Posting my very 1st vent here

I hope I can post my vent in this subforum, if not feel free to move it to the right spot, thank you!!

I consider myself the Disney expert in my family and out of all my friends…

Ok I am no TA but I do do my HW and my passion is Disney so I am constantly on forums etc. so here is my vent:

So DH calls me this morning while he is in the car with his friend and says:
“how come we’re not staying at the Coronado Springs resort, they accommodate 6 people”. He proceeds to tell me this and that about the hotel, i also hear his friend trying to convince me.
my blood was boiling!!! now because I am home w/the 4 kids and trying to make beds so i don’t have all my paperwork in front of me to tell DH why we’re not staying at the Coronado.

So I tell DH I can’t talk about this now but why are you listening to him (his friend) then I tell him I have to go, and I hung up…

so now i start talking to myself and now i can’t wait for DH to come home so I can throw these points and reasons in his face.!!!

uh hello, yes they do accommodate 6 people but you need a suite, as you would in any hotel that has suites!!!

2nd off Disney will not give you any promo’s or discounts for people staying in SUITES in a moderate and up resorts…(deluxe resorts) i called Disney to ask and a CM told me this!

3rdly because a suite would cost me 4 grand and 2 rooms at that particular hotel with a promo would cost me 3500.

also this is the same guy that told DH 3 days ago that flights from South West are cheap…yeah buddy for you, you only have to pay for 3 i have to pay for 6 and for the 6 of us it was 3600!!!

i know where to book and have my reasons to book certain hotels, DH’s friend is trying to influence him into staying in a hotel that i don’t want to stay in!!! and not for nothing, a place we can’t afford.

PLEASE DON’T MESS WITH A WOMAN AND HER DISNEY PLANS!!!

wow, i kinda feel weird venting here!
but thank you for letting me

Your husband should know better. Do not question the expert. My husband has taken many years to learn this…

Don’t kill him when he gets home. Remind him who the expert is-not the friend…

[QUOTE=hanwill;1067512]Your husband should know better. Do not question the expert. My husband has taken many years to learn this…

Don’t kill him when he gets home. Remind him who the expert is-not the friend…[/QUOTE]

lol ok I won’t!!!
I just needed to let off some steam, its also very frustrating when you’re trying to talk over the phone with someone who doesn’t have all the facts and then rushes you off the phone when you try and explain yourself :blush:

Just because things are good for one group doesn’t necessarily mean it’s always good for others.
DSIL likes to go to WDW as often as she can. She always flys in. She also prefers Poly or GF Club lvl. Ok, that works for her because she’s only 1. We’re 5, so things aren’t the same for us.
Tell DH that yes, there are other options but those options may not be what’s best for YOUR group, or even one’s you’re interested in. I mean…it is YOUR families vacation after all.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1067518]Just because things are good for one group doesn’t necessarily mean it’s always good for others.
DSIL likes to go to WDW as often as she can. She always flys in. She also prefers Poly or GF Club lvl. Ok, that works for her because she’s only 1. We’re 5, so things aren’t the same for us.
Tell DH that yes, there are other options but those options may not be what’s best for YOUR group, or even one’s you’re interested in. I mean…it is YOUR families vacation after all.[/QUOTE]

exactly!! :happy: Thank you Cyndi!

I agree… I just think that your husband forgot who the boss was-just for a second. I am sure he will come to his senses before he gets home…

Every trip is different, because different people are involved… I would not choose some hotels that others rave about. That does not mean I am doing something wrong. Enjoy your vacation the way you want to… don’t worry about the coworker. It will come back that you are right…

Vent away Disney~Sister! :slight_smile: Listen, I HATE when people act like they know something about Disney…ugh! I kinda quiz 'em to see just how much they know…is that bad? :pirate::biggrin:

My husband knows DONT MESS with me n the Dis plans…actually my WHOLE family knows…but sometimes they do come to me with some crazy:eek: story from “someone they know”!

Plan it your way…and have fun…that is ALL that counts!:mickey:

Thank you everyone!!!

Wow this is a crazy forum. I’m not saying that he is right but if he did not ask the question then you would not have known the new information that you know know

My DW split the planning. I take care of the money planning and booking things like flights, tickets, etc. She takes care of the DVR’s and planning out where we will be on what day. We both like to consider ourselves experts, and do argue about that on times. In the end we have a great trip.

Also Southwest can be cheaper but I depends on the day that you book the flight. Since I will be booking our flight very soon. I go on the airlines websites everyday to see when the cheapest rates are for the past 2 weeks. I have noticed that if you book on Tues, Wed, or Thur it is when the airlines always lower their rates. So check on these days on any airline and you should get lucky

Vent away Danielle! I too have come up against the ‘friend’ types who want to scupper your plans and know what’s apparently better or best for your family.
I also meet those going for the first time who think they know absolutely everything and wont hear any advice or tips- just turn a blind eye (or ear) and keep on doing what you know you do best!

[QUOTE=CDavis9088;1067531]Wow this is a crazy forum. I’m not saying that he is right but if he did not ask the question then you would not have known the new information that you know know

My DW split the planning. I take care of the money planning and booking things like flights, tickets, etc. She takes care of the DVR’s and planning out where we will be on what day. We both like to consider ourselves experts, and do argue about that on times. In the end we have a great trip.

Also Southwest can be cheaper but I depends on the day that you book the flight. Since I will be booking our flight very soon. I go on the airlines websites everyday to see when the cheapest rates are for the past 2 weeks. I have noticed that if you book on Tues, Wed, or Thur it is when the airlines always lower their rates. So check on these days on any airline and you should get lucky[/QUOTE]

oh CDavis I knew all the info :mickey:, i just didn’t have it handy when he called me and caught me off guard.
He just is tired of staying in value’s, but what he doesn’t realize is sometimes we can not afford moderates or deluxe’s all the time esp. with a family of six, and honestly this is the last year our oldest DD will be able to eat as a kid so I have to consider that for next years trip as well… his friend is a family of 4 and they are still lucky enough to still not have to pay for 1 child because of his age…so that’s why they have the luxury of staying in more expensive hotels, and now I found out his wife got a TEACHER’S discount…this is news to me, I didn’t even know they have discounts for teachers

[QUOTE=dixie;1067533]Vent away Danielle! I too have come up against the ‘friend’ types who want to scupper your plans and know what’s apparently better or best for your family.
I also meet those going for the first time who think they know absolutely everything and wont hear any advice or tips- just turn a blind eye (or ear) and keep on doing what you know you do best![/QUOTE]

:mickey::mickey:
thank you very much Dixie!

Just tell him that if he wants a moderate resort then he is going to have to make more money. LOL

I know I’m another husband posting on here but I’m saying I understand how he feels, but if you want the bigger resort then you have to save more that is the way that I have always felt. However, everyone’s situation is a little different.

[QUOTE=CDavis9088;1067544]Just tell him that if he wants a moderate resort then he is going to have to make more money. LOL

I know I’m another husband posting on here but I’m saying I understand how he feels, but if you want the bigger resort then you have to save more that is the way that I have always felt. However, everyone’s situation is a little different.[/QUOTE]

:slight_smile: totally agree with you.
we stayed in the contemp. 1 year but we only had 3 kids at the time and 1 of them we didn’t have to pay for…so he got a taste of that and he always wanted to do it again.
I am the one that rather stay some where less expensive so we can use the money in other places.
thanks for your input :mickey:

Pixeemom, I hear you! I just need to follow your example next time and vent here right away, because that way I am calm by the time I approach the offender:laugh::laugh:

I guess I figure that the people who know me well should know that I look at these trips from every angle so - don’t mess with me. :dry:

[QUOTE=jen9804;1067546]Pixeemom, I hear you! I just need to follow your example next time and vent here right away, because that way I am calm by the time I approach the offender:laugh::laugh:

I guess I figure that the people who know me well should know that I look at these trips from every angle so - don’t mess with me. :dry:[/QUOTE]

lol yes Jen!!! totally!!!
:flowers:

There is a teacher discount? That is news to me!
I would also have been annoyed…if one hasn’t done all the research then they shouldn’t just call blindly and make it sound like you were clueless…your vent was very similar to ones I have had on a variety of topics!

[QUOTE=dancing4disney;1067551]There is a teacher discount? That is news to me!
I would also have been annoyed…if one hasn’t done all the research then they shouldn’t just call blindly and make it sound like you were clueless…your vent was very similar to ones I have had on a variety of topics![/QUOTE]

DH told me that his friends wife got a teachers discount, when I asked DH how they found out about it he just said, well she is a teacher.
so now i am on the hunt to find out if this is true or not, i don’t see what they would gain from making this up, but still curious, ya know.

[QUOTE=dancing4disney;1067551]There is a teacher discount? That is news to me!
I would also have been annoyed…if one hasn’t done all the research then they shouldn’t just call blindly and make it sound like you were clueless…your vent was very similar to ones I have had on a variety of topics![/QUOTE]

now i am super curious, i just made another post, hopefully someone can enlighten me, :mellow:

Have been in this ‘friend says this and that and the other’ position many a time and I know how annoying it can be! The best way to deal with it is let it go over your head, stay calm, almost too calm and just explain to your OH the reasons why the trip is the way it is. Everyone likes to give a little outside input into other peoples plans and it’s not always the most helpful. Just smile and say, ‘I know that but…’ and fill him in on the reasons! Alot of people don’t understand how much planning and reseach goes into these trips, especially if your travelling with a large party and on a budget to make the magic happen.