Port Orleans. Riverside

Anyone stay there recently? It’s been a long time for me…when it was called Dixie Landings. The good and the bad???:ninja:

Love POR Riverside!

Pros:
Best dining hall of any WDW resort.
Only a short riverboat ride down the Sassagoula to DTD.
Access to both POR Riverside and POR French Quarter pools.
Two awesome themes: Alligator Bayou or Magnolia Bend

Cons: Try to get a preferred room. Some rooms are a long way from the dining hall, gift shop, lobby, etc.

We love it too, and I would echo all said above. It did go through a phase of needing a bit of TLC, however, alot of the room buildings have been updated and refurbed.
Its a lovely resort with a beautiful theme and a really nice atmosphere.

We stayed at POR last September & LOVED IT!!! Kids absolutely loved everything about it~ the pools, the arcade, the dining hall was great, the carriage ride through PO French Quarter, the super easy boat ride to DTD & yes, I’ve read there are parts still in need of renovations, but our room (in Magnolia Bend) was wonderful. It’s one of the few resorts that comfortably accomodate larger families (there are 5 of us)… we loved it & are trying to decide on a trip back in December :heart:

I second all the above!!! We love Riverside and will be staying there again in November. I do think it is my favorite moderate resort…really LOVE the boat to Downtown DIsney!

Stayed there in May. It was a very nice resort. We really liked the boat shuttle to Downtown, and counter service area was good. Liked the decor.

All things considered, however, my family wants our next trip to be back at Carribean Beach. They felt that bus service was better at CB, and there are two hot tubs, rather than one. I thought the food was slightly better at CB as well.

Either moderate resort makes for a wonderful trip.

What’s not to love. After always staying at the Bayou section, they put us in a room in the Mansions and we absolutely loved it. Room 9252, I believe, was the best location evahhhhhhhh