Possibly moving FARTHER from Disney - help!

Hello, friends, been awhile, and lots been going on. My family and I are looking at relocating to Erie, PA for a great job for me! yay! but it is farther away from Disney than we live now!!! We have always driven, but I believe Erie is just TOO FAR to drive. Can anyone in the Erie/Buffalo/Cleveland area tell me where they fly out to get to Orlando cheap? The Erie airport is tiny, but we will be close to Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh…I dont know where to start to find good flights or airlines. Any help is appreciated - we dont have a trip booked this year - YET!- but if I can land this super job, we may be able to pull our annual Sept. trip. (if FREE DINING appears in April, as usual)

Thanks!!

Go to Allegiant Air’s website and see where they fly out of close to you. There should be a airport close to Erie and they are always on the “cheap” side of fares.

OOH! Thank you, I never even heard of Allegiant Air. Looks like I can get flights for $120! Awesome!

erie is nice :slight_smile: i was born and raised in buffalo and would go there alot. the drive actually isn’t that bad. our first trip to disney was driving and we had a great time. i never fly with my little ones because it’s too much of a hassel and they handle the drive from jax to buffalo really well. but if driving stinks to bad for you, jet blue from buffalo to orlando is usually pretty reasonable.

It’s cold there!! But yay for the new job for you!!

Congratulations on the new job!

I know that lots of people from Toronto drive to Buffalo and get great flights from there.

I dont know if you use Magical Express but be sure that Allegiant goes to MCO if you are. I thought they only flew into Sanford though.

PS do you know how much SNOW they get in Erie?!?!?! :blink: It would have to be a reeeeaaallllyyyyy good job for me to have to go to Erie!!!:laugh:

[QUOTE=tinkfans;1024117]I dont know if you use Magical Express but be sure that Allegiant goes to MCO if you are. I thought they only flew into Sanford though.

PS do you know how much SNOW they get in Erie?!?!?! :blink: It would have to be a reeeeaaallllyyyyy good job for me to have to go to Erie!!!:laugh:[/QUOTE]

Allegiant at one time only flew into Sanford but in February when we flew we were told by a flight attendant that they were flying some routes into MCO and eventually all will fly into MCO and it should be listed on their site.

I am a Clevelander and we drive to Disney every trip!! It’s really not bad, about 16 hours. Akron-Canton airport is about 50 minutes south of Cleveland on I-77. It is a small airport but most people(that I know) choose to fly out of there instead of Cleveland-fabulous airport!! Good luck!!

We’re north of Erie, and while we’ve only flown with our children, as a child growing up myself, we did the drive many times. It’s long, but very drivable! Many from around here drive down to Florida every winter, probably a 20-22hour drive. So, Erie isn’t too far North!:happy: However, yes, lots of snow!:pinch:
Not sure of airports out of Erie, but there are many around that offer great selection and prices. So whether you opt to fly or drive, welcome to the North!
Congratulations on the job!

Check AirTrans website and see what their prices are. I know they fly out of some airports near Erie. They usually have great prices!

I have a friend who lives in Pittsburgh and has driven. He didn’t mind it at all.

[QUOTE=cowanfamily;1024080]Hello, friends, been awhile, and lots been going on. My family and I are looking at relocating to Erie, PA for a great job for me! yay! but it is farther away from Disney than we live now!!! We have always driven, but I believe Erie is just TOO FAR to drive. Can anyone in the Erie/Buffalo/Cleveland area tell me where they fly out to get to Orlando cheap? The Erie airport is tiny, but we will be close to Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh…I dont know where to start to find good flights or airlines. Any help is appreciated - we dont have a trip booked this year - YET!- but if I can land this super job, we may be able to pull our annual Sept. trip. (if FREE DINING appears in April, as usual)

Thanks!![/QUOTE]

I fly every year…it’s not hard to find great flights. It’ll take practice, but you will soon add this as part of your pre planning and come to expect it. you can still drive you know…it’s not that far. Great jobs pay for great trips.

We live 45 min. from Buffalo and use their airport, you will be 1 1/2 hours from Buffalo and about 2 from Pittsburgh and about the same distance to Cleveland. we usually fly air tran. I don’t believe that Alliegance flys out of Buffalo yet.