Preparing

This is just so new to me and I am so unsure but this is what I know so far.

Here is what I do know:

We booked the cruise March 9th - 13th
We are pulling into the Residence Inn, Cape Canaveral March 8th and using their parking for an extra $40 as opposed to terminal parking for $75

Stuff to do:

Reserve CHef Mickey’s for Saturday March 8 for 8am
choose port excursion in Nassau
see if we can swing 3 days in the world post cruise…
pay for it all

Sound great.have fun

That last line was the only one I did not like…

But the rest sounds amazing!

That sounds like an awesome trip you have planned.

If closed-in spaces freak you out - stay away from the Straw Market in Nassau…and that’s all I can suggest.

Skip the straw market and the sunshine glass bottom boat.

I’m doing Atlantis end of Sept. A LOT of people really don’t do much in nassau but hang out on the ship which is pretty empty then. Bet you can get a in port spa package deal.

OK - today I got our entering Disney Mode Breakfast Reservation at Chef Mickeys at 8:10am for that Saturday. After we eat, we might hit DDT for a while and then drive to Cape Canaveral and possibly go to NASA or just lounge at the beach…

In Nassau I think we are opting out of any shopping, that would most likely be hard for 2 boys under 12. I think we are going to try and do a dolphin encounter…not sure which one yet though.

I have hit the half way mark in paying, and have saved like half of our Christmas $$$ already. I usually use my Christmas Bonus to pay half of Spring Break Trip and do all the Christmas shopping for kids. Trying to get cruise paid and Christmas $$$ saved before Bonus…so I can use Bonus to spend the last 4 days of my vacation at WDW after the cruise. If we can swing it, this will be the “reveal” part of the trip for the kids. They will assume we are headed home after cruise.

I hope all this pans out:confused:

[QUOTE=dadofthree;1137699]OK - today I got our entering Disney Mode Breakfast Reservation at Chef Mickeys at 8:10am for that Saturday. After we eat, we might hit DDT for a while and then drive to Cape Canaveral and possibly go to NASA or just lounge at the beach…

In Nassau I think we are opting out of any shopping, that would most likely be hard for 2 boys under 12. I think we are going to try and do a dolphin encounter…not sure which one yet though.

I have hit the half way mark in paying, and have saved like half of our Christmas $$$ already. I usually use my Christmas Bonus to pay half of Spring Break Trip and do all the Christmas shopping for kids. Trying to get cruise paid and Christmas $$$ saved before Bonus…so I can use Bonus to spend the last 4 days of my vacation at WDW after the cruise. If we can swing it, this will be the “reveal” part of the trip for the kids. They will assume we are headed home after cruise.

I hope all this pans out:confused:[/QUOTE]

I am sure your plans will all work out well…:happy:

I have started going ahead and making Dining Reservations as if we were going to WDW after cruise…

Thursday - Port Arrival…leave ship, get vehicle, head to WDW, check in hotel and get keys or whatever we are using at that time and then…lunch at Mama Melrose and Supper at Teppan Edo. I’ll figure the rest later.

Port Excursions still the part of this process I just cant figure - will it be too cold in early March for beach and water activity…most 1st timers hit the ports while most people who have done this before would rather stay aboard. Just clueless on this.

We’ve stayed at the Residence Inn at Port Canaveral before, and it’s great!

I have found that WE LOVE Residence Inn because it comfortable sleeps my 5. Pretty much only hotel we stay at when on the road.

It sounds really great, I hope you guys will have some fun there, because the days you choose for going there is really great.

…I haven’t stayed at that particular one, but I love the RI that we have stayed in elsewhere…good size rooms…and usually a good continental breakfast—with eggs! :slight_smile: