Portacribs - need advice from fellow germophobes!

Has anyone ever used the portacribs at the WDW Resorts? I am a total germophobe and while I don’t really want to drag along my pack 'n play when we take baby to WDW I’m not sure about using one at a resort either. Someone suggested bringing along my own sheet, but I still don’t know. Opinions?

Bring a can of Lysol and hose it down :blush:

We requested one when DS was 1 yr, but I don’t remember if we disinfected it. I think we only put him in it once to keep him off of the floor while we were organizing and preparing to go to the parks. I ended up having him sleep in the bed with me with pillows on the other side. :wub:

I was watching Shark Tank on ABC (don’t ask why, I was bored) and on that episode they had two women than invented these slip covers for portable cribs.

I don’t think I can post the website here because I do that and keep getting deleted but the company is called Coverplayard and they do have an official site. I think it might help you.

Good luck!

I don’t blame you, we brought out since we know where it’s been. The pack and play is small and light enough to carry around so we didn’t mind. Didn’t want to go through spraying theirs with lysol and having the room smell like that.

We used one last year with our almost one year old. We were at POFQ and the one we got was clean and fairly new looking. The sheet was clean and had little disney characters on it. We always travel with antibac wipes so I can wipe things down like the remote control, light switches…maybe you could use those to do some cleaning if you felt necessary.

We used one last year for our then 9 month DS and will be using one this trip for the now 20 month old. He got along fine with it and I had the Lysol with me, but never used it. I had bought a sheet and quilt type cover for my Pack and Play at Babies r us to use at home and brought those with me. The sheets and quilts are back by the Pack and Plays and are made by the same company that makes the Pack and Plays.

How old is your daughter? We are hopefully taking our daughter in Feb, and she’ll be 2 at the time, and we were planning on requesting bed rails for the regular bed.

EJ, just have your daughter lick the hand rails in the queues, crawl around on the ground, maybe even eat something that had fallen on the ground. She will then be inoculated against anything :laugh:

I’m a germophobe as well…one step from packing my own sheets and towels. I really have no answers for you…sorry.

[QUOTE=tigger;1088938]EJ, just have your daughter lick the hand rails in the queues, crawl around on the ground, maybe even eat something that had fallen on the ground. She will then be inoculated against anything :laugh:

I’m a germophobe as well…one step from packing my own sheets and towels. I really have no answers for you…sorry.[/QUOTE]

LOL! You’re right, she could survive anything, but my head would probably explode.

Cosmicwaves, she is 8 months old, so too small for the siderails still.

What I would do is give the mattress a good wipe-down with hot soapy water, give it a spray of Lysol and bring your own sheets; probably none of this is necessary, but it’ll make you feel better; then close your eyes when you see her sucking on a handrail the next day. Because she will…I promise you.:happy:

I am going with LLama EJ- just give the crib as good a wipe down as possible, take your own wipes or whatever you use- then use your own bedding etc. I do that anyway whatever resort we are in!( and my baby is 22!! lol)-I disinfect everything and I know that there’ll still be germs lurking somewhere, but it makes me feel a whole lot better.

We bring our own antibacterial wipes and give it a good wipe down. They’re usually not too bad looking.

We also bring our own fitted-sheet and don’t forget blankets, too. One year we weren’t given any blankets, and other years we’re only given one thin blanket. Sometimes the rooms can be cool with the A/C.

I too saw the covers on Shark Tank and I would have purchased one if they were around when I needed them! Hmmm…why didn’t I think of it?!:pinch: