Popcorn at TDR

heehee, I just read someone’s popcorn report from Tokyo Disney Resort

Apparently in Japan they LOVE popcorn. The flavors that are sold at the parks:
Strawberry, Chocolate, Coconut, Cream Soda, Caramel, Honey, Cappucchino, Curry, Black Pepper, Soy Sauce, Butter and Salt.

The salted popcorn is exotic to Germans (as well as all the other flavors) who, when I was growing up, only had sugared popcorn :blow:

Popcorn is so popular that they sell these cute buckets

Wish i could have read the report…but the buckets are cute!!

…and all the flavors!!!:blow:soy sauce?!?

[QUOTE=tinkfans;997139]Wish i could have read the report…but the buckets are cute!!

…and all the flavors!!!:blow:soy sauce?!?[/QUOTE]

Essentially she’s talking about how wonderful that stuff is, which one her favorite is, that every popcorn cart sells a different flavor and so it might be nice to own not one but 2 buckets for different flavors.

I’m surprised they don’t have wasabi popcorn. I’ve heard of that before.

How umm…interesting.

When I lived in Mexico they gave you a super hot container of salsa to dip your popcorn in at the movies. I thought that was weird.

Reminds me of Jelly Belly’s. Not my thing. Give me the tried and true plain buttered popcorn. I do however love the buckets!

MMMMM… POPCORN!!! :happy:

[QUOTE=cinderbella;997194]How umm…interesting.

When I lived in Mexico they gave you a super hot container of salsa to dip your popcorn in at the movies. I thought that was weird.[/QUOTE]

no, what’s really weird is that you lived in Mexico. when was that, when you were 5? :laugh:

I was at the Tokyo parks a few months ago, and loved walking around to see what different flavors they had for popcorn. However, I never saw buttered popcorn. Someone one told me it was because of the grease, but maybe I wasn’t looking close enough. What I did see was Salted, Sea Salted, Honey, Black Pepper, Strawberry, Curry (which you could smell before you could see the cart), Caramel, and maybe a few more. I did get two buckets because I thought they were awesome! The Monsters Inc. and Winnie the Pooh. The Pooh one had the Honey popcorn! I have never bought popcorn in the parks before because I thought they were over priced for being so boring. Like I said, I only got two, but there were several I wanted, and I’m now kicking myself for not getting the Halloween 2009 bucket. It was sweet! Here is an image I took right after I picked them up.

I love these buckets, they are too cute! I like buttered popcorn & carmel popcorn but that’s it. If I was at the parks I’d try the honey kind, that sounds good.

PS: Iris, when one of my German friends was working in the states for Disney that’s the biggest thing he complained about. haha. “Why is there only butter/salt popcorn at the movies, this is crazy!?” :laugh:

That is cool. thanks for posting those pictures. I am not a fan of popcorn, but I would get those buckets. too cute.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;1003196]I love these buckets, they are too cute! I like buttered popcorn & carmel popcorn but that’s it. If I was at the parks I’d try the honey kind, that sounds good.

PS: Iris, when one of my German friends was working in the states for Disney that’s the biggest thing he complained about. haha. “Why is there only butter/salt popcorn at the movies, this is crazy!?” :laugh:[/QUOTE]

see, I wasn’t makin’ it up :laugh:

The buckets are great! WDW needs to follow their lead.

I agree. I want the buckets. I cannot believe that the people who are experts at squeezing the last dime out of the guests haven’t thought of that. I don’t need popcorn inside, fill it with doughnuts, it’s just as good :laugh:

Cute buckets ~ popcorn is one of those foods that I would try some crazy flavors of…bring on the Strawberry and Honey Popcorn!!

This is so cool! I wish they would sell some of it at the Japan pavilion! I’d love to try this out!

:blow:… Soy Sauce Popcorn!!!

What about BEER flavored? That has to be somewhere…wouldn’t ya’ think?
… The old two for one combo. :laugh:
They do make BEER Nachos…here in KY. Beer cheese is not bad at all.

Heck I don’t really care what flavors, as long as I can buy on of each buckets. Those buckets are too cool, dontcha think?

Oh yea, buckets of donuts. That would be a great idea.

They would come with a defibrillator, I assume.:closedeye:laugh:

[QUOTE=lovemysons;1003407]
They would come with a defibrillator, I assume.:closedeye:laugh:[/QUOTE]

And of course they would be Mickey Shaped !!! :eek::laugh::eek::pirate: