Question about villas that sleep 5

Looking at the dvc site, some 1 br villas say sleep 5, others say a 5th person can be accommodated but must provide own bedding. What does that mean? A 5th person is allowed, but you have to sleep on the floor with your own blanket and airbed? So the other rooms that have the sleeper chair have sheets and such provided?

Jo-Jo, I’ve never seen that … or I missed the part about supplying your own bed. I would think they mean they would provide a roll-a-way bed. Sleeper beds/sofas have the linens provided.

I’ve been looking at the online booking site. We have a waitlist for a 1 br at BCV for this spring, so I like to keep checking. AKV sleeps 5, SSR would allow 5. We will be 5 people but one is under 3, so the thought was she would use the pack and play. But I’m guessing at AKV (the other half of our trip), the 7 yr old will use the sleeper chair, leaving the sofa for DD and the 2 yr old DGD.

Jo Jo,
I think I read somewhere that they are referring to the sleeper chair available in some 1 Bdrms. That it does convert into a bed, but DVC doesn’t provide anything for it. Can’t remember where I saw it, so someone correct me if I’m wrong.

[QUOTE=bethishooked;1100411]Jo Jo,
I think I read somewhere that they are referring to the sleeper chair available in some 1 Bdrms. That it does convert into a bed, but DVC doesn’t provide anything for it. Can’t remember where I saw it, so someone correct me if I’m wrong.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the newly furbished suites at OKW have a huge arm chair that converts to a twin-size bed. As for bedding, you can always call Housekeeping for an extra blanket and pillow I would think. We’ve always done that because I need LOTS of pillows.:cool:

When we at OKW in Oct. there was bedding for the sleeper chair in the closet.

If the sleeper chair is anything like the one they have at the Disneyland Hotel (and I suspect that they’re similar), the 7-year-old will LOVE it! My DS (now 11) has enjoyed it for several years now.

the sleeper chair in my 2bdr suite had a sheet on it and we pulled the blankets out of the closet along with the extra pillow.

This is from the dvc site for SSR one bedroom

Sleeps 4 – 5th guest can be accommodated, but must provide their own bedding and linens

So I’m guessing it’s that a 5th person is allowed in the room but whether you sleep on the floor or in the tub, that’s up to you.