POR...location ..location..location

Our next trip tentatively is set for September 15th. I am going to call for reservations tomorrow. We have decided to stay at POR. We have stayed at Parterre Place before and we decided to try Alligator Bayou this trip. I have looked at past forum threads and the bldg recommended the most seems to be BLDG 14. We prefer to stay in a building close to the main building and bus depot. How is the walk from those areas to BLDG 14? Is Bldg 14 better then bldg 28? Several others recommended 28.

Cant wait to hear the recent recommendations…

Building 14 and 15 are the closest Alligator Bayou section buildings to the food court and the buses. Building 28 is probably near a bus stop, but not the food court.

Yep, Buildings 14 and 15 are the key Alligator Bayou Buildings alright! 16 is great, too. If you go to the Magnolia Bend section, request a room in the Oak Manor building!

IN Alligator Bayou, try to avoid rooms in Buildings in the 20’s and 30’s… in Magnolia Bend, avoid Acadian House, if you can.

Are these deal-breakers? Of course not! But they can be a long walk to the food, pool, etc., and if you can get closer, do it!

I loved building 28, but it was a bit of a walk to the main building, not too far to a bus stop. Probably not what you’re looking for!

Reservations have been made! I couldnt wait til tomorrow. I requested bldg 14, non-smoking room. Now it is just a matter of modifying with discount rates and then we are set. Although the AAA rate wasnt bad at all…$111.00 plus tax per night. Would be nice to get $89 a night though.

Good! Bldg 14 is the best. It’s where we were and I highly recommend it.

Bldg 14 is definately the place you want to be if you want to be near the main bldgs and the main bus stop. Easy walk to food court, Boatwright’s, gift shop and busses.

We like being in the far buildings, the walk to breakfast in the morning is a great way to start our day at WDW :slight_smile: and if its raining sometimes the CMs driving glof carts have given us rides.