QS choices

DH and I are going to stay at BC for a short anniversary trip in May. We want to enjoy wandering around Epcot and not be locked into ADRs so we are going to do the QS Dining Plan. We are only going for 3 days (no hoppers) so will only do Epcot/MK/then Epcot again. Would love to hear comments on our choices for QS places. Also, since we are staying at BC, any thoughts on QS places at BC, YC, BW? (We’ll be eating small breakfast in room)

day 1 - Epcot
lunch: Yakatori (Japan)
dinner: Sunshine Seasons

day 2 - MK
lunch-Columbia Harborhouse (or Pecos Bills)
dinner-Cosmic Rays

day 3 - Epcot
lunch- Norway
dinner-Mexico (cs)

thanks!!

Sunshine Seasons is GREAT! It is a must-do for us every trip we take. They have great food options, a big variety, and a bakery for your dessert! I think you will enjoy that one!

We are big fans of all three of your choices at MK. In my opinion, you can’t go wrong with any of them. The taco salad at Pecos Bill’s is amazing!

Norway, personally I would not use a QS meal here. It is a deli/bakery. There are a couple of great snack/dessert options there but not worth a meal in my opinion.

Mexico, you can’t go wrong here. We have had several things from here and we have yet to find one that we do not like. (and I can be a little picky)

I think they all sound good. I’ve never had a CS at Norway, but I thought the sandwiches looked good. We usually just stopped by for a snack.

Now what about all the snacks?

Love Sunshine Seasons and Columbia Harbour House. I’ve never had the sandwiches at the Kringla Bakery (I’m assuming that’s what you mean for “Norway”), but they look intriguing and the pastries are wonderful.

La Patisserie in France has good croisssant sandwiches, quiche and delicious pastries. We like the fish 'n chip shop in England too.

The Boardwalk Bakery has good sandwiches. Is Beaches & Cream at BC considered quick service? I’ve never eaten there, but many love it.

Beaches & Cream to go is QS. Beaches & Cream is TS. If I was on DDP no way would I waste a TS there. That’s one of those places that’s too much for QS but not enough for TS. Really surprised WGP express is still QS since it’s the same way.

We love Kringla. They have a great lox sandwich there and other tasty things.
You can’t beat sunshine seasons for all of their choices.

Yakatori is fine as well as Columbia Harbor House.
Cosmic Ray’s makes me want to :blow: - it’s like a feeding station for cattle

Another idea for QS is Morocco and don’t forget France - yummy food there as well.

I have to say, there are a good amount of QS restaurants all over the resorts and parks - they give you a lot of food. I really want to try something less than the deluxe dining plan next trip, it can be done quite nicely

[QUOTE=llama;1065682]

La Patisserie in France has good croisssant sandwiches, quiche and delicious pastries. We like the fish 'n chip shop in England too.[/QUOTE]

I second La Patisserie. Oldest DD and I love their quiche!

WGPE is our all time favorite QS. If you feel like hitting DTD, that would be a great use of your QS credits. :happy:

Thanks for all the suggestions!

We’ve trying to go to some places that we never went to before - so that’s why I added on Kringila (Norway) and Yakitori (Japan). I didn’t realize that the bakery in France had quiche and sandwiches too - may have to switch one out for that!

This will be a different kind of trip for us as we always have a spreadsheet full of table service reservations! Since DD won’t be with us, we want to take in all the sights in World Showcase, enjoy some cocktails and have a bite to eat here and there.

With the QS service plan you also get 2 snacks per person per day - so our trip will include alot of snacking too!

Another place we really want to stop in is that Tequilla Bar in Mexico! :ohmy::ohmy:

We’ve never eaten at WGP Express in DTD, but have always wanted to. That seems like a great value for a CS credit! We may squeeze that in, but last time we stayed at BC it was a pain to get to DTD, so we’ll see.

Have anyone ever used the QS dining plan?

We really like the choices at Pecos Bill’s. We sometimes split a chicken wrap since they are so filling (quite tasty too).

[QUOTE=Dopey;1065696]
I have to say, there are a good amount of QS restaurants all over the resorts and parks - they give you a lot of food. I really want to try something less than the deluxe dining plan next trip, it can be done quite nicely[/QUOTE]

Always wondered about that plan…we always do the regular DDP. Can’t imagine sitting down for three meals a day. Where do you find the time and the room in your belly? Last year I feel like we wasted food at QS meals…but heck it was free :whistling

[QUOTE=Dopey;1065696].
Cosmic Ray’s makes me want to :blow: - it’s like a feeding station for cattle[/QUOTE]

Ahh, Iris - you have such a way with words!:laugh: I totally agree.

Surprisingly, the QS in China has a very nice orange chicken.

WGP Express in the Marketplace has some of the best quick service meals in WDW. The quality is definitely a cut above. Earl of Sandwich is wonderful too. I must have the “Original” every trip. And remember, you can get a glass of wine in France to go with that quiche.

We did QS one year - it was a lot of fun trying out new places. We really enjoyed it.

Yes. We’ve done it twice, and we actually prefer it over the regular plan simply because we hate to have to live our vacation around ADRs. :happy:

I agree with the QS option in China. We love both Pecos Bills and Harbour House, great choices. We like to sit upstairs at the Harbour House.

If you’re going to DTD give Earle of Sandwich a try, they have super good sandwiches.

Love, love and love some me some more sunshine seasons!

We had our ULTIMATE rude experience at Sunshine Seasons, but the food was good. I was ready to stab a woman with a plastic fork! LOL. (stepped in line in front of us because she said we were slow, then took our table as we were sitting down because she said we were taking too long. Gotta love the rude people at Disney) Where are you planning to eat in Norway? CS or Akershus? I see people assuming you are doing CS, but it doesn’t say so. Akershus isn’t bad at all. Just remember, if you don’t like cold fish, not worth it. If you do, you are in good shape!