Question about Treehouse Villas

So, I hear they are reopening, and I just had some questions. Does anyone know if they have washers & dryers in them??? I know when you stay in the DVC’s they always have washers & dryers, but I’m wondering if these will.
Also, does Disney have cribs & highchairs that you can rent while you are staying there???

—hopefully, someone with more information will reply-but-many years ago—about 15 I think—I had the floor plan for the tree houses. They had a a small area with a washer and dryer at that time so I imagine they would still have that. (I never stayed there but stayed in the villas nearby.) They used to be pretty isolated so I would imagine they would have their own laundry.

A few weeks ago, you could see them “redoing” the tree houses as we went by on the bus.

Smallworld

All DVC units other than studios will have washer & dryer. There is a fold up crib in all units I believe - not something I’ve had to worry about in a LONG time! :laugh:

The Tree Houses are being converted into timeshares from rental units. They will be part of the SSR resort so all SSR members will have them as their home resort also. They are starting to put out information on selling points there. Haven’t heard anything on what the points will be priced to purchase but from what I understand they will be priced at the SSR 2 BR rate on the nightly rental rates.

Never stayed there but it adds yet another option in different places to stay.

If anyone is interested in buying DVC, email me and I’ll put you in touch with my guide.

Here’s the floor plan…

Ahhhhh ok. That does make sense since Saratoga is right there. I didn’t know they even existed anymore—the townhouse villas are long gone. I always wanted to stay in one, but never go with enough people to warrant it.

smallworld

Good info - looks like they hold quite a bunch of folks!

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;930182]All DVC units other than studios will have washer & dryer. There is a fold up crib in all units I believe - not something I’ve had to worry about in a LONG time! :laugh:

The Tree Houses are being converted into timeshares from rental units. They will be part of the SSR resort so all SSR members will have them as their home resort also. They are starting to put out information on selling points there. Haven’t heard anything on what the points will be priced to purchase but from what I understand they will be priced at the SSR 2 BR rate on the nightly rental rates.

Never stayed there but it adds yet another option in different places to stay.

If anyone is interested in buying DVC, email me and I’ll put you in touch with my guide.

Here’s the floor plan…[/QUOTE]

Sweet!!! thank you very much

Has anyone heard more about when these will be available? I know they said “Summer 2009”, but I was hoping for something more concrete. We are going the first week in June, already have a 2BR reserved, so it wouldn’t be any more points to stay in one of these. How awesome would that be??

I have always loved the tree houses, or rather the concept of them. I am sure they were being used when we first went to WDW in 1990- and then of course they became very delapidated and eventually weren’t they international CM accomodation?
Anyway its good to hear they’ve been restored to their former glory.

I think there is a creek near by for you to do your laundry. As for cribs, each tree has a hollowed out section in the trunk. You just stuff the little rascal in there.

Hahahahahahaha!!! LMAO!!!

They should have washer and dryer since they are DVC. As for Cribs and High Chairs, here is what I KNOW!!! All DVC 1 Bdrm plus have pack and play’s (that they consider a crib) and a high chair (wooden kind found in restaurant) in the room. However, I was concerned my son would think of the pack and play more like his playpen at home and not want to sleep, so I requested an actual crib! They said they could make the request, but could not guarentee (blah, blah, blah…). When we arrived they got us the crib (very sweet of them) and it was more like a jail!!! This huge metal crib all painted white on wheels! It was cold and so not cozy looking!

DS ended up sleeping just fine in his pack and play, I guess I forgot he would be exhuasted from overstimulation!

I have to say again: I have always wanted to stay in one of those treehouses. They really appeal to me. I would rent points in a heartbeat to get the chance to stay there.

They sleep up to 9 people Debi, you can bring the entire family with girl friends and all

Yeah, Bossmouse too :pinch:

Are the Treehouses all going to be 3 bedroom villas? We have never needed anything larger than 2 bedrooms and even then we could have gotten by with the 1 bedroom.

The treehouses have 3 bedrooms, but the 3rd BR only has bunkbeds. There are queen beds in the other 2 BRs, plus a pull-out couch and a pull-out chair in the living room, to sleep a total of 9.

BTW, you can book these starting THIS SUNDAY, FEB 8, if you have SSR as your home resort. I am so excited! We are going the first week in June, and are going to be up bright and early on Sunday to try and switch to a treehouse. Pixie dust, please!