President Eg Grier Resigned

Disneyland Resort President Ed Grier has resigned as the president of the resort, Stating “growth in his personal life and family has made it time to move on”. This is no sad news to Cast Members considering Ed Grier was never around or heard of in the parks by both Guests or Cast Members, only showing up for a mandatory press event, wont be missed…especially considering he was never around to be missed. He is the 4th president to have resigned after just a 3 year term period.

I will give him credit however that he had seemed to help keep things running positively and smoothly at the resort, keeping it clean and fresh, approving budgets to keep things new and prestine (unlike some of the past DLR presidents yack Paul Pressler/Cynthia Harris cough who would not even approve a simple budget to have a building re-painted), so I suppose I can say he did a good job, or so it seemed in the time he was there, but unfortunately I cant say he will be missed, considering as I said before…he was never around to be missed.

[QUOTE=anaheimboy;997135]
I will give him credit however that he had seemed to help keep things running positively and smoothly at the resort, keeping it clean and fresh, approving budgets to keep things new and prestine (unlike some of the past DLR presidents yack Paul Pressler/Cynthia Harris cough who would not even approve a simple budget to have a building re-painted), so I suppose I can say he did a good job, or so it seemed in the time he was there, but unfortunately I cant say he will be missed, considering as I said before…he was never around to be missed.[/QUOTE]

You will discover in life that sometimes the best leaders are the ones who don’t restrict or micromanage.

Sad that no one has heard of him, but he seems to have managed the parks much better than the two before him. :pirate:

I will agree that the parks seem to have been cared for better as of late. I’d love to see someone in that position that would think…‘How would Walt feel about the condition of his park(s)’ I’ve seen things that would make his head spin!!!:glare:

Too too true, and conditions for the cast members backstage would just send Walt himself up the wall cough In-Between/Cast Cafe cough

I wonder if this will change upcoming projects, such as the Laugh Floor scheduled to come in 2011? I hope so, like mentioned in a previous post, keep things within Walt’s perspective. Thanks for the update Tim.

Projects like the Laugh Floor changing wont really have anything to do with the president of the resort changing, the projects and new attractions and such come out of TDA and Imagineering, so the heads of those departments deal with those kind of things, and once the project has been given the green light, its pretty much set in stone…BUT, like all things, with Disney, anything is subject to change without notice.

Well said. I’ve noticed several areas at WDW (the dirty pond by Imagination in Epcot for example) that I thought “Walt would never have let this get in this poor condition”.

Unfortunately there are many many areas at WDW Walt himself would have never let happen.

Is the In-Between still up and running? I thought they were gonna close it…

As far as I know the In-Between is still running, its one of the Main Cast Member Cafeterias/centers