Pop Century washer and drier

Ok germaphobes would you use the washer and driers at the PC?

I am a bit of a germaphobe (not as bad as some people I know), and I use the washer and dryer at POP every trip.

OMG! I swear I came on tonight and was going to post the same title BUT I was going to ask if they work correct. At ASmovies it took 4 hours to dry 3 things. Are they the same at POP because we are going for 11 days and I really don’t want to buy 11 days worth of clothes.

No.
Waterparks, sitting on public toilets, using other peoples washer and dryers and buffets are all on my list of no-nos. But I am a freak of nature and I know that.

I used them twice when we stayed there in 2004. Not sure if it was a benign effort or not but I kinda looked & checked out the washer & dryer before I put my stuff in it. It looked safe, no residue or anything funky left over.

We used them last fall on a 13 day trip, they worked great, a real lifesaver. My son and I hung around the resort and did laundry and played in the pool while my DH and DD went to the water park. I loved being able to do more than one load at a time. I brought my own soap, but they had soap in a vending machine in the laundry room.

It never even occurred to me to be disturbed by this…:blush:

[QUOTE=cinderbella;963035]No.
Waterparks, sitting on public toilets, using other peoples washer and dryers and buffets are all on my list of no-nos. But I am a freak of nature and I know that.[/QUOTE]

I think I love you…

We used it - I guess it all depends on how bad is your phobia??? We’re not too neurotic so we used it with no problems…maybe it’s more that I, like Tinkerbelle, don’t want to think about packing enough clothes for the entire family for every day of the trip- yikes!

[QUOTE=cowanfamily;963037]We used them last fall on a 13 day trip, they worked great, a real lifesaver. My son and I hung around the resort and did laundry and played in the pool while my DH and DD went to the water park. I loved being able to do more than one load at a time. I brought my own soap, but they had soap in a vending machine in the laundry room.

It never even occurred to me to be disturbed by this…:blush:[/QUOTE]

I always take my own detergent. It is a lot less expensive this way. Target has little travel bottles of Tide in the section of travel size toiletries, and I’ve bought and used those before. I have also taken powdered detergent pre-measured into ziplock snack bags. One scoop of Tide will fit in one of those snack bags. Just so ya know . . .

[QUOTE=cinderbella;963035]No.
Waterparks, sitting on public toilets, using other peoples washer and dryers and buffets are all on my list of no-nos. But I am a freak of nature and I know that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I absolutely agree 100% w/the public toilet notion. I will purposefully try to hold it until we get back to our room 'cause I don’t even like GOING IN the other bathrooms. But buffets??? You won’t even go to one? I always thought they seemed pretty clean in WDW, I never noticed anything too growdy. :laugh: Well, ok, once I thought Crystal Palace was a little narstay but I got over it.

But Bella may have a point with the washers/dryers. Considering the amount of parents w/small children in WDW I would not be shocked about the amount of clothing that’s been urinated on must go through those machines. :pinch: I am assuming they are porcelain enamel coated drums & HOPEFULLY sanitized every now & then but I could see where it would absolutely sceeve someone out. Anyone know if they are stainless steel or porcelain coated drums, I think one is more sanitary than the other?

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;963045]. But buffets??? You won’t even go to one? I always thought they seemed pretty clean in WDW, I never noticed anything too growdy. :laugh: Well, ok, once I thought Crystal Palace was a little narstay but I got over it.

[/QUOTE]

At WDW I let my guard down a little bit. SOMETIMES…I’ve done Chef Mickey’s and Boma but generally Bella’s rule is if it has a spit-gaurd it’s NO good!

Ewww. Isn’t a spit-guard BETTER than NO spit guard???

I think the necessity of the spit-guard is what gets me.

I believe they are stainless drums…and, after all, they are washing machines…doesnt that mean clean?

My thoughts exactly, isn’t a washing machine…well, self-cleaning? I’d think it gets sanitized every time someone does a load of laundry (as long as they add soap!):laugh:I did laundry at POFQ and it never occured to me to wonder if it was safe.

I used them just last week and they were absolutely clean. There was even a cleaning lady who came in while I was there and checked over everything and cleaned up a little. It was only $2.00 to wash a very large load and the dryers were very efficient. Everything was dry in one cycle. There was however a guy who took $10 out of his wallet, laid it on the counter and turned around to use the change machine 2 steps away. By the time his change dropped his wallet was gone and the man who stole it was going out the door. There are no cameras in there either and security isn’t allowed to confront the person.

:mickey: We always use them, if it looks questionable then I run an empty load of bleach and soap first to clean!!!

We used the washers/dryers in 2005.
I was glad that they were there, I would rather do a load then have a stain wait a week until I get home.

I look at it as I don’t have to take as many clothes with me, and I almost always end up with something on my shirt.
If it is a problem make sure you have enough smalls (bras/underwear/socks) for the week, and only wash what you have to.

We are planning to use them again this time in September.

107 days and counting…

How much does it cost to wash/dry? I usually pack an outfit for everyday, but want to pack light on our upcoming trip, so I’ll probably need to do a load or two while we’re there.

It was only $2 to wash a big load, and I think it was $2 for 30 min. to dry, but not positive on that-they were dry the 1st time though.