Question about beds at the Beach Club

Looking on the WDW site, for the Beach Club it says about the various type beds you may get. On this list is two double beds ?? Why in the world would one pay hundreds a night and only to get double beds? Are there some rooms smaller than others? Could that be why the double beds? I would be very unhappy to open my room door and find double beds. Are there any other deluxe resorts that have double beds?

All of Disney’s deluxe hotels are either two queen or one king.
You don’t have to worry about getting a double at the Beach.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;983811]All of Disney’s deluxe hotels are either two queen or one king.
You don’t have to worry about getting a double at the Beach.[/QUOTE]

But it’s posted on the site…

Standard

* Expansive views of Disney's Beach Club Resort gardens or parking lot
* Additional adult charge of $25 per adult per night for more than 2 adults
* 2 queen-size beds (available with day bed), 2 double-size beds, 2 queen-size beds and a day bed, one king-size
* bed or one king size bed and a day bed.
* Rollaway bed available upon request 

This is for one of the lower priced priced rooms but still it’s over 300 bucks.

Or is it that page hasn’t been updated in years???

Maybe the doubles are in the dormer rooms. When we got upgraded to concierge last year we had a dormer room, which was smaller. The beds, I think, were full and not queen.

Hmmmm I wonder if that’s it. But again, I’d be extra annoyed if I paid for a concierge and got a full. Now free, that’s a different story. :laugh:

Yeah, we weren’t paying for it. We actually paid WL rates plus $7 per night for a BC standard room. We got there and were told it was an upgrade to Concierge. While the room was smaller, it had a full size balcony that directly overlooked the water. So in my book it was great, plus it was on the same floor as the concierge room and CMs who were awesome.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;983811]All of Disney’s deluxe hotels are either two queen or one king.
You don’t have to worry about getting a double at the Beach.[/QUOTE]

I stayed at the Beach Club this weekend and we had 2 double beds. The room was plenty big enough for 2 queens, but they were doubles. I was in room 1630 which was on the first floor down the hall from the store on the right. I dont know if that is considered a Dormer room or not.

Wow, makes Pop a lot easier to swallow again…I would kill for Queen beds, the kids kick and fight and the doubles are too small…at least they are not costing $300+ a night! I think if I ever upgrade, it will be for Queen beds alone…(note to self: no Beach Club!) :pinch:

My gosh - how do they justify that? I’d be pretty ticked if I opened the door at the BC to find double beds. Very odd.

If that room was on the first floor then it wasn’t a dormer room. Dormers are on the top floor and have the peaked ceiling b/c of the room line. Was your room big enough to have the couch in it along with the desk and dresser? Because it’s just odd to me that they’d put doubles in rooms that could fit the queen beds.

There was no room for a couch the way it was set up, but it did have a long dresser and a desk with a table underneath that could be rolled out. Too bad I didn’t take a picture!!

At those prices, I’d be raging if they were double beds, especially for concierge!

That was the set up of our room…I think the regular sized rooms are supposed to a couch too. In our room, a dorm was in the way, so we had a small table and chair in addition to the long dresser and table. I think these rooms would be the equivalent of the ‘value’ rooms at AKV, which are 10% smaller than the standard AKV room.