Pre-trip reports?

I saw that cwgirlattitude just posted the details of her upcoming trip in Oct and I love this idea—where should PRE-trips be posted and how far in advance should trip details be posted?

Most people post details about their trips either in the Trip Report section or in the Mousetrap or WDW Resorts. It depends really on the poster. :laugh:

I usually post my trip plans in the mouse trap for a lack of a better place. A lot us us post our plans at the time we book our ADRs but you can post your plans any time.

so I guess w/o ADRs it would be kinda generic…

not necessarily!

it gives you a place to gush about how excited you are and to tell us all about any little new bits of planning strategy you come up with.

i say if you want to start your pre-trip report go ahead and do it! :laugh:

I’d like to read it too. Would :heart:to know what your plans are. At least I know where you’re staying.:cool:

I love hearing about people’s plans and usually post mine. They should be posted in the Mousetrap in my opinion.

I’m going back in September with my
Mom for 11 whole days! I can’t wait. I need to have some fun:)

Okay, we are leaving on 8/14 and staying for 7 days. 6 day PH w/ waterpark, etc.

Our first day, we are checking in at ASMovie Resort and then heading to Mouse Memories in Kissimmee (DW and DD are avid scrapbookers, it took DW 2 years to complete her scrapbook…)

and then to DtD to do the bulk of our shopping, including picking up lanyards for the start of my DD & my pin collection.

Day2 - Magic Kingdom, to do BBB for my DD (the whole package, but she is not sure if she wants to do Tink, Pocahontas, or Jasmine… since it’s going to be hot out) before the park opens and then it’s off to Cinderella’s Castle for breakfast with the Princesses. This is our first time doing the dining package believe it or not, :blush: and then we are going to the GF (GF Cafe) for dinner (love that the monorail stops there).

Day 3 - EMH (late) @ Typhoon Lagoon (never been there, but did BB twice!). I am really curious to see how the water park is at night. - Not sure which park we’ll hit during the day.

Day 4 - EMH (late) @ MK again, so we’ll see where this day takes us. Dinner Reservations @ Chef Mickey’s*

Day 5 - EMH (early) @ AK - can’t wait to go on Mount Everest again and EMH (late) @ Hollywood to see Fantasmic (never saw it :eek: , but I can’t wait!)

Day 6 - EMH (early) @ Epcot (my favorite park, but my DD’s worst favorite) so off to Soarin and TestTrack early (maybe even twice!) and lunch reservations at Teppan Edo (one of my favorites). Couldn’t believe Le Cellier (sp?) was booked 6 months ago :mad: , but maybe we’ll get lucky for dinner.

Day 7 - our flight doesn’t leave until 9:30pm, so maybe we’ll go nuts and hit all four parks in 1 day.

• I miss the Old Chef Mickey’s in DtD (where Rainforest is currently) = best prime rib I’ve ever had (on our honeymoon no less).

For being off-site so often, we discovered the benefits of EMHs! Now we are trying the Dining Plan (still have 1 table service left = maybe Big River Grille & Brewery, since they don’t take reservations).

Comments welcome!

We might be at TL for EMH on the 16th too! My DH and 15yoDS fly home that night, so I am putting 4yoDS in the Neverland club and hope to go to TL with my 12yoDS that night! Can’t wait to ride CrushnGusher!! We went to both waterparks last time and like TL the best.

[QUOTE=RobinHood;858553]Okay, we are leaving on 8/14 and staying for 7 days. 6 day PH w/ waterpark, etc.

Our first day, we are checking in at ASMovie Resort and then heading to Mouse Memories in Kissimmee (DW and DD are avid scrapbookers, it took DW 2 years to complete her scrapbook…)

and then to DtD to do the bulk of our shopping, including picking up lanyards for the start of my DD & my pin collection.

Day2 - Magic Kingdom, to do BBB for my DD (the whole package, but she is not sure if she wants to do Tink, Pocahontas, or Jasmine… since it’s going to be hot out) before the park opens and then it’s off to Cinderella’s Castle for breakfast with the Princesses. This is our first time doing the dining package believe it or not, :blush: and then we are going to the GF (GF Cafe) for dinner (love that the monorail stops there).

Day 3 - EMH (late) @ Typhoon Lagoon (never been there, but did BB twice!). I am really curious to see how the water park is at night. - Not sure which park we’ll hit during the day.

Day 4 - EMH (late) @ MK again, so we’ll see where this day takes us. Dinner Reservations @ Chef Mickey’s*

Day 5 - EMH (early) @ AK - can’t wait to go on Mount Everest again and EMH (late) @ Hollywood to see Fantasmic (never saw it :eek: , but I can’t wait!)

Day 6 - EMH (early) @ Epcot (my favorite park, but my DD’s worst favorite) so off to Soarin and TestTrack early (maybe even twice!) and lunch reservations at Teppan Edo (one of my favorites). Couldn’t believe Le Cellier (sp?) was booked 6 months ago :mad: , but maybe we’ll get lucky for dinner.

Day 7 - our flight doesn’t leave until 9:30pm, so maybe we’ll go nuts and hit all four parks in 1 day.

• I miss the Old Chef Mickey’s in DtD (where Rainforest is currently) = best prime rib I’ve ever had (on our honeymoon no less).

For being off-site so often, we discovered the benefits of EMHs! Now we are trying the Dining Plan (still have 1 table service left = maybe Big River Grille & Brewery, since they don’t take reservations).

Comments welcome![/QUOTE]

How old is your DD? Since you haven’t been since 06, Epcot has changed! They now have characters at all the countries, so the kids can relate. Like Mulan in China, Belle in France, etc. Epcot has become my DD8s FAVORITE park! :heart:

My DD is 8. I also have a DS, but he’s 11 months (DGP - Grandparents :wink: are watching him this trip). Yeah, actually in '06 we met Mulan in China (along with Mushu), Gepeto and company in Italy, and we had Easter dinner @ the Norway character dinner (can’t recall the name of the place, but the meat-pie was surprisingly tasty).

As far as the waterparks, we love BB, so that is why we are trying TL this time around. Neverland club?

[QUOTE=RobinHood;858669]My DD is 8. I also have a DS, but he’s 11 months (DGP - Grandparents :wink: are watching him this trip). Yeah, actually in '06 we met Mulan in China (along with Mushu), Gepeto and company in Italy, and we had Easter dinner @ the Norway character dinner (can’t recall the name of the place, but the meat-pie was surprisingly tasty).

As far as the waterparks, we love BB, so that is why we are trying TL this time around. Neverland club?[/QUOTE]

Are you asking what the neverland club is?

It’s basically a babysitting service, but they treat it like a cool club where Kids can only hang out . . . so kids :heart: to go! I know there is one at the POLY! I found a link and there a few!

Walt Disney World - Disney World Vacation Information Guide - INTERCOT - Walt Disney World Inside & Out - Info Central

Thanks for the Neverland Club info. He’s not quite old enough for next year (we are planning on going back on the 4th of July with the DGPs in '09.

I LOVE Pre Trip Reports! I am a Mod on another board and EVERYONE posts their Pre Trip Reports over there! :happy: