PS's so far. What am I missing?

Hi everyone,

I posted a while back looking for suggestions for PS’s and received lot’s of good ideas. Here is what I have settled on. My question is are there any PS’s I haven’t made that I should? Some of this boards list of must do’s that need PS’s. Our party consists of myself and my wife (late 30’s) and our 2 DS’s ages 4 and 7. Thanks and let me know what you think. We are arriving on Saturday and staying until Sunday.

Sunday, September 26, 2004
8:05 AM Crystal Palace

Monday, September 27, 2004
5:45 PM Cinderella’s Royal Table

Tuesday, September 28, 2004
8:30 AM Chef Mickey’s

Wednesday, September 29, 2004
6:00 PM Cape May Café

Thursday, September 30, 2004
9:30 AM Pirate Cruise

Nothing currently planned for Friday and Saturday any ideas for closing out our week?

Have you considered the Hoop de doo review?? It is great fun , or maybe Mickey’s Backyard BBQ??

You should do Ohana either Sunday or Tuesday night. It’s a lot of fun if you’ve never done it before.

Are you going to see La Nouba? If so, I highly recommend combining it with an early or late dinner at Portobello Yacht Club at DTD.

Have you considered doing the Fantasmic Dinner Package? If so, you should do Hollywood & Vine. It’s gotten the best reviews.

Those are my suggestions.

We looked into the Hoop de do Review but it was kind of expensive, I think it was $60 for adults and $25 for kids and the way my kids eat (not much) I thought that was kind of pricey. We did the Back yard BBQ last year and that was really fun but we thought we would try something new.

Merlin Matt I’m not familiar with La Nouba or the Fantasmic Dinner Package could you help me out? We stayed at Poly last year and went to O’hanas and did like it alot but again we wanted to try new things.

La Nouba! You’ve never heard of La Nouba!!?? It’s Cirque du Soleil, Orlando style! (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/entertainment/entertainmentDetail?id=DTDCirqueEntertainmentPage)

It’s a bit pricey though, so if you haven’t budgeted for it, it might be worthwhile to plan on it for your next trip. :wink: It’s located in the permanent La Nouba building on the West Side of Downtown Disney.

For the Fantasmic Dinner Package(http://www.allearsnet.com/din/fantdin1.htm), you can make reservations (not PS’s, actual reservations) for dinner at a handful of MGM eateries and get special tickets to Fantasmic! where you don’t have to wait in line. Quite a few people here have done it. (http://www.disneycentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11425)

HTH

This is a great thread! Now that I know I need to make priority seating arrangements, I am trying to come up with a list of restaurants. (When we travel we usually just walk by a place and say “oh, that place looks cool” - guess that won’t work with this trip!) So far all I have on my list is Chef Mickey’s and Cinderella’s Royal Table (think my daughter will need therapy if we miss that one).

I’m printing out this thread now and am going to check all those restaurants out online! Keep the recommendations coming!

Your plans look great. You left yourself enough flexibility to “go with the flow” after breakfast should you decide to. O’hanna would make a nice addition to your PS plans as well as Whispering Canyone or Hoop-de-doo, but honestly they look good as is. You can decide on other places once there.

Does anyone know if I need a PS for the ice cream social in EPCOT?

Alot of people suggest having a PS for the icecream social. I did not make one because I did not want to commit to a certain day in Epcot so we went at 3:00. They checked to see if there were enough dishes made up and there was, so we got in and enjoyed the social. If you have an itinerary and know which day you will be at Epcot, then make a PS. It starts at 3:00 and, I think ends at 3:30. It is a lot of fun and tons of character interaction. They only make up so many dishes for each day…supposedly.

Mickey’s BBQ was a blast. We stayed for the entire time and enjoyed every minute. We felt it was way overpriced for picnic food, but the band was great, the line dancing was fun and the rope slinger was so good. Our DS was chosen to learn how to lasso (spelling??) a rope in front of everyone. The kids get to dance with the characters. They don’t come around to the tables like the other character meals. They do pictures and autographs on the dance floor. If you have the chance, try it!!!

Your schedule looks great to me but I would seriously consider O’hana’s.

The food is out of this world whether it’s breakfast or an evening meal. The cast are great and there are interactive games for the kids which they will love.

Try and get a seat near the window in the evening. The fireworks are out of this world as the music is played through the restaurant.

Hi all, I took some of your advice and added the following:

3:00pm on Thursday - Ice Cream Social - Epcot
6:00pm on Friday - Hollywood and Vine / Fantasmic dinner package

I’m leaving Saturday open so I think I am done!

29 more days I can’t wait!!!

Thanks everyone. Rich