Price Increases?

Did the Crystal Palace increase their Buffet for dinner to $59.99
We always do the dining plan but I happen to see this on the Disney
Dining Website. $$$ were listed.

Just looked on Allears and there is no mention of this Has anyone else noticed this while booking reservations??

That can’t possibly be right, can it? Crazy! :wacko:

That has to be an error! If the price has increased that much I would change the reservation and head to Cali Grill!

WOW! If that is true, I know where I won’t be eating dinner. Even with TIW discount, it’s still too much.

AllEars still shows: COST: $43.66/Adults, $21.29 Children ages 3-9 includes tax NOT gratuity

That’s still a lot, but beter than 59.99 - YIKES!

It’s not worth $43.99 IMHO.

Wow. I’d have to agree with you. Yikes!

I doubt that any buffet could command $60 per adult for dinner.
Then again, $44 is awfully pricey as well!
Is that the regular price or is that the “seasonal” price?
If it’s regular, seasonal would bump it to $48.
For that kind of money, you CAN have dinner at Flying Fish or Cali Grill!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1092179]I doubt that any buffet could command $60 per adult for dinner.
Then again, $44 is awfully pricey as well!
Is that the regular price or is that the “seasonal” price?
If it’s regular, seasonal would bump it to $48.
For that kind of money, you CAN have dinner at Flying Fish or Cali Grill![/QUOTE]

At that price I can justify a quick run to McDonalds by the AS resorts.

At that price I can justify going out to the TTC lot and grabbing some sandwiches and drinks from the cooler in the trunk.

I’ll tell you, it’s almost enough to book a free dining package with the tickets instead of going Florida rate for the room and Florida resident tickets combined with my TIW discount.
For two people, it’s really close.

Looking at Jenn’s original post, I see the confusion is caused solely by the three dollar sign price rating. I don’t know how much I’d even worry about that when you’ve got All Ears. When I’m booking, the last thing I look at is the price rating as I’ve already gone over the menu with a fine tooth comb.

Or bring a soft side coller with sandwiches and put it in a locker. We’ve never done this, but it might be getting close if prices keep going wacko.

The prices for dining are really getting out of control. I was comparing the 2012 Counter Service Plan @ $35 per adult and I just can’t see the value. Average CS meal and a drink is about $12 and $3.50 for a dessert. They give you only 1 snack next year so that is $4 max, That is $35 out of pocket either way. I know they give you a refillable mug but I don’t see the value in the plan when I really would not order dessert with every meal. I have enjoyed the convenience of the DDP but the value is just not there anymore for my family. I guess someone has to pay for the “free” dining!

I think the biggest draw of the dining plan is the “I don’t have to think of prices” effect.

I know if my kids wanted an 8 dollar dessert (ts prices) and I know they would only eat 1/2, I’d say forget it. But if it was already paid for, let them eat cake!!

For my DH and I, at CS we often share a meal. But even if we get our own entree, we always share a soda and rarely get a dessert. We are more likely to get a snack later, than to eat a dessert right away. This upcoming trip, we have about $110 on a disney rewards card and that will be our mad money for buying snacks. Again, paying 12 bucks for a hamburger, fries and soda seems O.K., but 4 something for an ice cream seems wasteful. My DH plans just to live at the bakery at France until the money runs out. Hmmm what is he going to do the second day???:laugh:

We were at CP Thursday for dinner. 6 adults and 1 child was right at $300 with 18% tip and tax. I highly doubt we will go back. WAY TOO LOUD, children crying, it was overwhelming! The food was OK, nothing particularly good. The characters were OK, Tigger was great, he really interacted with everyone. We were late for our ADR and they were very nice about letting us in anyway.

So that included the tax and tip? So if we take away 25% (for tax ?? and tip) that’s $225, divide by 6 (let’s forget about the child price for now) is $37.5.

Wonder how the disney site came up with 60 bucks?

Well, considering that pints of HD are about $4.60 and B&J’s is now somewhere between $5 and $5.29 in the supermarket when it’s not on sale and the once standard half gallon has shrunk to 48 oz., $4 for an ice cream anything in a major park (or any park or carnival really) is in line.
But that doesn’t say I want or need to jam one down right after a burger and fries at lunch.

That’s pretty much caused by the architecture we love so much.
Those glass domes over the dining areas reflect and concentrate ambient sound instead of it being soaked up by soft wall coverings and acoustic treatments to the ceiling.

As for the noisy kids, if I, an adult that has never been a parent, can hack it, you should be able to too:angel:

tutu:laugh:

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1092369]So that included the tax and tip? So if we take away 25% (for tax ?? and tip) that’s $225, divide by 6 (let’s forget about the child price for now) is $37.5.

Wonder how the disney site came up with 60 bucks?[/QUOTE]

That did include tax & tip.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1092372]That’s pretty much caused by the architecture we love so much.
Those glass domes over the dining areas reflect and concentrate ambient sound instead of it being soaked up by soft wall coverings and acoustic treatments to the ceiling.

As for the noisy kids, if I, an adult that has never been a parent, can hack it, you should be able to too:angel:

tutu:laugh:[/QUOTE]

Noisy children don’t bother me, crying children bothers me; it hurts my heart. I have always done whatever is necessary for my DD and DGD to not cry. They are both spoiled :whistling. LOL!
I taught Kindergarten for 5 years back when K was about learning thru
exploring and play. Noise from happy children, love it! Noise from crying, clanking dinnerware and general loud conversation from too many people in
one room.:noo: :noo: