Preferred rooms at POP?

A few hours ago I couldn’t get on Mousebuzz, so I strayed and was looking at disboards. There someone was saying the now parts of the 70’s and the 50’s buildings are now considered preferred. I know last time we were there the room in the 60’s building (preferred) was a tad further than the previous trip with a room in the 70’s. Any body know anything a change?

I don’t think the preferred rooms at Pop are worth the extra price,because all the buildings are closer than the All-Stars are to their main building.

Is it because of the suites???

I don’t know. Maybe just trying to make a few more dollars on disneys’ part.

I just can’t imagine what in the 70’s would be preferred???

Actually, on our May trip we had a room in the 60’s by the lake (surprise upgrade), on our Dec. trip we had one in the 70’s. The 70’s room was closer by a bit. If we had paid extra for the preferred room, I would have been upset knowing there were non-preferred rooms that were closer. I’m guessing that Disney is taking the just the closest rooms in the 70’s and 50’s for preferred. But are going to end up with something like room 1234 is perferred and room 1235 is not? Walk another 10 ft and save 12 bucks a night? I’d be interested how the rooms are sorted out.

I don’t know…partying with Liza, Tru and Andy at Studio 54 about 1975 was kinda cool.

All kidding aside, I still haven’t figured out how they determine which are the preferred rooms at any of the Value Resorts. For example, at ASMo, Fantasia is the preferred building(s), but Toy Story actually looks like it’s much closer to Cinema Hall.

We are taking our chances next week and not doing preferred. I’d rather walk longer than have a really loud room by the splash fountains like last time.

[QUOTE=jk8]We are taking our chances next week and not doing preferred. I’d rather walk longer than have a really loud room by the splash fountains like last time.[/QUOTE

The only reason I have preferred is that all they had with the AP discount. I have to stay at POP cause that where my DD, DSIL, and DGD will be. I’d be happy to have a standard room and save 12 bucks a night. I plan to call back a few times just in case someone cancels a standard room.