Primeval Whirl set back

Just in case anyone was wondering, AK’s Primeval Whirl is not set to reopen until Sept. 14th. The date has been pushed back once again due to OSHA’s ongoing investigation of the death of one of the cast members.

The story can be found here:

Disney Primeval Whirl closed: Disney to keep Primeval Whirl roller coaster closed through the summer while an investigation into a worker’s death continues - baltimoresun.com

Bummer. I knew it had been set back again, but I was hoping it would be open by the time we go in August. It’s one of our favorite rides.

Question: Who is telling my 11 yr old dd it’s closed. Sure as heck not me!:blink:

If (s)he is anything lick my guys when they were 11, I’d let him(her) stand in ‘line’ until (s)he figured it out.

Reminds me of when my youngest was about 11 or 12. I had promised to take her to the local Six Flags. Well we got close and the traffic was really light, so jokingly I told her the park was probably closed. :laugh:

We get to the gate and there is a sign, closed for the season. :eek: I don’t recall the last time I felt that bad. She was a good sport about it, just made me take her to Gurnee Mills, which is a mall full of discount stores. It cost me a lot more then I would have paid at the park, but it did keep peace in the car!

-H

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1079366]Reminds me of when my youngest was about 11 or 12. I had promised to take her to the local Six Flags. Well we got close and the traffic was really light, so jokingly I told her the park was probably closed. :laugh:

We get to the gate and there is a sign, closed for the season. :eek: I don’t recall the last time I felt that bad. She was a good sport about it, just made me take her to Gurnee Mills, which is a mall full of discount stores. It cost me a lot more then I would have paid at the park, but it did keep peace in the car!

-H[/QUOTE]

How could you make that kind of mistake?
Didn’t you make sure Great America was going to be open first?
By the way, we stayed at the Comfort Inn slightly outside the main gate and I found the walk was just a shade longer than the walk from the Contemporary to the MK main gate.

Now, the real reason I’m posting.
Primevel Whirl is still closed after that incident?
They haven’t been able to figure out yet that the accident was caused by operator error and loss of situational awareness?

Edit: I was unaware of the March, 2011 accident. I thought it was the earlier accidents, but those were all in 2007.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1079369]How could you make that kind of mistake?
Didn’t you make sure Great America was going to be open first?
.[/QUOTE]

Nope total case of the stupids, :blink: who knew they closed that early in the year! ! ! Beside WDW is open all year round shouldn’t all the other parks be open, well at least until there is snow on the ground!

-H

GD, Six Flags parks, go to weekends only in mid August until somewhere around Halloween (weather permitting).
There are some exceptions, but mostly that’s the rule.

Actually, most of the parks in America cut back to weekends only in mid August and close for the season in either late September or they try to leg it out to Halloween now.
It’s only Magic Mountain (weekends only), Disney, Universal, Knott’s, the Sea Worlds, and Busch Gardens Tampa that are open all year round.
(Believe me, I know)