Port Orleans

So, do you choose Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter? Why?

POFQ…smaller resort…any room is not too far away from the food court and bus stop…fairly quiet…food court not overly crowded…

I’ve stayed at PORS a long time ago…and it felt like we walked forever to our room late at night…there’s nothing wrong with it at all…it’s just more spread out than we like…rooms are about the same size in both resorts…

We choose POFQ…every time now…love it…even if given a choice for a deluxe–we prefer POFQ…but RS would probably be our second choice…

POFQ! Small, quaint, first bus stop picked up and dropped off, no “groups” (cheer, football, Brazil tour groups, etc.)

POFQ is my first choice but is rarely available with a discount so we have chosen RS the last two trips and although it is a bigger resort we thought it was fantastic.

POFQ rarely has special discounts anymore because it is so well liked and popular…but…if you stay there regularly for each visit, like we do, you might just get on a computer list to get a Pin discount. We are going on a discount at POFQ this summer. RS is just as good though…just bigger… :slight_smile:

Oh, I love Riverside. I like the river, I like the relaxed feel, and I like grounds. I don’t mind long walks.

I liked FQ just fine, but I think I prefer POR.

(Finally, I can join a conversation about places I have actually stayed, not just places I think I’d like to stay! :laugh: )

We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside last Dec. It is a nice resort and very big. If you like long walks the far end rooms are fine. If you want something near the food court and store get a preferred room. We liked Riverside better then French Quarter just on the decor and theme.

I prefer French Quarter mostly because it has only one bus stop, frequently doesn’t share with Riverside, and “only” has 1000 rooms in 10 tightly clustered buildings.
It’s a shame they don’t have a sit down restaurant. Then again, Boatwright’s over at Riverside is only open for dinner, so either way, you’re usually dining at the food courts.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1141412]I prefer French Quarter mostly because it has only one bus stop, frequently doesn’t share with Riverside, and “only” has 1000 rooms in 10 tightly clustered buildings.
It’s a shame they don’t have a sit down restaurant. Then again, Boatwright’s over at Riverside is only open for dinner, so either way, you’re usually dining at the food courts.[/QUOTE]

I wish they still had a Sit Down restaurant too—Bonfamilles was pretty good…We never go to Boatwrights because we are never at the resort for dinner. I wish it was open for breakfast…if so,we would walk over to RS to eat there on occasion.

Either, because that means I am at Disney…

Seriously, FQ feels very cozy, and quiet. Riverside, feels the same, but it is more like you are in the remote bayou of Louisiana… everywhere you go. I love them both, but those long walks at night are rough-especially if you forget where your room is…

For me, getting lost on my way to someplace is also known as ‘an average day’, so that prospect doesn’t bother me at all! :laugh:

Double post! I WIN!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wait—was that not suppose to be funny?? :big grin:

The last time we stayed at RS was when DD was 5…too big to carry…but still got tired late at night…I just remember we were in Magnolia Bend…and there was no bus stop over there…so…we had to hoof it back and forth across that bridge…one night (it was just her and I) she was so tired after the fireworks and she kept telling me "I can’t walk another step Momma…I can’t do it…and I just kept egging her on…you can do it…come on…see here’s the bridge…you can do it…No I can’t I can’t I can’t walk another step…Miss Drama Queen…lol…but she made it…I so wanted a cart to come by though…I would have paid someone to take us the rest of the way…

They do have a bus stop on that side now though don’t they? I remember one time we got off at the bus stop back around the parking lot on the other side and tried walking that way but it wasn’t any closer…

Anyway…next time we stayed at FQ and there was no going back!!! lol RS is a beautiful resort though…

We have only stayed POR once and had a less than stellar stay but that was 10 years ago. So, I think it is time to give that one another try. We’ve stayed at POFQ 2x and loved it.

We have stayed at both POFQ and POR (AKA Dixies Landing). POFQ hands down! It is small and quaint. Easy access to bus transportation. Only one stop, and when it does share runs with POR it is generally the first on and first off. The food court is not that busy with a decent selection of menus. Parking is also easy if you have your own car at the resort.

POR for me,extra pools,great food court open late,4 bus stops…good entertainment in the lounge.little fishing spot…sadly we are now DVC so we spend our time AT SSR…we stayed at POR 14 straight years before …obviously we recommend POR

I always choose French Quarter - it’s my favorite mod due to it’s small size and location. I like that they are first on the bus and boat run when they share with Riverside.

We prefer fq but this time we are doing riverside due to a discount.both are beautiful.

once again I like the magnolia side the extra pools and the 4 bus stops .depending on what I am doing,while French quarter is nice it is to confining for me and you cannot beat the atmosphere of PO, but that is me