Price Increases 12/1

If you have been thinking about doing an add on or making the jump into DVC membership, NOW would be the time to call your guide.

Prices will be going up at all resorts, with Bay Lake jumping to $130!

[I]Get a referral from a current DVC member! Prospective owners may still receive a gift card for completing a sales presentation via telephone, and possibly other incentive pricing may be offered during the phone tour. Email me for referral or any other DVC member here. [/I]

Here are the current prices and incentives for new members and add ons:

New Member Purchase

Animal Kingdom Villas **
$120 price ($108 w/$12 promotional discount) 100 points
$120 price ($108 w/$12 promotional discount) 160-249 points
$120 price ($102 w/$18 promotional discount) 250+

Aulani (Hawaii)
$114 price ($102 w/$12 promotional discount) 160-249 points
$114 price ($96 w/$18 promotional discount) 250+

Bay Lake Tower
$120 price ($102 w/$18 promotional discount) 250+ points

Beach Club Villas
$115 price; 160-point minimum purchase

BoardWalk Villas
$115 price; 160-point minimum purchase

Hilton Head Island
$80 price; 160-point minimum purchase

Old Key West **
$101 price; 160-point minimum purchase

Saratoga Springs**
$120 price ($108 w/$12 promotional discount) 100 points
$120 price ($102 w/$18 promotional discount) 250+ points

Vero Beach
$80 price; 160-point minimum purchase

Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel*
$120 price; 160-point minimum purchase

Villas at Wilderness Lodge
$102 price; 160-point minimum purchase

=========================
Current Member Add-On Purchase

Animal Kingdom Villas **
$120 per point 25-99 points
$120 price less $12 discount; 100-249 points
$120 price less $18 discount; 250+ points

Aulani (Hawaii)
$114 price; 25-99 points
$114 price less $12 discount; 100-249 points
$114 price less $18 discount; 250+

Bay Lake Tower
$120 price 25-99 points

Beach Club Villas
$115 price; 25-point minimum purchase

BoardWalk Villas
$115 price; 25-point minimum purchase

Hilton Head Island
$80 price; 25-point minimum purchase

Old Key West **
$101 price; 25-point minimum purchase

Saratoga Springs
$120 price; 25-99 point purchase

Vero Beach
$80 price; 25-point minimum purchase

Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel *
$120 price; 25-point minimum purchase

Villas at Wilderness Lodge
$102 price; 25-point minimum purchase

• Unknown incentives - official sold out announced 10/10
    ** Possible Incentives

Crazy! That is too much

This is crazy. We bought only two years ago at VGC for $90/point with some great incentives. It is now $120/point. That is over a 15% yearly increase in one of the worst economy in a long time.

I had no idea that you could still buy points at some of these places. Good to know, and thanks for the heads up!

I’m learning a lot today. :slight_smile:

I am so glad I bought back when I did! I got a great deal, considering they keep raising the price on points.

Which is why I can’t afford to buy in, and probably never will.:crying:

[QUOTE=Goodegirl2007;1057140]I had no idea that you could still buy points at some of these places. Good to know, and thanks for the heads up!

I’m learning a lot today. :)[/QUOTE]

I know one of Disney’s subsidiaries is currently trying to buy back at auction each month all of the DVC deeds that are coming up for the foreclosure auction here in Beaufort County, SC. Hilton Head is located one island me. Anywhere from 2-8 deeds have been going to auction for delinquent payments each month. I am sure it is happening with the FL and CA DVC’s also. If something is not going to get paid, it’s the main home before the vacation property.

This might be one way some formerly closed out locations might be available now. Just my thoughts.

I believe that DVD/DVC is gearing up for the changes that are rumored to begin in January 2011 related to buying resales. Prices through other resale companies are traditionally much lower than purchasing DVC directly through Disney. So, DVC will be (possibly) putting restrictions and financial requirements on members who don’t purchase directly through them. In other words, DVC is trying to get more members to purchase directly through DVC.

The price incraese to me makes no sense…my sources say that business is soft,and they are getting properties back,so this dec 1 st thing flies in the face of everything…they must have a reason…I guess…that being said some rumors about use of the remaining land in WDW seem strange,and I for one hope they remain just that RUMORS

Price increases mean more room to discount and still net the same.

Been very active rumor thread on Mouseowners on restricting membership useage on resales. Including restrictions on ability to trade into RCI, DCL, etc. Makes no sense because you can buy other timeshares for pennies on the dollar in some cases and trade into DVC but buying resale into DVC at premium you’d be treated lower than pond scum? Members would be storming castle with pitch forks :fork_off: and Jim Lewis would be run out of town.

Richard I have been keeping up with the thread on MO and at this time it is rumor and I hope it stays that way being a resale owner. At this point what they are charging for points to buy direct I don’t see us adding on anytime soon if at all

This takes my dreams of buying DVC next year and just flushes it down the drains. We were leaning toward resale market anyway but if there will be restrictions it isn’t worth it. I’ll stick with renting points from DVC owners if this all turns out to be true.

I think the rumors were a trial balloon. I think creating a 3rd class of owners (DVD direct owners, RCI traders, DVC resale owners) would REALLY create bad blood.

They do have the ability to make changes, but my guess is that they will continue to try different things to make purchasing direct more attractive. Large incentives have in the past cut the gap between direct and resale substancially when you consider the higher closing cost especially on small contracts.

DVC has a large part in the control of resale prices with first right of refusal. My guess is that because they have taken back so many contracts with the economy their inventory is flooded, and they have been allowing many more low end resales to go through.

If they want to do something, they can encourage direct and larger ownership with additional perks - maybe magic fast pass cards, valet parking or whatever.
Can you imagine the nightmare for MS trying to keep track of direct and resale owners?