Question about southwest credit rules

Last May 23 2011, we book flights for Dec 2011. As time went by, the fares got lower and we got credit. In Jan 2012, I booked flights for May 15 2012 using the SW credits and CC. Again flights have gone down. But it would appeared that the credit I am now getting will expire on May 23 2012. I thought the old credits would have been used up and I would have new credit that would be valid until Jan 2013.

I don’t see a page of rules listing what’s what with using credit. Can anyone see one? I’d rather read something before calling them up.

I believe the credit is tied to the original planned trip…the original date…but lately there have been some changes and maybe just maybe the second date will take precedence…good luck

Yep, expires 1 year from the original date of purchase.

Also, the credits have to be use by the same ticket holder. I had credit on my DS1’s ticket but I couldn’t use it for me. I PAID for his ticket, I think I should be able to use (like you used to be able to do) but they think differently. :crying:

While that seems like it sucks, it’s much better than the other “non refundable” airline fares which is “sorry but you spent more.”

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1107120]Yep, expires 1 year from the original date of purchase.

Also, the credits have to be use by the same ticket holder. I had credit on my DS1’s ticket but I couldn’t use it for me. I PAID for his ticket, I think I should be able to use (like you used to be able to do) but they think differently. :crying:

While that seems like it sucks, it’s much better than the other “non refundable” airline fares which is “sorry but you spent more.”[/QUOTE]

Southwest let us transfer credits to another person, but it was $75 off of the credit. You have to ask for management to get it transferred because they will tell you it can’t be done!

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1107120]Yep, expires 1 year from the original date of purchase.

While that seems like it sucks, it’s much better than the other “non refundable” airline fares which is “sorry but you spent more.”[/QUOTE]

See what I don’t understand is to buy the tickets we are using in May, we had to use both SW credit and cash (CC). So with the fares going down, I’m getting the old credit back again, not the cash part back as new credit.

Guess I’ll call and see what they say.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1107133]See what I don’t understand is to buy the tickets we are using in May, we had to use both SW credit and cash (CC). So with the fares going down, I’m getting the old credit back again, not the cash part back as new credit.

Guess I’ll call and see what they say.[/QUOTE]

Ask to speak to someone in management, hopefully it will help! I agree that you should at least get credit for the amount you put on the CC.