POP..tell all

I am getting closer to the trip (under 60 days now) and am starting to get excited about trying a new resort. It’s been a long time since I have stayed at a value, but I really think I am going to love POP.

Everyone who has stayed at POP please tell me your three favorite and three least favorite things about staying at this resort.

I added a room request to my reservation and asked for a first floor room in the 70’s or 80’s building. Is this a good spot to have? It seemed to be a decent location from looking at the resort map, but I am open to suggestion and have no problem calling WDW back and asking for a different request.

Can you still rent a fridge? This is a must for us. I must have cold drinks in the room. Should I have that noted on the reservation or can I ask at check in? How much are they going for these days? The last time I rented one at WDW (LONE TIME AGO), it was $10 a day…lol

Thanks in advance for all the help!

I’ve stayed in the 50’s by the lake and that was nice. I’ve stayed in 60s preferred on the pool side and it was too loud for us. 80’s looks like a good location and fun theme.

Top 3 things I like
food court
theming
line cue for bus

Top 3 things I hate
no shade at bus cue
too many people at bus cue
long walk to room

So, it is good that there is a cue for the bus because there are so many people. There would be tons of line cutting if not. The first time I was at a moderate, though, I could not believe it was shady with benches and no line. You rarely don’t get on the bus. At pop it is not strange to be in the long line and not get on and have to wait for the next bus. But, since you have a car, if this gets on your nerves you can just drive.

I am excited to hear your report!

[QUOTE=jk8;1080539]I’ve stayed in the 50’s by the lake and that was nice. I’ve stayed in 60s preferred on the pool side and it was too loud for us. 80’s looks like a good location and fun theme.

Top 3 things I like
food court
theming
line cue for bus

Top 3 things I hate
no shade at bus cue
too many people at bus cue
long walk to room

So, it is good that there is a cue for the bus because there are so many people. There would be tons of line cutting if not. The first time I was at a moderate, though, I could not believe it was shady with benches and no line. You rarely don’t get on the bus. At pop it is not strange to be in the long line and not get on and have to wait for the next bus. But, since you have a car, if this gets on your nerves you can just drive.

I am excited to hear your report![/QUOTE]

Having the car was the seller for downgrading to this resort. I don’t think I would be able to rely solely on their bus transportation. I have seen the lines to get on that bus when at the parks…holy cannoli! I randomly lose patience and take cabs as is. I intend to use the resort transport for EMHs in the AM and they drive to the park of choice at night. If this gets annoying, I will just drive everywhere. Thanks for your input. I most definately will be doing a report when I get home. Not even trying to do the live one this time.

Nate and I just spent a few nights at Pop. We didn’t love the resort but it served a purpose. We were moving over from BCV so I knew it would be very different. T
Our room was very clean and mousekeeping was excellent. It was more than big enough for the two of us. We were in the back of a building (I think!) so it was quiet. Only one time did I hear a lot of noise and that was one family coming back late.

Top three things we liked about Pop:
The arcade is great–best we’ve seen on property. Be sure to play Fire and Ice for Nate.
The food court was surprisingly good.
The price. We caught a sale through SWA and paid $99 a night.

What we didn’t like about Pop:
The lines for the buses can get long.
The size. The main building seemed a mile from our room.
Lack of trees and shade. The bus stop had very little shade, there were a few shaded benches but you couldn’t be in line and stay in the shade. The pool area also had little shade. There’s no way I could spend an hour or two sitting by the pool whe Nate swam in the afternoon.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1080547]Nate and I just spent a few nights at Pop. We didn’t love the resort but it served a purpose. We were moving over from BCV so I knew it would be very different. T
Our room was very clean and mousekeeping was excellent. It was more than big enough for the two of us. We were in the back of a building (I think!) so it was quiet. Only one time did I hear a lot of noise and that was one family coming back late.

Top three things we liked about Pop:
The arcade is great–best we’ve seen on property. Be sure to play Fire and Ice for Nate.
The food court was surprisingly good.
The price. We caught a sale through SWA and paid $99 a night.

What we didn’t like about Pop:
The lines for the buses can get long.
The size. The main building seemed a mile from our room.
Lack of trees and shade. The bus stop had very little shade, there were a few shaded benches but you couldn’t be in line and stay in the shade. The pool area also had little shade. There’s no way I could spend an hour or two sitting by the pool whe Nate swam in the afternoon.[/QUOTE]

I saw the size of that arcade in the pictures on allears…it’s huge! I will be sure to play Fire and Ice…let Nate know! Sara and I usually kill an hour or so in an arcade at some point during a trip. We have an air hockey grudge match this time. Happy to hear about the food court. We have the quick service plan and intend to use that food court often.

The feedback on the buses and transportation seem to be consistant every where I look. I am grateful that I will have a car this time. We don’t really do the pool in the day time. Sara may go in at night.

The price was definately a plus for me too. I saved $959 by switching and taking two days off the trip. That’s half my spending money for the entire trip…even the days on the road.

Thanks for your feedback! Keep it coming all!

we really like the values
and the pop is the best has a great food court…
tie dyed cheesecake
nice clean rooms
fun theming and cues for the buses
really the only thing we did not like was the length of the lines for the buses and how far the areas are for the buses at the parks.

Dana, there is only one thing you need to know about the Pop…are you read?

Parmesan Crusted Chicken

You are welcome.

[QUOTE=tigger;1080566]Dana, there is only one thing you need to know about the Pop…are you read?

Parmesan Crusted Chicken

You are welcome.[/QUOTE]

You are right. We were too tired to go to a park for dinner one evening so we decided to give the food court a try and we were surprised at how good the Parmesan chicken was. The bread sticks were hot and fresh as well. I wouldn’t go to the resort just to eat if I wasn’t staying there but it’s pretty good if you’re already there. We also had an egg and bacon crossiant for breakfast and it was so much better than the one we had at Beach Club or Boardwalk Bakery. Very fresh and good.

We stayed at pop and really enjoyed it. We went first week of Dec so we did not have long lines. We stayed in the 50s building in a non preferred room and found it convient for everything. The food court is great ( rather loud but hey its wdw ), the store is large and we did not wait for buses going to the park. Shade was not a problem because it was cold. The bus lines leaving the park were large which was the biggest negative.

Well Dana we only stayed once at Pop for only two nights and we are going back for nine nights this fall. But from what I remember the three things I liked was Movies by the pool in the evening, the food court, and the store in the main building but this was 5 years ago and I am eagerly waiting to see if memory is as good as I think it is.

We love POP too! The poolside parties and movies are night are my kids fav! Also the lava lamp cocktail from the Petals Pool Bar - yummy!!

The food court does have the best food of the values, but it’s packed all the time. :glare: We get our food to go and then sit by the pool to eat it or take it back to the room! :happy:

Pay the extra to be in the Preferred section or try for an upgrade! The rooms are really nice now they have been redone and include flat screen TVs and a privacy curtain by the sink (Major Plus when one person likes to get a little more sleep then the other!)

You won’t be disappointed! :happy: ENJOY YOUR TRIP!**

**I am so jonesing for Disney!

[QUOTE=tigger;1080566]Dana, there is only one thing you need to know about the Pop…are you read?

Parmesan Crusted Chicken

You are welcome.[/QUOTE]

Sounds delish!

Thanks for all the positives about this resort! Can’t wait to see this food court…I went on allears to look at the menus and OMG…so much to pick from!

POP is our location of choice if we decide to leave a day or two earlier than originally planned and cannot add on the extra nights to the beginning of our reservation. I enjoy the rooms that are closest to Hourglass Lake. Less people walking past so it is quieter by default. This is in opposition to everyone saying get a prefered room close to the main building. We enjoy the quiet.

If I was to stay for a longer time I would want to remember to throw a lawn chair or two in the car. When in WDW I love finding a quiet place away from everyone to sit and have my coffee and the paper or favorite book in the AM. Since there is not a private balcony w/ chairs you are left to the few seats and benches provided. And I have never seen any overlooking the lake which is very quiet in the early AM and a nice place to organize your thoughts.

I think I say THINK

you can request a fridge for medicines and not get charged.

I say again I think

POP is great if they would accomodate 5 I would stay there everytime
Great Food selection in the food crt Pools were refreshing.

Agree with lscjamouse the lines for buses a bit long but nothing to lose sleep over

We rented a refrigerator all three times we stayed there and I believe Imhaas is right about free for medications. It was $10/night and we let them know when we checked in. We love POP!!

Top three:
the food court (we loved it!)
the swimming pool by the 50’s buildings
the theming is fun

Bottom three:
the farthest buildings can be a long walk in the rain
poolside rooms can be a bit noisy
(Okay, bottom two. Can’t think of a third.)

Have fun!!

Yes you can still get a fridge, regardless of asking for a fridge ahead of time or not, it will not be in the room when you get there. You may want to mention it at check in and have them call Mousekeeping and have it delivered. If you wait until you get to the room it’s just a longer delay. There is some rule they have about not being able to deliver before hand. And you can get a fridge for free if you state that it’s for medication. You’re bringing Tylenol right? I’m just saying!

We stayed near the Lady & The Tramp and it was a nice location. More so near the pool, that was the bowling alley pool and it wasn’t really that noisy, that 70’s pool is HOPPPIN’!

I’ve stayed at Pop a lot over the last couple of trips and have really begun to enjoy it.

3 Things I loved

Food Court
I got the most delicious turkey sandwich there and they also have an Edy’s Ice Cream Parlor thing, can you say excellent use of your snack credit, I can! LOL Overall, all the food was delicious there. I think someone in our family got the nachos and a beer, they were in heaven.

Decor & Theming
You could literally spend an entire day walking around taking pictures of all the net buildings and large Mickey phones. It’s also nice to look at on your look walk to and from the main building.

The Store
The store is awesome in the resort, it’s very large and really one of the best in all of the resorts. We found some things in there that they didn’t have in the other stores in DTD or throughout the parks. It’s awesome and you can really spend a fair amount of time time there. As well it’s open very late, along with the food court. 11PM I think.

3 Dislikes

That I missed the movies at the pool! :frowning:

I was there in the winter and can presume the lines are yucky in the summer, but I never had a problem. Overall I really didn’t have a dislike about the resort. Check in was always smooth, everyone was courteous, and honestly I think they folks at the value resorts try harder to make it memorable for you.

Enjoy your trip Dana.

Okay stayed at Pop a few times never seen the movie night. When and where and times are they please advise.

i had asked for a fridge one time for meds… i forgot to call and tell them i had gone off that med and told them at the desk… they left it in the room . when we got to the room it was a regular size fridge. we never got charged.

Thanks for all the great opinions. I am really getting excited about my stay now. I will most definately just request the fridge at check in. I am hoping for a building near the main area, noisy or not…lol DD will whine the entire trip if we have a room really far away from the bus stop. After walking with me all day, she can’t stand to have to walk a mile to take a nap.

I am really excited about the foodcourt and the giftshop. They seem to be the two things that most people enjoyed about their stay there.