Princess dresses?

Are there princess dresses bigger than size 10 available at WDW? DGD’s size 7-8 still fit her but they are too short. They are barely below her knee! I checked the size charts on Disney Store and a 10 will only give her another 2-3 inches. If I could get a 12 it might give her enough length.

I think she will be a basketball player :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks!

[QUOTE=FairyGranmama;1137835]Are there princess dresses bigger than size 10 available at WDW? DGD’s size 7-8 still fit her but they are too short. They are barely below her knee! I checked the size charts on Disney Store and a 10 will only give her another 2-3 inches. If I could get a 12 it might give her enough length.

I think she will be a basketball player :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks![/QUOTE]

…I am pretty sure they go up to a 12-14—I know they do in the local Disney Store. My DD is tiny and we joked a couple years ago that she could buy Cinderellas Wedding gown in the 12-14 and use it as her wedding gown. For some strange reason—she just was no thrilled with that idea :laugh::laugh:

But I am positive the local Disney has 12-14 so I am sure they do at the parks…

Yeah! Thank you Smallworld! You come to the rescue again! :slight_smile:

Ok…I just went to the website and it does say 10 is the biggest size for the costumes!!! :angry: This changed—because we definitely remarked that the 12-14 would almost fit my daughter—as we were holding it up looking at it.

What are little girls suppose to do for petey’s sake??? Lots of kids need the length…

Now I did notice this—on the internet—I found something on the DIS board where a mother had asked about 12-14 for the same reason—and another person replied that she had to ask about it but found Rapunzel at the parks in the bigger size. That may be the only place to get the bigger size.

You could call WDW merchandising and ask? That’s what I would do—call the 407-wdisney number and ask to speak to someone in Park Merchandising… I hope that they still sell the larger size…

I called our nearest Disney Store (an hour away) :(. And the biggest size they had was a 10. I’ll check with the parks, thanks!

Tried to call parks merchandising and they aren’t open until tomorrow. :blush:

You could also try the BBBP. They might have the bigger sizes in stock. I remember seeing older children dressed as princesses.

If the dress still fights and just it’s just that the length is to short, your could always just add a ruffle to the bottom.

I’m just surprised that a 12/14 is not standard for all the Disney costumes…the size is a standard dress size in every kids clothingn store…the sizes don’t just end at 10… How strange…and as I said I know the Cinderella White wedding costume in the Emporium on Main Street came in the 12/14…and in the local Disney store…

[QUOTE=DisneyOnMyMind;1137842]You could also try the BBBP. They might have the bigger sizes in stock. I remember seeing older children dressed as princesses.

If the dress still fights and just it’s just that the length is to short, your could always just add a ruffle to the bottom.[/QUOTE]

Shannon, I thought of that, although I think it will be difficult to find a matching ribbon or fabric. I may take it to our local fabric shop and try. DGD still NEEDS an Aurora dress I’ve been told :laugh: :laugh:
She only has Cinderella and Snow White… ( I need a “shake my head” smiley). :blink: :blink:

Your very talented, I beat you could pick up a pattern or similar halloween costume at Party City, tweek it a little and it would be better than anything you could pick up at the parks. Disney makes their clothing very small.

Ugg, I could, but I haven’t really sewn anything for years. I’ve gotten lazy :laugh::laugh: if I don’t get a positive response from Disney tomorrow, I might break down and make it.

Thank you for the compliment though! :blush:

When we were at BBB in April we were told the largest size they carry is 10. Which I think is weird since BBB goes up to age 12 for makeovers.

[QUOTE=FairyGranmama;1137870]Ugg, I could, but I haven’t really sewn anything for years. I’ve gotten lazy :laugh::laugh: if I don’t get a positive response from Disney tomorrow, I might break down and make it.

Thank you for the compliment though! :blush:[/QUOTE]

I would love for you to make it, but I just looked for a pattern and only ones I could find are size 3-8. So, if you do decide to make it you will have to alter the pattern also. :eek::ohmy::frown::mad::sad::crying:

You could always get a pattern that isn’t Disney, (just a princess) and make it into a Disney Princess.

Ugh, this is going to be a challenge. Been checking patterns- it’s either going to have to be to adjust a small girl-sized Rapunzel dress pattern, or take in a woman-sized pattern at the bust and hip and make it look like Rapunzel.

I modify all sorts of things, I’m not afraid to mix and match, and I had a really hard time trying to figure out what to do here. Crazy.

I called Disney merchandise today. They have Aurora in an XL which is 12-14!! The CM said they don’t have every princess, so she checked for Aurora and her dress is available at MK and DTD!
I’m saved(from sewing). :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks everyone for all of your help!! :heart: :heart:

[QUOTE=FairyGranmama;1137902]I called Disney merchandise today. They have Aurora in an XL which is 12-14!! The CM said they don’t have every princess, so she checked for Aurora and her dress is available at MK and DTD!

Thanks everyone for all of your help!! :heart: :heart:[/QUOTE]

Yay…good news!! :happy::happy:

I just don’t understand why every children’s costume doesn’t come in the XL…what is up with that??? Do you stop being a kid at size 10??? Why don’t they have Youth sizes or something…

[QUOTE=smallworld;1137905]Yay…good news!! :happy::happy:

I just don’t understand why every children’s costume doesn’t come in the XL…what is up with that??? Do you stop being a kid at size 10??? Why don’t they have Youth sizes or something…[/QUOTE]

I agree! I’ve seen several posts on other boards from people trying to get larger sizes!

[QUOTE=FairyGranmama;1137902]I called Disney merchandise today. They have Aurora in an XL which is 12-14!! The CM said they don’t have every princess, so she checked for Aurora and her dress is available at MK and DTD!

Thanks everyone for all of your help!! :heart: :heart:[/QUOTE]

That was lucky.

Ginger …
World of Disney (DTD) has 12 - 14 sizes. We found them next to BBB when we were there in August. They had Merida and Rapunzel and I think they had a Belle one as well. FYI …:pirate: Katy wore the Rapunzel dress.

[QUOTE=WALL;1138029]Ginger …
World of Disney (DTD) has 12 - 14 sizes. We found them next to BBB when we were there in August. They had Merida and Rapunzel and I think they had a Belle one as well. FYI …:pirate: Katy wore the Rapunzel dress.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much Wall! It makes me feel better getting the information first hand! I would hate to disappoint my DGD!