Pros & Cons of Donald's New Safari Breakfast

We use to love Donald’s Breakfastosaurus in Dinoland and since it is now open for over a year, what are your feelings on the new Donald’s Breakfast Safari??

I viewed the menu and for DH, DS and DSS who are picky eaters, it is a high price to pay for pastries if they do not offer french toast or pancakes with everything else. DH read the menu and was very upset.

we did DSB on our last trip this past Dec.

they offer lots of choices on the buffet. but we were not impressed with food at all.

the characters were rushed and as with all character meals it was noisy, but we went to a number of character meals, and this one was particularly noisy…had a hard time making conversation with my DH!

we are not going to do this meal again…
we didn’t even meet Goofy & he was there!! we were there and hour and called it quits since we had already had another meal where we had met him.

it was worth doing once to see for ourselves, and i am sure many people have diff. experiances here…depending on when you go, etc.

so to sum it up:
food: …on a scale 1-10, 10 being great …it was a 4.
atmosphere: bad
character interaction: okay

I too am interested in hearing more about this dining experience. We’ve booked it for our upcoming trip, we’ve never done Donald’s Breakfastsaurus and to tell you the truth, I didn’t know that it had changed. I may re-consider my choice.

Everytime we went the food the was great and the character interactions were wonderful.

This one (and Ohana Breakfast) are the two TS meals we’re keeping this Feb when we go. Do Daisy and Donald still make appearances? Are they all in safari outfits. In honesty I think I go more for the characters than the food (they could put a bowl of cereal in front of me and I’d be okay)!

me too i love the characters and now that my dd are grown and dh and i go alone sometimes. we still do them… he loves them also…

I had this one booked for this weekend, but changed it when a lunch spot opened at Teppan edo, which was our first choice!

I asked about the characters, and I was told Daisy is there! Which is cool, cuz she’s hard to find.

We ate here for lunch, no characters, and the food was really good. It’s a super big place though, so I’m sure it can get loud when full.

ALSO, you can get priority seating for the nemo show when you dine here. So if you want to go see Nemo don’t forget to ask for it! :happy:

[QUOTE=chottsy;928001]we did DSB on our last trip this past Dec.

they offer lots of choices on the buffet. but we were not impressed with food at all.

the characters were rushed and as with all character meals it was noisy, but we went to a number of character meals, and this one was particularly noisy…had a hard time making conversation with my DH!

we didn’t even meet Goofy & he was there!! we were there and hour and called it quits since we had already had another meal where we had met him.

it was worth doing once to see for ourselves, and i am sure many people have diff. experiances here…depending on when you go, etc.

so to sum it up:
character interaction: okay[/QUOTE]

I am really sad to hear this. The old Breakfastsaurus was a favorite for us back in the day…oh well.

I didn’t know this! Is this just for lunch or can you get the priority seating for after the breakfast too?

yes, both Daisy & Donald Ducks are there in their safari outfits…super cute!

I’m not sure . . . we were asked when we were seated (lunch) if we wanted the tickets. I read on another forum they were doing this now! Ask about it when you call.

I will going a little over a week. It will be our first time since it has moved. I will give you a full review when I get back with pics. I’m hoping for the best, so you will be one of the first to know!:biggrin:

we enjoy it much more than tuskerhouse. i particularly enjoy the carving station. a nice perk is that is is on the way to the safari, so if you get in/out early enough, you can get a jump on the morning rush.

Con: no omelet station and no omelets made to order!
In a lot of ways, and with only one meal at Donald’s Safari Breakfast, I much preferred Breakfastosaurus.

[QUOTE=chottsy;928001]we did DSB on our last trip this past Dec.

so to sum it up:
character interaction: okay[/QUOTE]

I shouldn’t quote the entire post, but I’m a little lazy tonight.
I pretty much agree with Chottsy although when we ate there, we were late in the morning, so the place was kind of empty. It wasn’t so noisy, but even though there were few people, we got very little character time and not even all characters even bothered to stop by our table. Maybe it was because there were just two adults, but that’s never happened at CM, CP, 1900, or Cape May Cafe. Heck, at CP, I’ve had Pooh sit down to keep me company when I was there by myself because the wife was sick in bed on our anniversary.

We ate here last month. Compared to the original I liked it a lot better. We had more room. The interaction was great. The characters stayed as long as we wanted , with 9 people, there were a lot of photos being snapped. The food was average, as good as it was at the old venue. And the cast was very nice.

I give it 3 1/2 ears out of 5.

Breakfastosaurus had those wonderful Krispy Kremes, and that breakfast pizza the kids love so much. Are those still included in the new place?

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;929008]We ate here last month. Compared to the original I liked it a lot better. We had more room. The interaction was great. The characters stayed as long as we wanted , with 9 people, there were a lot of photos being snapped. The food was average, as good as it was at the old venue. And the cast was very nice.

I give it 3 1/2 ears out of 5.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear you had good interaction. To me, if the interaction is good, it makes up for the food not being as good.

yep, there still there.

Right, We’re there for the fun more than the food.