Port Orleans, Riverside

So, who has stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside with 5 people in one of the rooms. We are traveling with two teenage boys, my dh, and then my DH who is 9.

We have two rooms booked at Pop, but Port Orleans is cheaper if we go with one room. DS would love to be there to fish. Just don’t know if its worth trying to cram into one room.

Thoughts?

Personally, I would bite the bullet and take the two rooms at the Pop - with three kids the two bathrooms come in very handy, and you have some room to spread out a bit. That being said, if you want to save the money and aren’t going to be in the room that much, I guess POR would be ok. All the POR rooms have now been renovated and the “fifth” bed is now a pull-down style for a child. Is your 9 year old on the small side?

Sorry, I don’t know anything about the ole fishin’ hole.

[QUOTE=llama;1127281]Personally, I would bite the bullet and take the two rooms at the Pop - with three kids the two bathrooms come in very handy, and you have some room to spread out a bit. That being said, if you want to save the money and aren’t going to be in the room that much, I guess POR would be ok. All the POR rooms have now been renovated and the “fifth” bed is now a pull-down style for a child. Is your 9 year old on the small side?

Sorry, I don’t know anything about the ole fishin’ hole.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with Llama. It would all depend on the size of the child. Those rooms are tight with that many people. However, if you are only there every once in a while, it would be fine. We did it with four in one room and 3 in the next door room and ended up with the room doors open and the kids playing in the breezeway most of the time, so that helped.

Good luck! I would agree that Pop might be better and help you keep your sanity more.

Yup, much as I like POR, that’s just crazy all of you in one room

The key for us travelling with teens is that I wish I had given in to getting 2 rooms earlier than when I finallly bit the bullet. Ohhhhhh how peaceful it was going back and allowing the kids to escape. And llama hit the biggest advantage of all. The 2 baths are a gift from god in the am.

We always stay at Riverside. We love the resort and dont spend a lot of time in our room. We have a 17 girl, 13 boy and 11 girl. We arent fussy and had no problems. However the bed is a little short but we were fine.

I’ve only stayed in value or moderates for the most part and mostly with just two of us. Although POFQ is our resort of choice regardless of price, I can’t imagine having 4 people in those rooms… All of you who have four and five in the rooms are braver than I. I admire you.

Thank you all! My gut was telling me stick with the two rooms. You confirmed!!

You will not be sorry. We are staying in a studio at OKW for two nights and I am kicking myself for not getting a 1 bedroom like I did for the rest of the trip.

I’ve done my share of time in two bed rooms with 5 adults, and it was not fun. The only saving grace for us was that three of the five were the road crew who had to be up and on the road earlier than the musicians most days. That takes some strain off the one bathroom. On the other hand, in the late afternoon, between soundcheck and performance, we’d have all five in the room and all needing to use the bathroom and sink for various duties. The crew finally put our foot down and demanded our own room for just us three. And yes, I did sleep on the floor for well over a year, although I carried my own “bed”, a piece of foam 7 feet long, 3 feet wide, and 7 inches thick and the bedding for it.

Depending on how big or small your kids are, you might be able to deal with all 5 in one room. Or you might be dealing with multiple melt downs. I almost think it’s easier to have 5 adults than two parents and three children.

I’m speaking with very little experience about this but I recently did a pricing for something similar - and old key west came in with a very competitive price with more room for a larger family. I Priced AS, POR, OKW and I-drive.

Also on our last stay at POFQ I bumped into a chap that had a full (4) room and he told me that he always uses the shower room down at the pool when they are getting ready to go out.

[QUOTE=jimbo;1127413]
Also on our last stay at POFQ I bumped into a chap that had a full (4) room and he told me that he always uses the shower room down at the pool when they are getting ready to go out.[/QUOTE]

Ewwwwwwww:blow:

Here’s the deal. The trundle at Riverside is small. It just is small! If your smallest person doesn’t have a problem with that, then you will be fine.

A great suggestion was made to us many years ago, and we have follwed it ever since. We ship ourselves an Aerobed each and every trip! The shipping is about $11, and we send it to ourselves, to arrive a few days before we do, with the notation “Hold for guest arrival” on the bottom corner of the box. Bell services holds it just fine. On the last day of the trip, we take the package back to te front desk and ship it back to ourselves, which somehow always manages to cost only half as much. Go figure.

Your fifth person will be MUCH more comfortable on a single-sized Aerobed, and it can be stowed away easily each day.

(For us, the issue of five on one bathroom would be a bigger deal than the small rollout bed.)