POR refurb

It started today …total make over for rooms …french quarter ,first with riverside next

oooh, I wonder if it would be finished at the beginning of March? We booked a trip for POR for Feb.27 - March6 to celebrate the hopeful end of chemo. We’ve stayed at POFQ but never at POR.

it will take at least a year,so chances are no

Yikes! We are staying at POFQ in mid-Feb. Hope it doesn’t mess us up too much. I imagine they do their best not to disrupt/disturb current guests. I’m guessing they will do one building at a time?

I was told 1 building at a time and if i am not mistaken building 7 first…going on memory but i believe that is what i was told

YYYAAAYYY!!! I am so excited! :mickey:

wooohooo!!!
i can’t wait to see it in Dec!
thanks for the update!

Wouldn’t this be something? Port Orleans News

POR is a great, relaxing place to stay – even before a renovation. It’s a great goal to look forward to at the end of your chemo. I just finished mine last week and I am counting down to my trip in November – 29 days . . . Enjoy!

Have make plans to stay there once done.

Have to admit, the thought of a “Haunted Mansion”-themed room didn’t appeal to me (and I love HM!), but I’ve changed my mind, now that I’ve seen the concept drawing.

The royal room - meh. I’ve got two boys - they’d never go for it.

this is great news really. We love POR and stay there nearly every vacation but even hard core POR fans like us can see a lot of he resort is very dated and in need of some TLC these days so this is good news. :happy:

What do you think the chances are of getting an updated room at POFQ by February?
Is there a good way to ask for one?

Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
Nov. 8-12, 2010: Building 7 will undergo roof recovering.
Dec. 6-10, 2010: Building 6 will undergo roof recovering.

Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
Now – Nov. 12, 2010: Magnolia Bend – Building 90 exterior repair and refinishing.
Nov. 1-19, 2010: Marina Area Rope (railing) replacement.
Nov. 12 – Dec. 15, 2010: Magnolia Bend – Building 95 exterior repair and refinishing.

[QUOTE=buzz2001;1055094]Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
Nov. 8-12, 2010: Building 7 will undergo roof recovering.
Dec. 6-10, 2010: Building 6 will undergo roof recovering.

Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
Now – Nov. 12, 2010: Magnolia Bend – Building 90 exterior repair and refinishing.
Nov. 1-19, 2010: Marina Area Rope (railing) replacement.
Nov. 12 – Dec. 15, 2010: Magnolia Bend – Building 95 exterior repair and refinishing.[/QUOTE]

hmmmm, that’s not very interesting. All exterior stuff.

I hope it’s not going to be just exterior… the interior needs serious work… I will keep my fingers crossed.

my thoughts exactly. Slap a coat of paint on the exterior and begin to do some real work on the rooms :pirate:

that might be so but I was told directly the interiors were being done…new furniture,flat screens ,etc…and i t was supposed to start monday the 25th of oct…so I guess we shall see…but my source was definite …like hotel manager definite…

Hey now, that’s better news. YOu didn’t mention that up in your first post. I was worried :blush:

Yes, I wasn’t trying to say that the work I posted was the only thing being done, I was just posting additional work being done at the resort.