Possible DVC Members!

We took a tour today in my local DVC store here on Long Island and we got an amazing guide! We are still looking into it and looking at our money options but honestly, I think it would be stupid if we didn’t take it.

DH and myself took the tour (for fun) at the Woodfield Mall, Illinois Doorway to Dreams. Ended up walking out as dvc members! Good luck in your decision. I haven’t stopped smiling yet!

Awesome! Enjoy!

Ahh!! I can see it now, me walking out watching the fireworks.

Good luck with your decision. It took us a long time to make the decision but once we finally bought in it was the best thing.

DVC is one of the best decisions my DH and I have ever made. We would never be able to afford to stay in deluxe accomodations everytime we go without it. Good luck with your decision.

Thanks everyone our home resort would be BLT (<3) which I love. We got to tour a model and OMG was it amazing. Did anyone know they are building a resort in Hawaii? :laugh:

After seeing all the trips you’ve taken in the past it seems like a “no brainer” to me. We love it!!

Have checked into being a DVC member about 3 yrs ago but never did anythink yet.

Was wondering what the maintanence (yearly) fees are now?

Previously I thought the yearly fee was high and that the overall savings wasn’t that great, maybe I just didn’t understand the whole deal properly.

Please help me make the right decision!!

[QUOTE=DonnyD;998501]Have checked into being a DVC member about 3 yrs ago but never did anythink yet.

Previously I thought the yearly fee was high and that the overall savings wasn’t that great, maybe I just didn’t understand the whole deal properly.

Please help me make the right decision!![/QUOTE]

The dues depend on the resort and the number of points you own. We own 200 points at Beach Club Villas and pay almost $1000 a year in dues. For that we can get two weeks in studio. We would pay way more than that if we booked the same or similar room through Disney.

[QUOTE=DonnyD;998501]Have checked into being a DVC member about 3 yrs ago but never did anythink yet.

Please help me make the right decision!![/QUOTE]

Considering annual fee alone, you can stay as low as 8 points a night for a studio…$31-42 per night. That’s half of the cost for a value, at nicer locations.

I figure that considering both the annual fee and purchase price it’s $6-8 per point.

Really depends on how often that you make Disney trips. It’s a good deal if you are making trips AND you can afford it.

I’m in the business and I’ll tell you that DVC is the ONLY timeshare I’d buy from a developer.

I don’t remember exactly the amount of everything in BLT (which is where we would buy). I’ll try and find it out for you.

Good luck with your decision!

We’re happy DVC members. It was one of the best things I did.

I can’t believe all the positive replies I received towards becoming a DVC member. I really want to do it! It is DH that has reservations.

Would you buy in with Disney directly or through the secondary market (re-sells)?

Any pros or cons??

DVC is the BEST!! W’eve done so many vacations using our points on and off property! Has anyone heard when we’ll see the Hawaiian Point Chart!!! We’re so anxious to see it!!!

Who did you meet with? I work there!!!

don’t do waht id didand wait 15 years …truly wasted money …the only good thing is my son will enjoy it for the next 45 years…he and his future family will always have a place to go on vacation

We did the tour at WDW in August and are considering purchasing in the next few years. It looked like there were a LOT of other vacation options other than WDW every year; I’m curious what other places people have been to. Did you enjoy the resort and how was the service? Also, we were thinking that 250 points is what we would need to be able to have 2 one week vacations every year; can anyone offer advice?

Buy what you can afford. You can always add more points if you need more and can afford it.

Solid advice. This is how we did ours. As the children grew and we need more room, we added on.