Proper proto-call?

Ok so I know it’s a BIG no, no to have people from other resorts (non-WDW) to our pools (POR). But, can they make ressies and eat at our resort? And if so do they have to leave right away or can they hang out at the loung??

Sure,anyone can eat at any resort and relax in the lobby or a lounge/bar.

While not proper we have had close freinds visit us at the resorts while in WDW. Every now and then their kids would join ours for a quick dip in the pool.
I don’t know about ressies, but they can join you if you make them.

Yes… You can go eat at the Contemporary-even if you are staying off site… Or anywhere else for that matter… Food is no big deal, the pools are a whole 'nother debate…

Oh yes. I made that mistake a few months ago!:eek: Very touchy subject for some:laugh::laugh:

You can go to resorts to shop or eat or just look around. Having guests visit you at the resort is no problem.

Think of it this way… if you are there to eat or shop, they are making money… whether you are staying there or not… the pool- not so much… Plus, the pool can get full of thousands of people… and they aren’t there for a short period of time. With a restaurant or shopping, in about 1 hour, you leave… (plus they made money)… :slight_smile:

good point…

I have seen in some DVC literature that pool hopping is usually allowed. How do they know you are coming from another resort? I don’t pool hop, doesn’t seem worth the energy to get there, but how would anyone know? I have never been asked for my keycard to prove I am a guest when I use the pools.

There is further VIP “very important protocol”, however, in my opinion.

If you are staying at a monorail resort, I would consider it a HUGE no-no to invite guests to hang with you and leave their car in the parking lot while they visit the parks. Parking lots are tight, and should be reserved for resort guests ONLY.

Just sayin’…

Try getting into Stormalong Bay.:laugh:

I don’t think that there’s anything “wrong” with friends visiting you at your resort - if it’s a visit in your suite or room, or if you’re sharing a meal together in the resort restaurant, having a drink in the lounge, shopping there, or just looking around - I don’t think it’s ok to let them use the pool or park their cars for the day and use Disney transportation.

[QUOTE=llama;1013934]Try getting into Stormalong Bay.:laugh:

I don’t think that there’s anything “wrong” with friends visiting you at your resort - if it’s a visit in your suite or room, or if you’re sharing a meal together in the resort restaurant, having a drink in the lounge, shopping there, or just looking around - I don’t think it’s ok to let them use the pool or park their cars for the day and use Disney transportation.[/QUOTE]

I agree!
I feel as though if a paid a little extra (to stay at POR), for the extras, why should the other people(from non-WDW hotels) be allowed to come into our pools, for the day? If thats what you want than you should have stayed at a Disney resort.
Sorry if that sounded snotty. It’s that I just finished rolling change for an hour so I CAN stay at a WDW resort =)

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1013941]I agree!
I feel as though if a paid a little extra (to stay at POR), for the extras, why should the other people(from non-WDW hotels) be allowed to come into our pools, for the day? If thats what you want than you should have stayed at a Disney resort.
Sorry if that sounded snotty. It’s that I just finished rolling change for an hour so I CAN stay at a WDW resort =)[/QUOTE]

Not snotty at all. I believe pretty much everyone feels that way, that if you pay more for something extra special, it should not be ruined by someone looking for a free ride.

I eat at the resorts and have drinks in the lounges all of the time even when staying offsite.

One of my favorite things was to take a break from the parks and have a drink at the Outer Rim before the redesign.

I have reservations for the Wave on our upcoming trip where we are staying offsite.

I have also been known to have drinks at the pool bars, but would not even think of actually going in the pool unless we are staying at that particular hotel.