Question about DVC resale/renting

I have a few questions about renting out my DVC points. If I was interested in doing so how do I go about it?
What about resale if I wasnt interested in the DVC anymore?
I was thinking about having a house built in the next few years and may need to get rid of the DVC so it was just a thought.
Thanks!!

I think you should keep the DVC and rent it out. You will make MORE than your MFs and if the time comes you want to go, you always have your points.

You can rent out EASILY here. Or on other DISney boards. :happy:

Selling your DVC?

Renting points is easy. Find someone who wants to rent them and you make a reservation for them in their name. You have to do all the calling but it’s easy. How you collect the money is up to you, you can ask for all of it up front or maybe half at the time you book and half so many months out. It’s really up to you.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;901967]Selling your DVC?

Renting points is easy. Find someone who wants to rent them and you make a reservation for them in their name. You have to do all the calling but it’s easy. How you collect the money is up to you, you can ask for all of it up front or maybe half at the time you book and half so many months out. It’s really up to you.[/QUOTE]

I know its crazy but I was thinking $3600.00 a year adds up after a while. I dont know what I want to do at this moment. Im pretty sure about keeping it but just wanted to know the options. I think renting the pts may be a better idea than selling.

I just have a zillion ideas running right now and I just want to make sure I can sell my house and build in a few years.

ummmm, didn’t you just buy DVC this year? :blink:

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;901968]I know its crazy but I was thinking $3600.00 a year adds up after a while. I dont know what I want to do at this moment. Im pretty sure about keeping it but just wanted to know the options. I think renting the pts may be a better idea than selling.

I just have a zillion ideas running right now and I just want to make sure I can sell my house and build in a few years.[/QUOTE]

woah, woah, woah… what the heck is costing you $3,600 a year with DVC? :blink:

Yeah, $300 a month sounded high to me. But maybe it’s DVC Financing and MFs???

I rented my points this year (it has been a rough year and half for my family) I didn’t want to sell it. DVC helped us by letting us skip 3 payments and add it to the end of the loan. We tried to sell it through a timeshare sales group but that didn’t work out. When I thought we just might loose it I heard my cousin was planning a trip so I made a an offer to him. I know that people sell points for between $8-$10 so I sold him 214 for $9 and he made the payments for me each month. I was very lucky to sell it to family. They had the best time and I was able to keep my DVC. Since then my husband has a new job and I will be able to resume the payment in January. I would try to ask family or friends if they want to rent points or if they know someone going that may want to rent. Otherwise I am sure you could rent the points through here. I had to make the reservations, magical express and dining plans for them and everything was mailed to their home. I hope this helps.

renting really worked for my family Good Luck to you

ours is $270 a month thats the financing with the monthly dues. only 6 more years left.

Wow, you didn’t really have it all that long, did you? Well, I would still say to stick with it, because you can make all your money back just by renting it out to other people. And if you can find a way to pay off the balance and just have monthly fees to deal with, then you can REALLY make some cash by renting it out.

Before you make the decision to just ditch it, you should do some research about renting. Just so you don’t end up regrettinghte decision.

BTW, we only pay monthly fees and it is less than $100 per month.

Its $238 payment and then $72 something with the Adues.

I guess Im stressed because my first payments are very high. :blush:

Ok… I think Im just stressing right now :blush:

I think if worse comes to worse I will rent points.
The reason I am stressing is that I pay for this all by myself on a collectors salary:laugh:. My husband wanted NO parts of it and I bought it anyways :laugh:

How many points do you have? Maybe renting them out for a couple years & sending that money straight to the finance department would make you feel better?

160 pts. Thats what I was thinking. I was thinking last night after I piosted this that I could use this as a temp investment property:laugh: I think the stress of Christmas, wanting to move, re doing my house in new carpet and everything else I have going on is stressing me out to death:laugh: I just have to get over the first couple higer payments on this and in jan I will start to make the reg payments.
I have 2 contract. I have no clue why but it all equals 160 pts. I think cause they wanted to get my phase 1 pts. I have no clue. I may pay the Adues in jan off so that will lower the payment. the dues are almost $80 a month I think.
I dont want to give it up as I worked very hard for it but I think Im just stressed and wanted to see my options. :laugh:

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;902026]160 pts. Thats what I was thinking. I was thinking last night after I piosted this that I could use this as a temp investment property:laugh: I think the stress of Christmas, wanting to move, re doing my house in new carpet and everything else I have going on is stressing me out to death:laugh: I just have to get over the first couple higer payments on this and in jan I will start to make the reg payments.
I have 2 contract. I have no clue why but it all equals 160 pts. I think cause they wanted to get my phase 1 pts. I have no clue. I may pay the Adues in jan off so that will lower the payment. the dues are almost $80 a month I think.
I dont want to give it up as I worked very hard for it but I think Im just stressed and wanted to see my options. :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Tink,

I totally feel your pain! When we bought into DVC in September, DH had just been told that when he came back from vacation the “bosses” would be finalizing the details of his pay raise (which was suppossed to be over $20K). However, no one realized just how bad the markets would drop when we returned, so his whole company Put a salary freeze on everyone, and obviously, the raise went out the door. Couple that with horrible business since then (DH is a business/finance Mgr for a Land Rover/Jaguar dealership) and we are having some really crunching times. I know the first thing that will have to go is the DVC membership, but I’m trying to make the best of it for now. We’re planning to utilize our free incentive points in January for DD’s 5th bday, and possibly a quickie anniversary trip for the two of us in May. Outside of that, we may just have to rent out our regular 2008 points to be able to make the payments for a while until the economy starts to turn up again!

Have you looked a what you would get resale? AKV is going from $90-93 per point right now. Make sure you can get out enough to pay off your loan unless you have to sell it. Smaller contracts can sell for more than larger ones but I don’t know where your contracts fall since you have two.

What Im going to do is rent out the pts. I have so many that I dont NEED 4 vacations in 2009 so I think once I get past that I will be good to go.

I needed to rent out our points in 2005. We were moving into our new home and wanted to use vacation money to help furnish the home. I used message boards on another site. It was a very successful transaction and I made enough money to buy new bedding for the entire house. If you’d like more info, let me know.

Sure!! That would be great. you can PM me here which I check at night or my personal Email is kate08051@yahoo.com I check all the time.
Thanks!!