POR and POFQ Mugs

Can anyone confirm or deny that these resorts have switched over to the new microchip mugs? We are going in early December so if someone is staying there between now and then, can you let me know?

Many thanks!

Yes, they have. They all have.

They have but I have heard that you can use them at both resorts in this case only. For instance FQ mugs work at R and vice-versa. I cannot back that up with personal experience though. Ask before you buy. You might get lucky and get a CM that knows.

that is my understanding as well. I was also told it’s the same for Yacht and Beach, but I need to get a definite answer on that.

Well that would be a nice extra perk. :grinning:

I am not sure how much of a perk it would be. I am sure I am odd man out, but it’s really rare for me to venture to Riverside while at French Quarter and it would be super rare for me to venture all the way over to Yacht Club from Beach. They are miles apart. Unless you were sharing pools which Yacht and Beach do, it makes no sense really. I still have to find the right answer on this or should I said a definite answer on this. You know how it goes with Disney. You have to try it yourself to find out the real answer sometimes because you are given more then one “right” answer.:laugh:

I don’t know that we will be getting the refill mugs anymore at POFQ anyway…but we occasionally will walk over to the food court at RS…it’s only about a 5-10 minute walk and sometimes nice to use a different food court… We never use the pools at any resort so we only use the mugs in the morning and late at night… I haven’t “done the math”–it may not be worth it for us now.

I just think its nice to be able to use them both places…since they are close by…If that is indeed the case…

Thanks for keeping us updated…I won’t worry about it one way or another though. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=smallworld;1138415]I don’t know that we will be getting the refill mugs anymore at POFQ anyway…but we occasionally will walk over to the food court at RS…it’s only about a 5-10 minute walk and sometimes nice to use a different food court… We never use the pools at any resort so we only use the mugs in the morning and late at night… I haven’t “done the math”–it may not be worth it for us now.

I just think its nice to be able to use them both places…since they are close by…If that is indeed the case…

Thanks for keeping us updated…I won’t worry about it one way or another though. :)[/QUOTE]

I was def just talking about my own preferences. If you wander into POR it would definitely make sense for you and be a benefit. $17.99 per mug. I opted to not get it at the Contemporary last week as it made ZERO sense for me as I was out in the Garden wing and the refill station was in the tower. I opted to have water delivered and just bought a soda when I wanted one.

I do not think that we will be buying the mugs any longer. To me you have to really drink a great deal of coffee/soda at the resorts to justify $18. I suspect that Disney may be surprised how few people now buy the mugs but we shall see. They have people far smarter (maybe the correct word is greedier) than me figuring out such things. :happy:

I’m not sure what the current cost of coffee, juice or soda is now, so I can’t calculate. I believe when I calculated it a couple of months ago when the prices and trials first appeared, it would take us 5 days of morning and late night use to make it worth our while. We usually stay 6 nights…so we would barely make it worth our while.

If you hang around the resort at the pool, it would definitely pay off…

It’s been so long since we DID NOT get a mug (our break even point used to be 3 days) that I can’t remember…

…If you buy a single one time cup for coffee, can you get a refill while there that morning? Same with Tea…can you get more hot water while you are sitting there? Or is it now just a one time paper cup use? This will be the deciding point for us I guess.

Another benefit for me is actually drinking out of a “solid” ( for lack of a better word) cup rather than paper. Even tho it’s only plastic and not ceramic, it still seems better to drink a morning cup of coffee from the plastic mug rather than a paper cup! Just another thing for me to think about in our decision next trip. :happy:

The mugs are not a big deal to us…more like an “Oh Well”… We usually use our mugs in the room so that’s an added benefit for us but we can do without the mug if the cost doesn’t work out anymore…

If you are on a meal plan, it comes with it. When I am not on a meal plan, if I am not right at the food court area, I don’t even bother with the mugs. I never did. That is a like a shot glass of beverage for me. I usually have a case of water, case of juice boxes (yes my adult daughter still wants them) and diet coke maybe. The refills stations on top of how little I can fit in those cups make is just so inconvenient. It’s not even about the price - it’s the annoyance factor. I have had them sit in the room for days when they come with the meal plan:laugh: I am not carrying a stupid mug around the parks with me.

Will not be buying them anymore. I do NOT drink soda anymore (or very rarely), and Sharon only has a cup or 2 of coffee every day, so the cost benefit will not be there. Unless we buy just one and split it for nostalgia purposes.

…never on a meal plan so we buy ours…but as I said…not sure if we will anymore…

We don’t drink a lot of soda either–we mostly use it for coffee and hot tea in the morning—and if we are there in the winter hot chocolate at night…occasionally iced tea when we come in late in the evening and it’s hot…

What I want to know, is if you can get a refill with a regular paper cup that you buy each day? We almost always get a refill of coffee or tea in the morning with breakfast…if i have to pay for that refil, then it might pay just to have the mug for refills each morning at breakfast…And we eat breakfast at the food court every single morning…

As I said, it’s plastic but I get tired of drinking out of paper cups all week…lunch ever day in the park is paper cup time…and sometimes dinner too…just a personal preference thing.

We do not take our mugs with us to the park—we did at one time but not anymore…we go back to the room to brush our teeth after breakfast anyway so–we just wash them out and leave them there…

So—I think the cost will be our deciding factor—i don’t need another souvenir mug— :happy:

It hasn’t happened yet. When we were there 2 weeks ago, I’d say at least 80/85% of the people had them. We didn’t buy one, just wouldn’t have paid off for us. Saw a lot of people on the bus going to a park carrying them and thought who wants to carry that thing around all day, but then noticed most of them had a backpack so perhaps they put them away when finished with them.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1138488]…never on a meal plan so we buy ours…but as I said…not sure if we will anymore…

We don’t drink a lot of soda either–we mostly use it for coffee and hot tea in the morning—and if we are there in the winter hot chocolate at night…occasionally iced tea when we come in late in the evening and it’s hot…

What I want to know, is if you can get a refill with a regular paper cup that you buy each day? We almost always get a refill of coffee or tea in the morning with breakfast…if i have to pay for that refil, then it might pay just to have the mug for refills each morning at breakfast…And we eat breakfast at the food court every single morning…

As I said, it’s plastic but I get tired of drinking out of paper cups all week…lunch ever day in the park is paper cup time…and sometimes dinner too…just a personal preference thing.

We do not take our mugs with us to the park—we did at one time but not anymore…we go back to the room to brush our teeth after breakfast anyway so–we just wash them out and leave them there…

So—I think the cost will be our deciding factor—i don’t need another souvenir mug— :happy:[/QUOTE]

I am not sure on the refill thing, but I would be happy to ask for you when I am there next week.

Oh that’s nice of you to offer Dana…but it’s ok. It’s not that important really. :happy:

I’m sure by the time I get back to WDW someone will have discussed the answer in a trip report or article!

It’s so nice of you to offer to find answers for those of us on Mousebuzz…

[QUOTE=smallworld;1138497]Oh that’s nice of you to offer Dana…but it’s ok. It’s not that important really. :happy:

I’m sure by the time I get back to WDW someone will have discussed the answer in a trip report or article!

It’s so nice of you to offer to find answers for those of us on Mousebuzz…[/QUOTE]

It’s really not a big deal. I will buy a soda and try to refill it. If I am tackled by a Cast Member, I will know I am not suppose to do it.:laugh:

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Don’t know why the mission impossible song came on when I saw this. :ph34r:

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: