POP Century

Recently, I read on someone’s post that the beds
at POP were replaced with Pillow Tops. Does
anyone know if they replaced every bed at POP?

I didn’t see that post. That would be great if they did. :blush:The bed we had was the worst we’ve ever slept on at DW. :crying: I’ll be looking to see if you get response.

I remember reading that too . . . hmmm now who’s TR was that? :huh:

I just can’t remember who’s report that was in.

I don’t know who’s TR they were in, but the beds were not in either of the 2 rooms we used a few weeks ago. We were in the 50’s building.

This is the link to that Tr.
http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/46592-my-i-need-vacation-my-vacation-trip-report.html#post881823

When I was there last week, our room did not have the pillow top pad.

[QUOTE=dh464;890733]This is the link to that Tr.
http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/46592-my-i-need-vacation-my-vacation-trip-report.html#post881823[/QUOTE]

Thanks DH! So obviously it looks like only some of the rooms
have been outfitted with the pillowtop mattresses. I will
have to get one of those rooms.

I think it would be wonderful if they replaced all the beds everywhere in WDW with pillowtops. I’m not 100% sure, but I don’t think they put pillowtops in the renovated rooms we’ve had at the Poly or Contemporary. If they haven’t, I think it’s kind of odd that they’d start with a value and not a deluxe.
But I’m not saying anything to dispute this! Let’ me be clear. I’m saying I just don’t know.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;890759]I think it would be wonderful if they replaced all the beds everywhere in WDW with pillowtops. I’m not 100% sure, but I don’t think they put pillowtops in the renovated rooms we’ve had at the Poly or Contemporary. If they haven’t, I think it’s kind of odd that they’d start with a value and not a deluxe.
But I’m not saying anything to dispute this! Let’ me be clear. I’m saying I just don’t know.[/QUOTE]

It is strange…that’s usually how it goes, but maybe they are just replacing them at resorts that are due for mattress replacements regardless of where. Who’s knows with WDW…lol

OMG , I have to get a pillowtop next time!

Bummer…after reading that TR I too was hoping that all the rooms at POP had new mattresses! I guess we’ll just have to hope to get one.

Not sure if CR had pillowtop, but I remember it being sooooo comfy. Maybe it was the plush bedding that was on it though.

Or maybe you were just exhausted. :laugh:

By the way, we’ve got a pillowtop at home. It’s a really deluxe mattress. Shame is, I’m starting to think about replacing it with a TempurPedic or a Select Comfort bed because I don’t really like it. Maybe the underlying mattress is too firm?

we have a Select Comfort bed…it’s worth every penny and then some! best bed ever!! they also have excellent customer service and warranty.

i HIGHLY recommend. we have owned ours for 8 years and it sleeps just like it was brand spanking new! i cannot say enough wonderful things about this bed!
get one!:laugh:

~~ maybe due to being spoiled with my Select Comfort at home…i found the bed at ASMo horrible! that actually factored into the many reasons we decided to give a mod. a go in dec.

[QUOTE=chottsy;890913]we have a Select Comfort bed…it’s worth every penny and then some! best bed ever!! they also have excellent customer service and warranty.

i HIGHLY recommend. we have owned ours for 8 years and it sleeps just like it was brand spanking new! i cannot say enough wonderful things about this bed!
get one!:laugh:[/QUOTE]

We also have a Select Comfort Bed. Love it Love it Love it. We had a Tempurpedic. (The worst back pain I have ever had with that bed!)

Thanks for your opinions, now that we have threadjacked.
Bringing it back (sort of). Some, if not most Radisson hotels offer rooms with Sleep Number beds.

[QUOTE=chottsy;890913]
~~ maybe due to being spoiled with my Select Comfort at home…i found the bed at ASMo horrible! that actually factored into the many reasons we decided to give a mod. a go in dec.[/QUOTE]

I’ll certainly agree that the mattress we had at Pop was horrid (and small) compared to the bed we had at WL the next night!
That is one of the reasons I find it harder and harder to book rooms at the values, or even the mods.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;890991]Thanks for your opinions, now that we have threadjacked.
Bringing it back (sort of). Some, if not most Radisson hotels offer rooms with Sleep Number beds.

I’ll certainly agree that the mattress we had at Pop was horrid (and small) compared to the bed we had at WL the next night!
That is one of the reasons I find it harder and harder to book rooms at the values, or even the mods.[/QUOTE]

After staying at DVCs and deluxe, value room sizes reminded me of cruise cabins - TINY.

Not the cruises we’ve taken! Then again, we’ve splurged and gotten minisuites with balconies on the three cruises we’ve taken.
Enchantment of the Seas (Royal Caribbean), Grand Princess (Princess), and Imagination (Carnival). Of course, we have a built in advantage living in South Florida and don’t have to worry about airfare or an extra night in a hotel.
The beds themselves reminded me of the beds I had in Finnish hotels. Small wonder, two of the three ships were built in Finland.

Same here. We spent one night in Pop and I didn’t sleep a wink between the bed being uncomfortable and the noise level. Perhaps they had enough complaints to make a switch?