Purchase Park Hopper Passes or Annual Pass

Hello!

We plan to visit WDW this October (2A/2C). We also plan to do the Disney Cruise March 09. For October I had planned to purchase the 6 day park hopper however now I’m wondering if that’s what I should do. When we go in March we planned to do the cruise only since the 7 day combo dates just didn’t work out for us. But looking at the air it just may be less explensive (for the air portion) if we fly in 2 days before the cruise. So…we can spend a couple of days at Disney. :phone: My question is…If that’s the case I’d have to buy tickets for us at that time. I’m thinking about the possibility of purchasing the annual pass. But seeing that I’m in Texas I’m not sure if it’s really worth it since it’s not like I can hop over on a whim (although I wish I could!!!). If I do purchase the annual pass, what are the benefits? I tried looking on Disney.com although it really doesn’t tell me a whole lot which is why I’d like to see what the experts here at MB have to say!
:mickey::minnie::donald::tinkerbell:

Disney ticket prices go up tomorrow. If you are going to do it, do it ASAP!

What I would do is do a comparison between an 8 day ticket with the no expiration option versus the price of an annual pass. You may be able to find that information on allears.net.

The one big plus with the pass is that you can get a 10% discount at certain locations for purchases; but if you already have the Disney VISA you can take advantage of this perk at WOD.

I live in Texas as well and we bought annual passes this year because we had planned to visit Disney twice in one year (March and November). For a total of 17 days in WDW it most definitely worked out less expensive for us.

We also live in Texas and also got APs this year. We were going to be here for 4 days in Aug (right now as I type) and again for 8 days in October with the whole family. We will now probably come next summer as well before the APs expire. One benefit for us was the AP room rate. We saved enough with the AP rate at CSR for 3 nights to pretty much offset the additional cost of the APs versus a 4-day park hopper (around $200 more).

Prezcatz Paul

Thank you for the feedback!

That is SO GREAT to hear there are other Texans out there who love Disney as well!!! Our friends always joke that we must have stock in Disney because our yearly vacation at Disney is never a question. :laugh:

I prefer to purchase a 10 day no expiration parkhopper with the water park feature. we go down often, and we take a couple days to do the parks and the rest of the stay we just enjoy Disney’s environment.

We see families getting up early in the morning and coming late in the evening, the children usually crying. Their vacations become so militant that they miss the other things Disney has to offer.

The cost per visit is reasonable, and with the 10 day package you are not required to use it within a year.

This way we are not

So compare the price of the 8 day park hopper with the prices of the Annual Pass. Unless you are planning another trip a year after the first one, my answer would be that the 8 day hopper would be the better deal. You could get one AP for one person in your group and 8 day passes for the rest. The AP does have food and room discounts you can use on both trips.

We found that getting just ONE of us a single AP would really pay off… that person can get the food discount for the whole table, and for the room discount as well. So, the tiny additional amount for that single AP will pay for itself in just a few meals!

I am not sure how large your party is, or what kind of dining you like to do. If you have only a few people and you prefer to have most of your meals at CS restaurants, it might not be as great a deal.

Have you already checked out the Disney Dining and Entertainment Card? You can buy it if you are an AP holder, and it gets you a larger discount at more restaurants. It might even include alcohol, if I remember correctly? It works for us, because we like to have a big fancy dinner each night.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;859289]We found that getting just ONE of us a single AP would really pay off… that person can get the food discount for the whole table, and for the room discount as well. So, the tiny additional amount for that single AP will pay for itself in just a few meals!

I am not sure how large your party is, or what kind of dining you like to do. If you have only a few people and you prefer to have most of your meals at CS restaurants, it might not be as great a deal.

Have you already checked out the Disney Dining and Entertainment Card? You can buy it if you are an AP holder, and it gets you a larger discount at more restaurants. It might even include alcohol, if I remember correctly? It works for us, because we like to have a big fancy dinner each night.[/QUOTE]

It does include alcohol. It’s a 20% discount at selected restaurants but an 18% tip is automatically added. For some that may be an issue but we tip that much anyway so we truly don’t mind because we’re still saving a lot over the course of our trip.

I believe the card is $65.

I live in NY and have bought APs for the past 5 years. Last year I went 5 times. This year only twice so far. If you have an AP and a great deal for air comes up, it’s good not to have to worry about buying park passes. The dning discounts with it are a good incentive also. Enjoy.

Definitely buy the 10 day no expire option. I think for you it might be the most economical way to go.

We’re Texans too and the past few times that we’ve needed tickets, we’ve bought AP’s. We always plan to go 3x within 12 months, then take about an 18 month break and then buy passes again for the next year’s 3 trips. This year we’re going 4x…the 4th trip wasn’t really planned until our kids’ HS trip was moved to WDW recently, so now our AP’s won’t cover our entire 4th trip…but we’ll make do somehow. Basically it’ll only affect DH & me since the kids’ tix are part of their package deal. They’ll use their AP’s the first couple of days and then the school tix after that…wish we would have known about the changes last March so we could have planned accordingly! Oh well, can’t beat 4x in a year, huh???

4 x’s a year is AWESOME!!! My DH would love that!!! As soon as we get back from a trip he’s the first to ask when we’re going back. I love to hear that you’re from TX and making that trip to the Wonderful World of Disney!!!
:mickey::minnie:
:tinkerbell::donald:

Us and usually 15 of our closest family and friends travel together! We’re all AP holders now!