Problems with booking. need to vent

Ok maybe this is not the correct title… maybe it should be not happy with disney booking. I had booked a room only. my dd who is a cast member kept telling me to hold off as she would see what their discounts were going to be … knowing my dd I decided to be safe the sorry. she is a bit of a procrastinator. when i booked the room I asked the girl if I could change this to a package… Yes she told me no problem just call back… Ok I also asked if I make payments will they be transferred to the package yes… we will just move them. so when the free dining came out dh and I decided to just book the package… welllllll You cannot do that you have to cancel the room only and book the package … as that is two different department we cannot credit your payments. we will send the money back to you and you and you can send it back to us…
as this was direct opposite of what i was told I asked to speak to a supervisor… I got connected to this women who talked to me like a was 4 years old and just wet my pants. I was not amused. I have never been talked down to so badly at Disney.frown::frown:. she said that I must have misunderstood and being new I may not know how things are done… sorry I told her this is our 15 or 16 trip.check the records. … dh could hear how she was talking to me . he was saying cancel it we will go to universal… I knew he did not mean it so I rebooked it and just sent the payment this morning. so we have ten nights at french quarter … :. thanks I just had to vent…

I posted this last Spring when someone had a room only with the hopes of converting it. You cannot transfer the fund from one to another. This has been the policy and I am super upset that a CM gave you the wrong info.

You can hold the package for seven days without anything down and your funds may be back on your card in that time frame for you to put back down on the package.

[QUOTE=faerie dust;1133637]Ok maybe this is not the correct title… maybe it should be not happy with disney booking. I had booked a room only. my dd who is a cast member kept telling me to hold off as she would see what their discounts were going to be … knowing my dd I decided to be safe the sorry. she is a bit of a procrastinator. when i booked the room I asked the girl if I could change this to a package… Yes she told me no problem just call back… Ok I also asked if I make payments will they be transferred to the package yes… we will just move them. so when the free dining came out dh and I decided to just book the package… welllllll You cannot do that you have to cancel the room only and book the package … as that is two different department we cannot credit your payments. we will send the money back to you and you and you can send it back to us…
as this was direct opposite of what i was told I asked to speak to a supervisor… I got connected to this women who talked to me like a was 4 years old and just wet my pants. I was not amused. I have never been talked down to so badly at Disney.frown::frown:. she said that I must have misunderstood and being new I may not know how things are done… sorry I told her this is our 15 or 16 trip.check the records. … dh could hear how she was talking to me . he was saying cancel it we will go to universal… I knew he did not mean it so I rebooked it and just sent the payment this morning. so we have ten nights at french quarter … :. thanks I just had to vent…[/QUOTE]

…although I did not have this problem when I was making reservations last time, I did find that you could ask the same questions when calling four different times, and then get four different answers! I also found that they didn’t have answers and would transfer me all around. In the past, I have been able to call the central ressie number and the CMs were full of information…not anymore. Perhaps there is just too much for me person to keep up with.

But that is no reason to be treated rudely…:pinch:

There is no excuse for rude treatment of a guest on the phone, but that policy is correct - the CM who she originally dealt with, was wrong. It’s not that they won’t do it, it’s that they cannot do it. They are saved in separate systems and not able to transfers funds from one to the other. They can, however tranfer funds within packages.

This is a stupid policy, right? I’m not alone in thinking this?

I’m sure it’s some accounting thing… but still- it is crazy.

Or maybe like another IT thing, having two separate systems. I’m sure they have a logical explanation why they keep it separate, but with what you can do with computers nowadays, you’d think they would try to get it fixed for easier access for their customer service CMs.

I was told (who knows if this is correct) that they are booked in two completely separate systems and there is no way (for now) to move a room to a package. I know that over the last year they have been doing a major system over-haul. It’s highly possible that in future you would be able to. Again, this is what I was told. I don’t think a system as complex as Disney’s can just be “altered” all at once and shut down for long periods of time. Havoc is created when they go down for short spurts.

I wondered why I had to call a separate number to reserv for the Keys to The Kingdom…but I guess you are right about the complex system. I just remember when I called one number for everything we wanted to do at Disney…even the Marketplace reservations…

I can’t remember now…is ME set up on the main ressie number? Or did I call them directly…can’t remember…lol

I was told that room only is booked by the hotel and the packages are booked thru the travel agency. and the funds cannot be moved from one to another… I know there are rules… and I understand they have to be followed. I know that no one can know everything… my biggest problem was her attitude… I finally told her I am a 55 year old RN not a 4 year old. I am very patient normally have to be in my job… and my dd works there and i know some of the stuff she deals with … BUT this women went to far… I love disney and I did put a partial payment on it this morning… I just had to get over being annoyed. I just wanted you all to know what i obviously didnt.

ugh i hate when rude CMs ruin the magic:( fortunately, i’ve only dealt with that once or twice. Honestly, i book through Dana now lol. i let her deal with the aggravation so i don’t get banned from disney because of my colorful language…

[QUOTE=smallworld;1133656]I wondered why I had to call a separate number to reserv for the Keys to The Kingdom…but I guess you are right about the complex system. I just remember when I called one number for everything we wanted to do at Disney…even the Marketplace reservations…

I can’t remember now…is ME set up on the main ressie number? Or did I call them directly…can’t remember…lol[/QUOTE]

Disney Magical Express is actually totally different as well. I have found that the fastest and best way to get your DME is to register on the website https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/reservations/dme/?bhcp=1

tags take about 10 business days after you order then regardless of how soon or not sure your trip is. I have my magical express about 2 weeks after ordering them and about 2 months before my trip…:laugh: This is not solely an agent link. Anyone can access it or you can call them directly if you want - don’t suggest this option.

That info is incorrect. They are both booked by the same people and are just coded differently in systems that don’t work together.

wow I wonder if anyone I have talked to there knows what they are talking about.

Sorry to be the bearer or bad news, but I do this all day every day and know what I can and can’t do with a room/package.

Dana I did not mean u and I am sorry if that is how it sounded.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1133640]…although I did not have this problem when I was making reservations last time, I did find that you could ask the same questions when calling four different times, and then get four different answers! I also found that they didn’t have answers and would transfer me all around. In the past, I have been able to call the central ressie number and the CMs were full of information…not anymore. Perhaps there is just too much for me person to keep up with.

But that is no reason to be treated rudely…:pinch:[/QUOTE]

last year we went in October using points,but we had originally booked POR I called to add days to this reservation and they said OK then changed the room rates …I was not in the mood for a lengthy tete a tete so I just said cancel the whole thing …we then booked at SSR on points reading this post reminded me over the years how sometimes it was not easy to make or change a reservation…whatever happened to the customer is always right…???

You can’t transfer the particular fund from one to an alternative.