Prime Time Cafe or Sci-Fi Dine-In?

ok folks, which do you perfer and why?

Check out this thread:

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/wdw-restaurants/55282-table-service-studios.html

I posted this:
On your list, I voted for Sci Fi. It’s not bad, but the cars’ tables are a bit tight unless you’re in one of the 4 seat cars and not the divided front seat/back seat cars. I just can’t bring myself to do 50’s, no way I want to be disturbed by my waiter/ess. I have no need for the H&V breakfast buffet (don’t care about Playhouse Disney) and had dinner there once I guess 4 years ago. It wasn’t bad, but I just haven’t been compelled to try it again.
Mama Melrose’s menu hasn’t really called out to me in the past, but others like it. When it comes to Italian food on the dining plan, I really like Tutto Italia in Epcot.
Sorry, I’m one of many who seem to be uninspired by DHS dining options.

What I say to you is, you won’t get me near Prime Time. I do not enjoy paying to be tormented by my waitress during my meal and I haven’t much cared for the menu in the past.

hahaha i appologize for being redundant! just joined the site. i can’t make up my mind. as for prime time…i used to hate being abused by the waitresses when i was a kid but now i love it!

my fondest memory was one year when the whole family was down my brother left to use the bathroom and came back really really fast. he was only about 11. in the mean time the waitress took out drink orders, so my brother arrived late… the waitress said “where were you?” with her hands on her hips. “in the bathroom” he replied. “did you wash your hands?” she asked. he paused for a second and responded “…yeaaa.” everyone started laughing at the surrounding tables. “what color was the soap then???” she shot back!

My brother obviously couldn’t anwser her question and nearly cried. it was GREAT!!!

I know you just joined Johnny. That’s how you wouldn’t know that we were discussing this last week and by the title of that thread, you wouldn’t automatically know what was being talked about.
Apology not needed.

Hey Johnny this comes up every now and then anyway so as Soundgod says no apology needed here at all.
I agree with Soundgod too, the very thought of being abused by a waiter/ress doesn’t do a great deal for me, and I have that kind of face? You know the one that attracts them? so its Sci Fi for us. Yes, the foods not the greatest but the milk shake is pretty good and the burger too and we just love those old cringe worthy B movie clips- let us know what you decide and what experience you have!

We really enjoy both!!! The kids enjoy the interaction with the waiter/ress :slight_smile: The milk shakes are really good at both and we think the dessert menu at Prime Time is fun!

i am a huge fan of the meatloaf at prime-time! and as for sci-fi, if you stay long enough the montage (spelling?) of sci-fi “B” movies replays itself lol.

I’m a big fan of Prime Time but I was also never harassed by my waitress. She was just silly. She didn’t disturb us while we were eating and since we were starving, we ate our whole plates and only got rewarded for it. The food was delicious in my opinion.

I guess it just depends on what character you get as a waitress!

sci-fi was our worst meal ever…just don’t order the ribs!
a burger is probably a better choice…wish we would have ordered burgers.

never been to Prime Time…not really interested in the “comical waiters”. just not our thing.

[QUOTE=chottsy;1041093]sci-fi was our worst meal ever…just don’t order the ribs!
a burger is probably a better choice…wish we would have ordered burgers.

[/QUOTE]

This really points out how opinions vary and are based on expectations as well as when exactly (the date or day) that someone ate somewhere. It could be that a recipe has changed or the executive chef has changed, or even one chef/cook does things a little different.
I had the ribs last time we did Sci Fi and I thought they were good. They weren’t great, but they were far from the worst I’ve had.
But Chottsy and I could have done the ribs a week apart, or he could have had Monday ribs while I had Thursday ribs.
There are a lot of variables and Sci Fi isn’t exactly “The Rib Shack” where they’re dry rubbed and then smoked for 6 hours until the meat falls off the bone:genie:

Love the B movies at Sci-Fi and like mentioned before the milkshakes are good.

OK, I’m going to make another comment about Sci Fi.
This is about the movies themselves, or rather, the coming attractions reel.
They’ve been running the same reel for years (same goes for the cartoons in the hotel lobbies and Ch 96 if you can get your room’s TV to tune there) and they really need to change it!
It’s only about 30-40 minutes long and most diners will see it repeat.
So, it needs to be longer and they also ought to consider running actual movies and not just trailers. Maybe they can get hold of a bunch of Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon reels.
Maybe they can get a range of sci fi shorts and they can dig into Disney’s own catalog and find some space themed and monster themed cartoons. Maybe run Tron and Black Hole. Get some Twilight Zone and Outer Limits episodes. The original Outer Limits that ran on ABC, not the Showtime retread. Dig out the Tomorrowland episodes of 1950’s Disneyland shows, especially the Werner von Braun/Man in Space series.

I agree about that movie. If you sit there a while, you can see it about 3 times… There are more choices. I am sure that there was something that Disney did about this in the 50’s-even cartoons…

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1041112]OK, I’m going to make another comment about Sci Fi.
They’ve been running the same reel for years (same goes for the cartoons in the hotel lobbies and Ch 96 if you can get your room’s TV to tune there) and they really need to change it!
It’s only about 30-40 minutes long and most diners will see it repeat.
So, it needs to be longer and they also ought to consider running actual movies and not just trailers. Maybe they can get hold of a bunch of Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon reels.
Maybe they can get a range of sci fi shorts and they can dig into Disney’s own catalog and find some space themed and monster themed cartoons. Maybe run Tron and Black Hole. Get some Twilight Zone and Outer Limits episodes. The original Outer Limits that ran on ABC, not the Showtime retread. Dig out the Tomorrowland episodes of 1950’s Disneyland shows, especially the Werner von Braun/Man in Space series.[/QUOTE]

C’mon SoundGod!! TRON??? It’s a 50’s theme my man! lol leave my Sci-Fi Dine-In alone!

OK, Forbidden Planet then.
Tron and The Black Hole were a thought because they’re Disney movies and in the 50’s, Disney wasn’t doing science fiction.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1041112]OK, I’m going to make another comment about Sci Fi.
It’s only about 30-40 minutes long and most diners will see it repeat…[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha that is exactly what my DH says in fact he has decided to play golf the day we have a lunch ADR at Sci -Fi.

Yes I am going with Doug too that reel needs changing ( or at least make some additions) dare I say I’d like the GMR waiting area room reel changed too- I’ve seen that like a zillion times! (still like the end one though- makes me tear up dont know why) sorry Johnny gone off thread a little!