Prices at the Trading Post at Fort Wilderness Campgrounds?

Does anyone know how the selection and prices at the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds trading post(s) compares with regular supermarkets? We’ll be going in March and I’m wondering if I should get groceries delivered from a nearby supermarket or just planning on getting things from the trading post. For example, I don’t need all sorts of veggies but maybe potatoes and carrots, some veggies, water, milk, bread, peanut butter, some kind of meat.

Any experience is much appreciated! :heart:

I have stayed in the campgrounds many times. I know a half gallon of milk is like $3 or $4, peanut butter I have no idea, a loaf of bread is about $3 I think, like they are about 1 1/2 or 2 times more expensive than supermarket prices I would say not that bad.

I would do the grovery delivery. Maybe someone else can weigh in on this, but I don’t remember the TP selling any veggies. It is more expensive than a regular grocery store as I remember, and the selection isn’t huge. When in doubt, get it delivered!

I think I have seen potatoes and onions, but that is it for veggies. The meadow trading post has a little more foodwise, but no meat. You would be much better of stopping at Publix or doing a delivery service.

I really do suggest what he said b/c thats what my family usually does when we stay there. but never heard of a grocery delivery service. that would be cool!

It is quite expensive. We usually stop at Wal Mart on the way in and get what we need.

I’ve heard a lot of people here discussing Garden Grocer and they have been very happy.

GardenGrocer.com, Our Shipping & Delivery Policies, Procedures

Thanks. Will do the grocery delivery.