Profanity on shirts in the park

Until this trip I had never noticed any profanity on shirts in the park. However, we were playing mini golf yesterday and a young “lady” of maybe 15-16 was wearing a shirt with the F bomb written in huge letter across the front. There was no way anyone could miss it, it wouldn’t have fit had it been written any larger. After that I noticed two other shirts with profanity in two difference parks.

Is this new or have I just not noticed this before?

I did not see it last week, but I saw a ton of brazilian tour groups, but they all seemed to vanish on Friday. Have you seen any?

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1117901]Until this trip I had never noticed any profanity on shirts in the park. However, we were playing mini golf yesterday and a young “lady” of maybe 15-16 was wearing a shirt with the F bomb written in huge letter across the front. There was no way anyone could miss it, it wouldn’t have fit had it been written any larger. After that I noticed two other shirts with profanity in two difference parks.

Is this new or have I just not noticed this before?[/QUOTE]

This is awful…I don’t want to have to look at that as I am standing in line and can’t get away from it…they used to not allow things like tube tops…when did they get lenient on this stuff?

We arrived last Tuesday and have seen a lot of tour groups. However, they have all been very well behaved as far as we have seen. Not once have we noticed line cutting, rudeness, or any other bad behavior. Sure, they travel in large masses but that alone isn’t an issue for us. Only once did we see a group chant and that was walking through a park and it was hardly noticeable.

I was surprised to see the bikini tops, I didn’t think swim wear was allowed in the parks. I usually don’t read shirts but the three I saw couldn’t be missed, the words were all in very large print.

Wow…even the local Busch Gardens requires you to wear a tshirt over any bathing suit…:nonono2:

The last time I was at WDW I saw a lot of shirts with not only profanity but pretty sexually explicit shirts. Oh how our standards have been lowered.

I noticed a lot of colored bras with see through tops over them last time we were at Disney. Couldn’t believe what I was seeing. The majority were teenagers/early 20’s. I kept thinking to myself this must be the new fashion because I saw so many with that style. Very sad.

You’d think that they would stop people with shirts like that at the entrance.

That’s what Im surprised about…I have seen CM ask people to change or cover up in the past…how do these things get by not only the turnstiles but CMs out and about and at rides??

That was my experience as well… There were tons every day, but they did not interfere with my vacation. That is great for Disney because Everyone is happy. Really they did not interfere with us at all. We even saw an Argentinan group (company was advertised on their matching shirts) and a Japanese tour group, which was interesting…

I’d like to know where the mother of that 15 year old girl was. Good heavens - who would allow their child to buy something like that. I’ve seen a lot of men - who should know better - with pretty disgusting shirts through the years. I think they should be made to purchase a Disney t-shirt before they are allowed into the parks. If they are stupid enough to think these shirts are “funny” and that children won’t be reading them, then they should have to pay for it.

(Although my husband does love to wear his “Bank of Dad: A Loaning Institution Ever Since I Can Remember” t-shirt. He gets a lot of knowing looks and comments from other dads.)

Just don’t show up dressed as tinkerbell or santa…

Recently I saw a teen girl wear proudly I am a b word hugemoungously on her shirt… I dont understand. My daughter is 15 and she wouldn’t even think about getting that… Mainly cause it will not make it to her hands in one piece.

That’s just tacky, and I think that CMs are just A) avoiding confrontation or don’t care, and therefore B) aren’t doing their jobs.

I had a three year old who could read anything and everything. The swear words and sexually explicit t-shirts make me so angry.

Exactly. Your daughter knows better. I hope my kids always will, too.

I think there are a lot of parents who just don’t bother, and just like the CMs I mentioned, don’t want to get into a fight or don’t care enough.

That reminds me…I saw a girl (at DTD) that had to no older than 12 wearing a tight tank top (tied in the back) with the Playboy logo and “Future Playmate” on it…standing right next to her proud mom and dad.

Only thing I ever noticed was at MNSSHP 2010. We were in line to meet all 7 dwarves and there were two guys dressed as Mario & Luigi but the tight short shorts and tight tight tight shirts version of the costumes. They looked like video game strippers. Now i am incredibly hard to offend. However, in Disney i was disgusted by it. Learn where to wear certain things. Make matters worse they were talking to a CM. It looked like they were her friends.

Oh yes----see it all the time around here—profanity on tshirts of young people while adults are with them—goes back to my “Be the Parent” speech—but then—I think about all the parents that go into schools where their kids have been caught with drugs or something and take the kids side–blame the school for driving their kids to drugs etc. Don’t get me started on these types of Parents. How can we expect better from their kids???

I just don’t get these kids… Good example… We went short shopping the other day… Why did everyone of those shorts look like they were missing some material?! They all look more like underwear than shorts! I have big issues with girls how they dress now :blink: I think mainly cause I think about my teenager and 10 year old dressing decent… Like I tell em as long as nothing is having out in places they shouldn’t and you are not advertising evilness/gross/inapropriate words. Then it’s all good. :closedeyes: