Port Orleans Riverside

So, going to be staying at the POR for the first time. . .any gems that I should know about?

I’ll be going for the first time myself next month and a friend told me about the carriage rides at POR. She said it was wonderful. If you haven’t already considered it, you might want to. They are $45 a carriage for only about 30 minutes.

You can take the boat to DTD… relaxing way to go.

Also, know it is so close to everything. About 10 minutes to each park… You will have fun!

POR is one of my favorite resorts! Just strolling around the grounds is a little gem - the buildings are gorgeous and there is lots to see around the lobby. If you have time, visit PO French Quarter too - it’s equally beautiful and they have delicious beignets in the food court!

We loved the boat rides to DTD when we were there. We also rode the boats from one landing to the other within the resort and then walked home to enjoy the beauty of the resort at night. It was fun. We also explored all of the restaurants and gift shops on both ends. I love this resort!

Love POR! As others have said, it’s nice to just stroll the grounds and the boat to DTD is a great way to go. I’ve never had any problems with the buses and love their quick service food court. I have always preferred the Magnolia Bend area but I know the Alligator Bayou section is favored by some. Be sure to request which one you think you’d prefer. We’ve always had good luck getting what we wanted.

Wait…are you staying at POR or POFQ? I just saw your other thread and realize that you said French Quarter. If that’s the case…never mind about the sections info.:blush:

POR is our home from home resort. Beautiful grounds, good food court and easy access to everything Disney. We are a little biased and tend to overlook some of the small stuff but overall it’s a very nice resort.
Alligator Bayou, Magnolia Bend, and Oak Manor are some of our favourite buildings.

[QUOTE=Peppertink;1093824]Love POR! As others have said, it’s nice to just stroll the grounds and the boat to DTD is a great way to go. I’ve never had any problems with the buses and love their quick service food court. I have always preferred the Magnolia Bend area but I know the Alligator Bayou section is favored by some. Be sure to request which one you think you’d prefer. We’ve always had good luck getting what we wanted.

Wait…are you staying at POR or POFQ? I just saw your other thread and realize that you said French Quarter. If that’s the case…never mind about the sections info.:blush:[/QUOTE]

all of what Peppy said and I must say, we usually stay in the bayou section until this past January when they put us up in the mansions and we absolutely loved
staying there. Now I am confused. I can’t decide which I like better. I do know, though, that I would never ever stay at the French Quarter ever again.

It’s just a great resort! Doesn’t seem to matter how crowded it is there- it is so peaceful! Love it!:happy:

other than DVC resorts its my favorite,good main pool,but great quiet pools …good food court,peaceful and beautiful grounds,boat ride downtown,and a must is the entertainment in the lounge,I believe 4-5 nights a week,and debbie the friendly red head …also the food court on most nights is open late mainly midnight…you will see what we are all talking about when you get there…personally like the magnolia side …