Premium AP announcement I got in the mail today

Well, it’s official. All of the Pleasure Island clubs will be closing at the end of September.
Premium AP holders used to enjoy unlimited admission to the clubs of PI and will right up to the end.
After they close, premium AP holders by way of compensation for lost benefits will now get free golf!
That’s right, free golf, not mini golf. OK, you’re still not going to golf Eagle Pines or Osprey Ridge for free, but premium AP holders now get to golf the Oak Trail 9 hole course as part of their AP entitlements.
Tee times are required and of course, subject to availability.

If you have questions, call 407-827-2281.

I don’t see that as a compensation unless you are a golfer. Unlimited access to night clubs and fun hardly compares to playing a round in my opinion. Golf lovers who had the PAP will be thrilled I’m sure. I don’t, so it really doesn’t matter to me…just an opinion.

To borrow a phrase from Fox News: “We report, you decide”.

Me, I’ve only done the PI clubs once and felt they were nothing special for me. And I had such high expectations for the comedy club too.
But we all know I’m entertainment spoiled, so this should come as no surprise.
It would be nice to get discounted admission to concerts at HoB though.

I just bought my APs a few days ago…Yay!!! Even though they have not been activated as of yet, would we still be included in this option?:huh:

Are they Premium Annual Passes? Those are the ones that included the clubs.

My question is, can we rent clubs?? If so, what’s the cost? DH & I are not golfers but the kids like to play and wouldn’t mind renting clubs if they were available. It’d be fun to follow them around the golf course too!

I agree GOLF ain’t my thing! I’m was going to upgrade too this year . . . what else does it offer?

PAP’s give you access to the Water parks and Disney Quest.

I just called Disney Golf to get the scoop. This info reflects the PAP changes that go into effect end of Septemberish.
With a PAP Club rentals are $15.98 per person, push/pull carts are $6.39. Jr clubs are free (for kids under 17). Complimentary shuttle to/from your resort to the golf course. Can schedule TeeTimes 90 days out.
I think we’re going to try it out during our Christmas trip before our PAP’s expire. For that price, why not?!?!?!

Hmmmm . . . do you think this would entice DH to purchase PAPs for us? I doubt it, but I’m going to tell him about it anyway.:laugh:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;852387]To borrow a phrase from Fox News: “We report, you decide”.

Me, I’ve only done the PI clubs once and felt they were nothing special for me. And I had such high expectations for the comedy club too.
But we all know I’m entertainment spoiled, so this should come as no surprise.
It would be nice to get discounted admission to concerts at HoB though.[/QUOTE]
To be honest, PI isn’t for me either, but I just don’t see the two things are being comparable perks.

The reason I have a PAP is for the water parks and Disney Quest. PI never entered into my thoughts. It’s especially nice having access to DQ when we’re in DTD and also nice on rainy days. Also, it’s nice having the waterparks as a no extra cost option to hop in and out of.
(Does this make sense to you?:blink: )

Yes, we were disappointed in that substitution as well. :frowning: A dining discount, or even (let’s say) a gift certificate good for a meal at a Disney restaurant or for merchandise, might have been better. Heck, I’m more interested in Disney’s mini golf than regular golf.

Ugh…still sad about this decision.

Thanks for the info!

OOOh, I like that idea! Like maybe 1/2 price or free Dinner Show tickets to places like Hoop-dee-doo. Or maybe our appetizers back with the DDP!:laugh:

Awesome idea! Especially if they raise the DDP price for next year! :laugh:

I heard they were also giving this option to those who have the Water Park Fun and More option on their tickets.

Considering I don’t think they are entitled to replace the PI benefit with anything… golf is a nice option. There are a lot of golfers out there.