Question about departing a Disney cruise

OoOO, I think I just spotted a GREAT deal on airfare for our cruise which I was SUPER worried about so I feel like I have to act fast to get this great rate.

I have 3 options, on the DEPARTING day of the cruise which flight would you take out of Orlando airport?

• 11:05 am (too early??)

• 1:50 pm (is this cutting it too close?)

OR…

• 3:56 pm (will be be stuck at the airport for hours?)

Which one should I choose? I don’t want to panic about getting off the ship & getting to the airport to make a flight but I also don’t want to be sitting at Orlando International for a crazy long time.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;857445]OoOO, I think I just spotted a GREAT deal on airfare for our cruise which I was SUPER worried about so I feel like I have to act fast to get this great rate.

I have 3 options, on the DEPARTING day of the cruise which flight would you take out of Orlando airport?

• 11:05 am (too early??)

• 1:50 pm (is this cutting it too close?)

OR…

• 3:56 (will be be stuck at the airport for hours?)

Which one should I choose? I don’t want to panic about getting off the ship & getting to the airport to make a flight but I also don’t want to be sitting at Orlando International for a crazy long time.[/QUOTE]

we were always off the boat way before 9am. by the time you get your bags and get your transport it is easily 9am and the drive is about 45 min to an hour depending on traffic. 11 might be cutting it close but the 1:50 will be plenty of time- we normally would fly out around noon

I would go for the 1:50PM flight. That will leave you plenty of time in case there is any delay getting off of the ship. That way…you can have a bite to eat before you board your plane:)

I agree, the 1:50pm flight will be best. You have time to relaxm instead of going into rush and panic mode!

You can make the 1:50 flight without a problem and probadly the 11:00am flight. Our last cruise with Disney they had us off the ship by 8:00am, we found our luggage and our driver was waiting curbside.

I think I am going to choose to 1:50pm flight then, I will probably be panicked that we might be late if we choose the 11:05 am. I think I’d rather be a little relaxed, get some lunch, and we’ll still get back to Newark by 5pm with that 1:50 flight.

OooOoO, I am SOOOO glad I found a flight for $250.! When we were pricing out that Spring Break cruise I was still hardpressed to find a flight under $500. :pinch: Changing our cruise to June was probably a really smart move economically. :smile:

Yay! Wishy got a flight! I know you were so worried about that! Now you can just sit back and get rediculously excited!

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;857465]I think I am going to choose to 1:50pm flight then, I will probably be panicked that we might be late if we choose the 11:05 am. I think I’d rather be a little relaxed, get some lunch, and we’ll still get back to Newark by 5pm with that 1:50 flight.

OooOoO, I am SOOOO glad I found a flight for $250.! When we were pricing out that Spring Break cruise I was still hardpressed to find a flight under $500. :pinch: Changing our cruise to June was probably a really smart move economically. :smile:[/QUOTE]

What a GREAT flight!!! 1:50pm is PERFECT. GO BOOK IT BEFORE IT’S GONE!!! :happy:

1:50 will be great! I’m glad you got that taken care of.

I have to wait until the morning so I can pay cash, I refuse to put it on CC cause I’m afraid I’ll be too tempted to slack and not pay right away. I am also going to call DVC in the morning and arrange the 4 night stay at SSR before the cruise! :biggrin:

Thank you everyone.

Wish, you will have no problem at all. I went back and looked at our airline schedule from 2005 and our departing flight was at 12 noon and we even had a comfortable amount of time before our flight left after we arrived.:happy:

Cool, glad to hear it. There are plenty of cool stores at that airport too to keep us occupied an extra hour or so. :happy:

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;857631]I have to wait until the morning so I can pay cash, I refuse to put it on CC cause I’m afraid I’ll be too tempted to slack and not pay right away. I am also going to call DVC in the morning and arrange the 4 night stay at SSR before the cruise! :biggrin:

Thank you everyone.[/QUOTE]

That is FANTASTIC news!! See . . . it’s all coming together . . . (a glimmer of light is visible) :happy:

I know, that made me pretty happy! If I book this good airfare this morning we’ll be all tucked away! Our Oct. trip flight was booked a long time ago, and now this one! I won’t have to worry about flights at all! :biggrin:

So Wishy…did you book your great airfare? :confused:

I did, I got it! :smile: So now we have everything pretty set! Awesome, I am so glad i found that!