Port Orleans Riverside

We are going to Disneyworld for our honeymoon in september, :wub: We are staying at PO-R. We have been reading that there are two places to stay, the Magnolia and Aligator Bayou. Which one would be best for a honeymoon stay? Also are any of the restaurants there any good? Where are the best picture spots? Has anyone done the Photopass Professional Portrait Session? How far is MK from PO-R?:confused:

Many good questions.
We only ever have stayed in the Bayou section of the resort and absolutely loved it for it’s lush grounds.
the Boatswright restaurant is fine. Really good for a sit down breakfast and alright for dinner.
I have no idea how far it is to the MK, but the bus will get you there quickly :wink:

Happy honeymooning to you :flowers:

We’ve stayed in both. Magnolia has elevators, which is nice after a long day in the park, but I like the quiet of alligator bayou. I agree that Boatwrights is great for breakfast, however I would avoid it at dinner time. We’ve been more than once and will not go again. Everytime was awful. The service was great, but the food is below normal Disney standards. You would be better off using your dining credits or money elsewhere. There are LOTS of really great picture spots all over the grounds. The entire resort is beautiful. There are some really nice walk ways and seating areas that are surrounded with trees and flowers. Take your time walking around and you will without a doubt find great picture locations. Good luck and have a great time!

I completely agree, don’t have dinner at Boatwrights. With so many great places to eat, this one does not compare… (Watch out for those cool looking bike/car thingies that they rent too - they are really heavy and take a lot of effort to peddle!)

Thank you guys for the quick replies. Thanks Tiggerific for the heads up on the bike rentals. We were looking into renting one.
What about the Sea Racers, did anyone rent one? My future husband wants to rent one really bad.
We’re renting a car, would you recommend driving to the parks or taking the shuttle? A friend of ours went there and took the shuttle but they said that they take a while to pick you up, especially from DD.

Thanks Dopey. We can’t wait!! Whats cool is my soon to be husband LOVES everything Disney (his friends make fun of him all the time for it).

You are welcome. That’s what we are all here for, I know you would do the same for me!

Personally, I’m not a fan of renting cars. We don’t even have a car from the airport anymore (ME is a budget save). We find that the Disney bus is better than most mass transit on average. (Not that I would know anything about mass transit coming from the Motor City!) Sometimes we get a bus with no wait, sometime we wait 15 minutes. It all comes out in the wash and you don’t need to fight traffic while on vacation.

[QUOTE=Dopey;975615]
the Boatswright restaurant is fine. Really good for a sit down breakfast and alright for dinner. [/QUOTE]

I’m pretty sure Boatwright’s doesn’t serve breakfast anymore. We also honeymooned at POR (back when it was called Dixie Landings). We stayed in the Bayou area and thought it was beautiful. We’re going back to the Bayou rooms in Aug. for the first time since (w/3 kids now!) We’ve also stayed in the mansions with some friends, and that area is also very nice. I think for a honeymoon, though, I’d request Alligator Bayou because it is so peaceful and serene. You really can’t go wrong either way, though. Have a wonderful honeymoon!:wub:

you must have been riding a difficult bike because they really don’t take much effort. they are meant to be enjoyed by kids as well as adults and I have seen one used by young kids by themselves :wink:
One man’s effort is another man’s enjoyment

oh gosh, I hope he keeps loving Disney. You are a lucky woman.

Did you check out the photos of POR at Deb’s Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World ?
There are a lot of photos of both sides of the resort which are as different as night and day. I have stayed in the Alligator Bayou section and loved it! I’m not a huge fan of the Magnolia side, but that is just my taste.
The resort is beautiful regardless of where you stay…you’ll love it!

You don’t need a car in WDW. For what you pay to rent one you could have much more fun elsewhere in WDW.
Joe