Question about the Disney Collection Resorts?

Has anyone stayed in any of these? I was trying to find out how it works but, all that I have found out is that I need to pay an extra 90 or 95 to book it plus the HUGE amount of points.

does anyone have any input on this stuff?

I just saw pictures of coronado springs online and it is awesome looking!!! I had never seen that resort. even though the point cost is out the roof I think I would be willing to do one night for the experience.

You pay $95 per transaction to stay at a non-DVC Disney resort, and the point values are higher than if you get a studio at a DVC resort. At least, that is my experience.

But if it’s your only option, hey, a room is a room, right?

WOW!! 95 bucks…It’s almost cheaper if you have an annual pass/fl resident to book a room with a room only discount rather than use your points and have to pay the $95 bucks… I guess If you have points that you HAVE to use…

yup! dang never thought of it that way. lol! it makes sense

I have stayed at CBR before,it was a last minute thing and it was before the $95 fee.
Like others said do the Annual pass discount for CSR. We have APs and we stayed at CSR for $95 a night before we got DVC. It will save you the points.

I would only do that is I needed a room and no DVC room was available, the points are just too high when you add in the $95 fee.

I booked recently in this way, and I had points I had to use or lose… so for me, it was a no-brainer.

But be aware that if you book a Disney Collection resort and later have to cancel, you cannot put the points back into your DVC bank. What will happen is they hold those points for you and they must be used by the end of hte use year, and may only be used at a Disney Collection room. In other words, you can’t cancel a CBR room and use the points for a DVC stay – once they transfer over to Disney Collection, that’s it.

Oh, and also – the $95 charge applies once to the entire ressie. So if you book six nights, you still only pay $95.

that’s not bad I guess but they are A LOT of points. lol!

Thank you everyone for answering

[QUOTE=DiZ NeE O8;926102]Has anyone stayed in any of these? I was trying to find out how it works but, all that I have found out is that I need to pay an extra 90 or 95 to book it plus the HUGE amount of points.

does anyone have any input on this stuff?

I just saw pictures of coronado springs online and it is awesome looking!!! I had never seen that resort. even though the point cost is out the roof I think I would be willing to do one night for the experience.[/QUOTE]

The “reservation fee” is a crock. And it applies to one night or a hundred. You are already paying a premium in points to exchange.

Not enought people complained so it stuck.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;926413]The “reservation fee” is a crock. And it applies to one night or a hundred. You are already paying a premium in points to exchange.

Not enought people complained so it stuck.[/QUOTE]

It’s not as annoying as the rule that once you book a Disney Collection option, you can’t put your points back into your bank if you cancel. That is really a bummer.

First of all we :heart: CSR it’s beautiful with an awesome pool! And if you drive to the parks it’s a hop skip and jump to them all.

But I agree with momofaprincess go with your FL resident or PH rate. We stayed Xmas week last year, and it was only $99/night. (Passholder) They run good deals at this resort, since it’s so large, and almost NEVER full.

There is a convention center, but I’ve stayed 3x and never had a problem with too many business people. But then again, I don’t ever eat meals here, we eat at the parks. So in the am the food court might be busy!?!?