Port Orleans

Help me decide! Which resort do you prefer Riverside or French Quarter?

I LOVE it! Sort n’ sweet :laugh:

I’m booking 13 rooms! Lots of people including 35 teenagers! Our conference is at Cornado but it is booked up so Port Orleans it is! I’m just not sure which one to book!

Well I am biased, having only ever stayed at POR out of the two resorts. But I love POR its quite a peaceful resort, within a beautiful setting with the lake etc and there is just generally a nice ambience about it.
French Quarter on the other hand is very pretty to look at, very French! and I am sure the rooms and grounds are just as nice.
I think whichever you choose you wont go far wrong.

For kids, I vote for POR. There is a very New Orleans french quarter, small street, quiet gardens sort of feel with the POFQ. However, with POR, there seems to be more room to roam… While both are connected by a walkway, I would suggest the POR. Can’t really go wrong with either one… Enjoy, and have fun!

There is something very special about those pathways through the bayou, Ol’ Man Island and the food court. It’s some kind of magic!

I’m totally hooked on POFQ. it’s very laid back and quiet. But, you have a lot of rooms to book. Alligator Bayou in POR has rooms that sleep 5, though I hear the trundle is kinda small.

BTW if you’re planning for June 9th-12th, I vote POR as I’ll be at POFQ :laugh::pirate:

We have stayed at both. We prefer POFQ because its quiet and smaller. It would workout for you eather way, but with your size party POR would give you more space to move about. POFQ might seem a little to close. That being said, both are beautiful resorts. I dont think you could go wrong with eather one.

I voted POFQ but I do agree that you can’t go wrong with either. I just personally like the small-ness of FQ!

Lisa

I’ve been to both and prefer POFQ.

French Quarter always wins with me. I like the smallness of the resort and am going on my third time staying there.

I didn’t think it would be split right down the middle with me breaking a 10-10 tie in favor of French Quarter.
I guest it will see saw back and forth.
Would be nice if they had a table service restaurant and not just a food court.

Edit: Oh, I see this is a follow on to your thread a few weeks back wondering if you should stay at the conference hotel.
Have you heard if there will be direct shuttles between either of the Port Orleans resorts and CSR?
With a group as large as yours, I would hope they could come to an accomodation, either Disney or the conference organizers.

French quarter for me not stayed at Riverside but on our visit across there decided it as to big.

Unless you’re needing the option of 5 per room, i’d put them in FQ. I think teens would identify more with the surroundings of the bright jesters, serpent pool, the closeness of the resort(to be watched better) and overall theme than the Antebellum Era.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1025713]I didn’t think it would be split right down the middle with me breaking a 10-10 tie in favor of French Quarter.
I guest it will see saw back and forth.
Would be nice if they had a table service restaurant and not just a food court.

Edit: Oh, I see this is a follow on to your thread a few weeks back wondering if you should stay at the conference hotel.
Have you heard if there will be direct shuttles between either of the Port Orleans resorts and CSR?
With a group as large as yours, I would hope they could come to an accomodation, either Disney or the conference organizers.[/QUOTE]

Well, Cornado was booked for the week of our conference when I called the other day which then sent us to Port Orleans. The resorts we had to chose from were Cornado and Port Orleans so I am assuming that they will have a shuttle between the two since the students will be involved in activities and competitions at Cornado. At least, I am hoping for a shuttle otherwise this will be one hectic week!:eek:

I might be taking another trip staying at a moderate sometime before August since I recieved a pin!!! :laugh:

Obviously ,I would choose POR,more room for kids to roam food court ,and even teens can have some fun late night in the bar area with piano bar entertainer ,also kids like to roam ,and the many pools at POR would be a plus,but like others ahve said either would be fine

i choose FQ… :ph34r:

RIVERSIDE!!! not only because i love that resort, the food is more ceneralized

I chose French Quarter, I prefer the vibe & decor there.

I chose Riverside. I do love them both but Riverside is where the majority of my WDW vacations in recent years have been spent. We bought DVC about 2 years ago and haven’t been back to POR since then since we’ve been staying on points, but there is something about that place that really has a piece of my heart.

Some of my favorite WDW memories are of my early morning walks at POR to get coffee in the Food Court. It was always so peaceful and lovely.

Good luck with your planning!