Put your celebrations on your ADR's!

We just returned from another trip to WDW and I made sure every ADR had a note that we were celebrating our Birthdays while we were there. Not only did we get the Birthday Buttons with our names written in, (I had all of them pinned on our park bag) but we got the following extras…

1. Everyone wishing us Happy Birthday everywhere we went:happy:.

2. Mama Melrose’s for dinner, Sam our waiter who was totally awesome, gave us each an appetizer and on top of our desserts, an extra one to share. We were on the DDP too. Needless to say, Sam got a generous tip:blush:

3. 1900 Park Fare for dinner, we all received, including my FIL who was not on the reservation, a HUGE cupcake:blow:.

4. Tutto Italia for dinner, we all received an extra dessert (chocolate mousse cupcake) and the CM’s sang Happy Birthday in Italian to all of us. They also sang Happy Anniversary to the couple next to us too:laugh::heart:.

5. Beaches N Cream for ice cream treats, our waitress flickered the lights and turned on the yellow siren lights announcing that we were all celebrating our Birthdays. She then gave us all balloons which we then gave to a young boy at the next table over.

It was a great time had by all!!!

Oh thats so nice and what great acknowledgements too- well worth noting for next trip if there is a celebration imminent.

Whispering Canyon brought us Champagne for our anniversary which we passed to the table next to us since we don’t drink.

Wow! that sounds Awesome. I was wondering if there was any magic for special occasions since ours lacked severly. I noted on our ADR at Poly that is was our Anniversary, even told our server and were wearing our buttons and nada-nothing not even a Happy Anniversary. I figured they must only do it for b’days but after reading this thread I see some do incl anniversary’s. Gives me something to look forward to on another trip:happy:

On our trip in 2009 we received special surprise while walking through the Intl. Gateway on our way to BC for dinner. A CM saw our buttons and asked us to wait a moment. She made a call and handed the phone to me. It was Mickey and Minnie wishing us a Happy Anniversary. It was so cool.

Then in DHS, we were walking by the area you would go to audition for American Idol Exp. and a CM heard us talking and asked us to come over to her. Of course we did and she took us back to an area where there were pics of previous Idol winners and a BIG golden ticket on the wall. She handed us a fake mic and let us take pics all around the area, in front of signs, Idol winner pics and the ticket. My DS was the one taking the pics. It was so much fun!!!

our one trip was very last minute… we could only get into as music… when they asked us for special occasion i said it was our anniversary… the cm called the manager who announced to the room it was our anniversary… he then went back and came out with a long stem red rose. when we came back from the park there was another rose in vase. a card signed mickey and Minne and the gang… a picture frame. we have also been handed a phone at stores and on the other end was mickey wishing us a happy anniversary. at multiple restaurants our table was covered with mickey glitter… now none of this is expected and not all has ben done every trip but we always feel going to disney for our anniversary makes it special… last year we got mickey and Minnie mugs and a card.

This past May we celebrated our 30th anniversary and went to the Coral Reef for dinner.Our waiter Kevin bought us each a cocktail and a dessert for free.:heart:

I have put our anniversary celebration on each meal and it’s funny, only 2 restaurants did anything back in 2010 (year of the Celebrations!!)

We received a signed card and cupcake at Garden Grill, confetti on the table at the Plaza only.

The following did nothing:
Trail’s End
Whispering Canyon
Kona Cafe
50’s Prime Time
Le Celliar
Chefs
Rose and Crown
House of Blues
Tusker House (breakfast)
Grand Floridian Cafe

Oh well…we had fun anyway!!

How exciting that they did all that for you!! It’s nice to get some special treatment on special occasions!

Baloo talks to this day about how bummed he was that Chefs de France didn’t do anything for our engagement. He booked it ahead of time, told them on the phone he was going to propose and we’d be going to dinner there right afterwards, we were wearing our “just engaged” buttons when we walked in… We did get a “congratulations” from our waiter, which was very nice, but that was it. I was kind of oblivious - I just got engaged, I didn’t care about anything :laugh: - but Baloo was really hoping there would be a little something special done.

However, a few months later we went to Cali Grill with his mom and aunt as a belated engagement gift from them and there was confetti on the table, we got a nice dessert to share, and quite a few Cast Members came over to congratulate us! It seems like the celebration recognitions are hit or miss, but it really makes you feel great when you get them!

That is awesome!!

I agree that they are hit or miss with the celebrations. Some CM’s specifically ask if you are celebrating so they can note it on your ressies but I guess it all goes by the CM at the restaurant to follow through. But it sure does make your day when they do acknowledge your celebration.

Congratulations on your engagement. Is the wedding quickly approaching???

Thank you hiner!! :slight_smile: We’re planning on Fall 2012. We both graduated college not too long along so we wanted to wait and make sure we had solid jobs before we started putting out money for a wedding and honeymoon and etc. Baloo has a teaching job lined up at a college for this coming fall and I’m waiting to hear back about education positions at a few museums, so things are looking good for next year! I’ve been feeling like a year is a long way away, but I just signed up at theknot.com and I’m realizing how much planning actually goes into a wedding - a year may not be enough!!

On our reservation for Akershus we told them it as our daughters birthday. She was brought a cupcake and a card signed by the princesses(5):wub:

I highly recommend a Disney Fairytale Wedding:heart:

I do too!:heart:

For our engagement (wearing our Just Engaged pins) in 2009 we recieved a free special dessert platter at BOMA, and recieved a free candy apple each at a store in HS (can’t remember which one) plus, we were taken into HS early to take photopass pics before park opening - made for beautiful pictures having the whole place virtually to ourselves!

I’m definitely looking into a Fairytale Wedding! They’re a little pricey though. I’m looking at options at the Swan & Dolphin too - still Disney, but not officially, so the prices are lower. :blush:

We’re definitely on a budget so I’m trying not to get my heart set on a Disney wedding. :laugh:

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;1085865]I’m definitely looking into a Fairytale Wedding! They’re a little pricey though. I’m looking at options at the Swan & Dolphin too - still Disney, but not officially, so the prices are lower. :blush:

We’re definitely on a budget so I’m trying not to get my heart set on a Disney wedding. :laugh:[/QUOTE]

We renewed our vows in Clearwater for our 10th anniversary 12 years ago. I know how expensive WDW is as I wanted to surprise DH doing it there. I found a wonderful H/W team who were absolutely awesome. We never had so much fun.

What ever you decide, it is your day and you do what you want!

Good luck with the jobs and planning your dream wedding!!!

We always go on our reservations (5 years in a row) and every place we go always makes a big deal of it. From restaurant treatment to people being nice to us in the park. Disney makes special days, well uh, special!

[QUOTE=hiner;1086324]We renewed our vows in Clearwater for our 10th anniversary 12 years ago. I know how expensive WDW is as I wanted to surprise DH doing it there. I found a wonderful H/W team who were absolutely awesome. We never had so much fun.

What ever you decide, it is your day and you do what you want!

Good luck with the jobs and planning your dream wedding!!![/QUOTE]

ooo Clearwater is nice - perfect for a vow renewal! We’ve been looking around Ft. Myers for some options there. Thanks for the good luck!! :happy: