute! Good job.

Wow! Those are great! I love your bees, very cute! You are very talented!

A really great job.:happy:

Wonderful job as always! Love it!:flowers:

Andrea, you did a great job! I bet everyone will love your honey pot and bees.

Outstanding.

Thank you! I’m really happy with how the cake came out- and a little surprised it turned out so well. I think it’s the fondant. It makes things look professional!

Aw that is cute and how clever of you!

Andrea, the cake looks awesome. What kind of cake is it? and tell us about the Bee’s…are they rice crispy?

Very nice job!

For a first time “fondantaner” this is amazing. Congrats :flowers:

AWESOME Job!! Sooooo Cute!

Amazing! My fondant always looks terrible-- I would never guess this is first time!

They are adorable!

[QUOTE=tigger;1099505]Andrea, the cake looks awesome. What kind of cake is it? and tell us about the Bee’s…are they rice crispy?

Very nice job![/QUOTE]

Yep! Rice Krispies! The wings were leftover fondant.

My first layer of fondant looked TERRIBLE… I had to re-think my approach! But since I couldn’t pull off the first attempt… I just put a second layer right over in in a different way, with much better results.

I have NO idea how people manage to drape a round cake seamlessly!

Wow- as always amazing- love it

Love them!