Pop Century

Hi ! On my next Disney vacation i’ll be staying at the Pop Century Resort and I know the 70’s buildings have been refurbished, I guess all the others haven’t?

Which POP building do you like better ? Which one should I request upon my arrival ?

:donald:

We’ve stayed in building 8 the last 3 times we stayed at Pop. I liked it mostly because parking there wasn’t too bad and my room wasn’t too far from my car. It is a little bit of a hike to the bus stop and main building, but not too bad.
This building has been refurbished.

Building 8 is part of which century ?

All the times i’ve stayed at Pop, we’ve stayed in the 50’s. The pool is right outside most of the rooms, very quiet and not very long walk away from the main building. Times you get to see Lady & Tramp :smile:

I like the 50’s section the pool is right there and it’s not noisey and the classic hall is close to, the 70 section we stayed in last time and it wasn’t bad for distance to the classic hall and the parking lot or the pool I just don’t like the main pool its too crowded.

Building 8 is the building with the big laptop and cell phones.
That would make it the 90’s.

I just had a crazy idea. They should furnish the rooms to match the decade.
Honeymooners 50s, Bewitched 60s, Bradys 70’s, Cosby 80s, and normal 90s/turn of this century.:laugh:

So this would mean they refurbished the 70’s AND the 90’s ? I don’t know what to do, I think I was in the 70’s building last time but it was before the refurb and it seemed so clean and nice, i’m kinda surprised the buildings have been refurbished. Why so soon?

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1051401]

I just had a crazy idea. They should furnish the rooms to match the decade.
Honeymooners 50s, Bewitched 60s, Bradys 70’s, Cosby 80s, and normal 90s/turn of this century.:laugh:[/QUOTE]

I like that! :laugh:

Anyway, we like the 50’s also. We’ve also done the 60’s facing the lake, which was very nice, but that one is a preferred room so it costs a little more. We got it as an upgrade. Being close to the lobby and food court has it’s advantages if you end up getting rained on!

Neverland, the 90’s (building 8) has already been done and they were working on 80’s buildings in August so they should be done by now.
Part of the reason is that they are rolling out widescreen HDTVs all over WDW and the new TVs require new dresser/entertainment units. Also, the hotel has been open for 8 years now with very heavy traffic.

As you can see below, I have stayed at PC several times, and love it! We have stayed in the 70s most of those times, the 50s once, and 90s once. Honestly, we enjoyed all of them. A couple of the buildings in the 70s are quite a hike from parking but they are nice and quiet.

How can I find out what building I’ll be staying in at the ‘POP’?

I’ll be there from 10/9-10/15

Just curious, don’t really care which building…

-TheJ

[QUOTE=TheJulian;1051440]How can I find out what building I’ll be staying in at the ‘POP’?

I’ll be there from 10/9-10/15

Just curious, don’t really care which building…

-TheJ[/QUOTE]

You can’t because your room hasn’t been assigned and won’t be until the day you check in.
You might have a clue which building depending on if you’ve booked a regular or preferred room.