Port Oleans-Riverside

Anybody have any info or stay at the Port Orleans-Riverside?

We just got back from our holiday there and had a wonderful time. We stayed in Oak Manor, but Alligator Bayou is another of our favourite blocks. Both are pretty good for accessing the main buildings, and they have nice quiet pools away from the main pool.

Some of our members have found the rooms to be a little tired, and Mousekeeping can leave alot to be desired depending who you get! But the grounds are beautiful, and the food court is pretty adequate too.

You are able to sail down to DTD from POR and there are also horse and carriage rides, and boat rentals available too.

It has been our resort for many years so we are a little biased maybe, but on the whole its not a bad resort at all.

Here is a pretty good fan site Port Orleans Riverside: Sassagoula Steamboat Company (Main Building)

We love this resort for various reason, one of which is the boat to Downtown Disney and another is Bob the Entertainer at the River Roost Bar, the store is great, the food court has some good stuff, the pool is fun, the pool bar is good, the surroundings are beautiful…

We stayed at “Riverside” back in August and we loved it.

As Dixie mentioned, Mousekeeping was only “okay” (prior to our arrival to our room, it looked like tinkerbell left quite a bit of her “fairy dust” on the beds and chairs, and mousekeeping neglected to clean it up… But a quick call to the front desk and most of it was taken care of) but aside from that, the resort itself is great! The pool and pool bar are fantastic, the entertainment at the River Roost Bar is awesome, the on site restaurant serves excellent food, and the overall look and feel of the resort is wonderful. We are hardly ever in the rooms anyways, so that’s why the mousekeeping problems didn’t weigh that heavily on our opinion of the resort…

The excellent link that Dopey posted pretty much hits the nail on the head.

Give it a shot!

We have stayed at both FQ and Riverside. I was some what partial to Riverside before going the DVC route. I think because when we were at Riverside, we were close to the food court/bus and boat stops.

[QUOTE=dixie;1053050]We just got back from our holiday there and had a wonderful time. We stayed in Oak Manor, but Alligator Bayou is another of our favourite blocks. Both are pretty good for accessing the main buildings, and they have nice quiet pools away from the main pool.

Some of our members have found the rooms to be a little tired, and Mousekeeping can leave alot to be desired depending who you get! But the grounds are beautiful, and the food court is pretty adequate too.

You are able to sail down to DTD from POR and there are also horse and carriage rides, and boat rentals available too.

It has been our resort for many years so we are a little biased maybe, but on the whole its not a bad resort at all.[/QUOTE]

our home away from home…POR …when we arenot staying AT DVC sarotoga,we stay at POR…this trip 7 nights AT SSR and 3 nights at POR…great resort

We :heart: POR. My kids love Ol’ Man River and the great slide into the pool, we love the beautiful grounds and we have never had any issues with Mousekeeping when we’ve been there. I think you will love it too!

One thing to think about is the # of people in the room. If I remember from an earlier post you have 3 kids. If so, the extra bed is a trundle bed that is ok for a small child. But it might not do for a teenager. And some MB’ers have said the mattress is a little thin.

We just got home from our second stay at POR and loved it. We were a little worried about the resort after recent comments but had no problems. We had no issues at all with cleanliness. We have 3 kids (10 , 12 and 16) and find we managed fine in the room. It is small but knowing that we adjusted fine. My DD10 is big for her age, she is about 95 pounds and taller than my DS12 and she never complained about the bed and since she is my complaining child, the bed was fine.

We love Riverside. We have stayed at Alligator Bayou many times (if you care to, request Buildings 14 or 15 or 18) and we truly love it. It is the most Disney of all the moderates to us.

This year, I also stayed at Magnolia Bend, and it was phenomenal. Especially beautiful in the mornings. If I were moving to WDW, I might actually live at Magnolia Bend (if you’d care to, request Oak Manor building!)

ckc, you chose really well! Fabulous resort, and you will be surrounded by magic… could not have done better!

We stayed here way way back on our first ever WDW trip and we loved evey second of it! We stayed in Parterre (sp?) Place which was an ideal location! Right near the bridge over to the main buildings and just one building over from a quiet pool that only ever seemed to get used by us! The ferry ride to DTD was amazing, especially when we got caught in a freak storm with the most insane ferry driver I think we’ve ever come across! They have an awesome shop in the main building and a huge food court! Its such a tranquil resort, perfect for wandering around and relaxing after a hectic day at the parks! Next to AKL it is our favorite resort!

I have a soft spot for Riverside. It was the first resort we ever stayed at - back when it was still Dixie Landings. We always enjoyed our time there - the grounds are gorgeous. I was always partial to the Mansions section, but the Bayou is nice too.

Your going to love it! We were their in June.
As some of the others have stated, some of the buildings are getting a little “tired” looking, ours was one of them. :glare: But we loved out Mousekeeper, Jose!
I will always go back to POR, it’s my favorite, when it comes to the property. It’s very romantic feeling. :wub:
We also really like the quick serve hall, tons of chocies. My favorite was the Turkey dinner, simply scumpshis!
Boatrights is yummy too.

Love Riverside…as a bonus you can take the boat to downtown disney…and the pool area is great

Never stayed here but walked over and looked around while stay at the POFQ, and the grounds were wondedrfull.

OK here it goes …PORrefurb started today…the french quarter is first,new furniture,flat screens …bigger refrigerators, and I change in beds …that is all I can say right now …got word that it is a great upgrade and that it was slightly overdue ,but because of great bookings it had to be delayed …it should take about a year to finish all of PO french and riverside

Any idea of which section I should request? The mansion side appeals to me visually and I will probably have a wheelchair or scooter because of just ending chemo after7 months, I’m not sure if I’d be able to walk all day.

They started in french quarter…they are completely gutting each room …so as far as riverside,they won’t get there for sometime now