Pop century - who's gonna be there?

anyone know if there will be any “large groups” staying at the PC during the month of august. my DH:wub: and i are going for our 40th b-days childless and are hoping that PC isn’t filled with the large sports teams etc while we are there? just wondering.

Last time I heard POP actually doesn’t allow big groups to book at that hotel. Most of them are at the All-Stars. You may have small groups there but as far as big cheerleading/football groups they won’t be around.
Another reason why POP trumps the All Stars in my opinion!:laugh:

Im going to be at POP in Sept but its just my DD and I :laugh: no large groups… I actually think they book for spring break but this is my first time going inthe fall so Im not too sure.

[QUOTE=cinderbella;966236]Last time I heard POP actually doesn’t allow big groups to book at that hotel. Most of them are at the All-Stars. You may have small groups there but as far as big cheerleading/football groups they won’t be around.
Another reason why POP trumps the All Stars in my opinion!:laugh:[/QUOTE]

thanks, thats good to hear!

[QUOTE=cinderbella;966236]Last time I heard POP actually doesn’t allow big groups to book at that hotel. Most of them are at the All-Stars. You may have small groups there but as far as big cheerleading/football groups they won’t be around.

Thats great to know. When I was there in 07 the sports had a ton of groups running around and swimming on top of my kids.

I could be wrong…I haven’t kept up with POP news in awhile but that was true once upon a time. I haven’t stayed there since '05 though.

Just an FYI: you’re posting in the California/Disneyland park forum. You may get more feedback in the Main forum for Florida/WDW hotels.

i know. im a dork. i noticed that after i did it. do you know how to change it. i couldnt figure it out. help.

No…just a tiny blip.

This isn’t my forum so I can’t move it, sorry. But you wait, it’ll get moved when MissDis or Wish gets here.

I moved it to the correct forum. :happy:

Mahalo!!!

He mea iki :smile:

Back when I was 70 years old we stayed at All Star Sports. The pool was full of cheerleaders. I thought that was a treat.
Joe

I just asked the same question when I booked for the end of August a few days ago… (Shhh… I booked another trip accidently! :slight_smile:

Anyway,
2 CM’s told me the same as Cinderbella posted. They don’t allow “large, organized groups” at PC. Also, they don’t allow them during free dining periods.

I have had 2 poor experiences in the spring with sports/cheer groups. Arggg…! I know they are just teens having fun but geesh! Where is the SUPERVISION? My DD so did not have to hear/see what they were cheering about and doing after dark!

[QUOTE=zoey9797;967204]I just asked the same question when I booked for the end of August a few days ago… (Shhh… I booked another trip accidently! :slight_smile:

Anyway,
2 CM’s told me the same as Cinderbella posted. They don’t allow “large, organized groups” at PC. Also, they don’t allow them during free dining periods.

I have had 2 poor experiences in the spring with sports/cheer groups. Arggg…! I know they are just teens having fun but geesh! Where is the SUPERVISION? My DD so did not have to hear/see what they were cheering about and doing after dark![/QUOTE]

that is so good to know and i agree with the “where is the supervision”. teenagers are the ones who need it more then a 2 year old. thanks for the info. i can rest knowing i wont be trampled on by a bunch of kids in the pool.

Depends when you go and how large the groups are. We were staying a POFQ during a cheering event one time, and there were TONS of cheerleaders there too! :glare: They were OK, just dining was REALLY LOUD!! :blink:

I’ve stayed at All Stars multiple times when large groups were there. Just ask to NOT be in/by their block of rooms. I’ve been lucky I guess and NEVER had a problem. PLUS, my DDs like to watch their early am practices in the parking lot! :laugh::laugh:

PS. I also stayed at POP in March, and there was some kind of Dance Competition, and there were large groups then too.